Operation: Make Seulgi Confess She's in Love

Operation: Make Seulgi Confess She's in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday night could have different kinds of meanings, depending on the kinds of people we're talking about. For geeks, it could mean more time to read all books of knowledge their eyes have seen till they pass out. For your average type of people, it could mean that weekends are finally here and that they can finally get the rest they have been yearning for ever since monday has started. For your typical party people, it could mean the usual "party-or-get-wasted-and-get-laid-till-the-sun's-up" routine.

But for two certain persons, it could only mean ing till the only thing that their bodies can do is to catch their breaths and lay flat on the bed with the faint streetlight as their only source of light.

"Wow..." the shorter woman said as she was catching her breath

"I could say that you've really improved if I'd compare it to the past three months." The monolid woman replied

"Oh, don't remind me." She breathlessly replied

The night was young indeed. For Kang Seulgi, she would have changed her clothes and head out to bang some random chick she've flirted with in a club, but tonight was different, for here she was, stuck in bed and hoplessly staring at a now sleeping Bae Joohyun, or whom she would call a goddess or an epitome of beauty.

She'd say that she's not in love and will never be, or that Joohyun was just a good , nothing more, nothing less, but like what her best friend Son Seungwan said, "You don't look at a buddy like she's something fragile you'd never want to break."

No matter how much she tries to deny it in public, deep inside she knows that Joohyun is someone she'd never want to hurt. It wasn't that simple to explain how she managed to put up with this whole "Friends-with-Benefits" set-up for 7 months and counting, but if it meant sleeping and waking up next to Bae Joohyun, then who was she to pass it up?

"Admit it Seul, you love her."

"I told you Wan, I am--"

"Not in love and will never be? Damn it, do you even hear yourself? Even Yeri's sister, Saeron, can tell that you're head over heels with her, and you're basically living under the same roof with her!"

"You're exaggerating, and it doesn't mean when were both living together we're in love with each other."

"Then kindly explain why you haven't been ing anyone the past 7 months?"

"I haven't found anyone interesting yet."

"Oh really? Then how about Sunmi? Yuri? Jennie? Mina? You find them boring? I heard that Sunmi was trying to get into your pants last week but you rejected her advances. We all know that's a lie. Don't ever forget that Lisa told me all about it"

"What?! No! I--"

"You love Joohyun. Just say it."

I don't love Joohyun. Seulgi repeated it in her head like a mantra. Every day, she'd convince herself that she wasn't interested in the woman, whether she's busy at work or holding her as she comes undone. She tries not to give the slightest bit of attention to the feeling of love knocking at her heart's doorstep every night.

"You know, I've been thinking."

"About what?"

"How it feels to actually date someone."

"You mean you haven't tried dating someone before?"

"Nah. I wasn't into commitment back then, but it wouldn't hurt to try, right?"

"Whatever you say."

The idea of Joohyun dating someone has actually crossed Seulgi's mind a couple of times, but she tried not to mind it. After all, she isn't in love with Joohyun, as she claims. 

"Do you mind if I date, Seul?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"Well, since we're good friends and are actually living together, I thought you'd might want to have a say in this."

"We're actually more than good friends. We're buddies if I were to call it."

"I always consider you as a good friend despite our set up right now."

Yeah, only a good friend

"Whatever makes you happy, go for it. Don't mind me."

"Thanks. It means a lot to me."

And these types of conversations go on every night. Until this question comes along

"What do you think of Bogum?"

"He's great. A gentleman, loaded with cash. A man of power, fame and fortune, he's a good catch. A wanton goddess and a loaded killer daddy, it's absolutely perfect." Seulgi replies, trying to hide the hint of sarcasm in her voice

"Seriously Seulgi. Is that all you can ever say?"

"Why, what do you want me to say?"

"Something that actually makes sense."

Still being here in this situation doesn't actually make sense

"What?! She plans to have a date with Bogum?

"Shush! No need to tell the whole world about it! You and your loud mouth Wan."

"And you're just going to let this slip?! Do you even know what this brings to your side? She's going to cut off this whole "no strings attached" thing, thus losing the only purpose why both of you're living under the same roof."

"It's just a date. What's so bad about it? I'm at ease with her dating someone I know rather than a guy she met on Tinder."

"Are you serious? You know that every typical love story starts with a date. And actually, it's much better if Joohyun dates a guy from tinder. You know why? There are high chances that she wouldn't like her date and would finally absolutely go for you instead."

"What?! I can't believe you!"

"Anyway, like I said, every typical love story starts with a date. In your case, your love story starts with a ."

"Whatever you say. Back to the topic, that's why she wants to date. Joohyun wants a serious relationship, and it just so happened that he was constantly asking her out."

"But you love her, don't you?"

"What?! No!" 

"So you mean mr. rich guy can give her the exact relationship she longs to have and you can't?"

"I told you, I'm not in love with her, and who knows, maybe mr. rich can be the man of her standards."

"Not in love? To be honest, I can give you exact reasons that show you are hoplessly and endlessly head over heels with her, and one more thing, we both know that if Joohyun were to choose between you and Bogum, she would always choose you."

"How would you even know that? I don't even know if she swings the other way."

"Oh, Seulgi. How dumb can you get? Trust me Bear. I've seen and noticed more things than you."

Presenting the first ever life changing presentation made by, yours truly, Son Seungwan.

5 Reasons that prove Kang Seulgi is in love with Bae Joohyun

 

Reason 1.You don't just simply comply to your buddy's wish if she is just a buddy to you. You're act like her genie, in short

"Seulgi."

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Fire away."

"I don't mean to pry, but, are you um... how do I say this, ing someone else aside from me these days?"

"Um, to be honest, nope."

 "Can I ask you a favor?"

"Uh, sure?"

"Can you, um... not sleep with someone else aside from me?"

"You mean you want me to solely keep my eyes focused on you but not committing ourselves into a relationship? What you're asking of me is totally no different from being lovers minus the committment."

"I just... I just don't like the idea of having your hands touching my body but you're also touching someone else's behind my back. I hope you don't mind."

"Fair enough. As long as you do the same."

 

"Hey Seulgi. Wanna head over to my place? Jennie and Chaeyoung are coming too. The usual foursome, right?"

"Um... sorry Lisa, but I can't. I'm so sorry."

"Strange, you never pass up an offer. What's up?"

"It's hard to explain."

"Don't tell me you've finally decided to settle down with someone?"

"I wouldn't say that's it, but--"

"Tell me, Seulgi. Who's this girl that has finally tamed the wild machine of Seoul? She must have been as wild as you are. Is it who I think it is? Who was she again?" Lisa pretends to think. "Ah! The oh-so-gorgeous Bae Joohyun? The CEO that has all who've seen her drool because of her beauty?"

"Yes, it's her. I'm not settling down yet, ok? Don't get me wrong. It's just that, she asked me a favor not to anyone else but her. She told me her reasons, and I think they're valid and fair enough. By the way, you describe her too much that you're already exaggerating."

"You love her, don't you?"

"What?! No!"

"Keep lying to yourself. I better tell Seungwan, Yeri, and Joy about this. Bye, Bae Seulgi!"

"You tell this to those three evil people and I swear--" But all she heard was the beep of the phone telling her that the call has been ended

 

Reason 2. You act like a lover, and you're treating Joohyun as a lover, not a buddy. Still don't get it? Don't worry, you will soon

"I have to get going, Seul."

"I thought you said last night that you aren't going to the office today. Why the sudden change of plans?"

"My secretary called up earlier this morning. Turns out that the transactor from France decided to move the meeting from Tuesday to this morning. An emergency happened, so it's understandable."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter