F I N A L

Love Will Heal All Our Scars

"Thank you! You guys are the best!" you waved at your fans as your group's encore stage ended.



"Thanks for the support all throughout our promotions for this comeback. We promise we won't make you wait long and work hard to give you guys better music" Soeun, the leader, said her final ments, as you all gathered at the center and bowed.



You waved at the fans one last time, before starting to walk towards the stage's exit.

 

You and your group bowed to the staff backstage as well, thanking them for their hard work and headed towards the waiting room.



As you walked along the corridor, a voice called out.

 


"Hey! Y/N noona!"



You turned and saw Daehwi waving at you, already changed out of the clothes he wore when he hosted.

 


"Congrats on another win!" He congratulated you, falling in step with you.



"Thanks. You were great out there too" you complimented him with an honest smile.



"How have you been by the way?" He asked brightly.

 


"Same old. Too busy with multiple schedules to have some me time. But nevertheless, it was fine" you shrugged.



"I thought so too. Woojin hyung hasn't been sticking his nose in his phone much these days" Daehwi commented.

 


"Oh..." you muttered.



Daehwi looked incredulously at you with your answer, lightly chuckling after.



"He hasn't been really replying much. And he seems a little... distant" you explained.

 


Daehwi nodded in understanding. "He's like that these days with us too. But maybe he's just having one of those days. Or stressing out about something he refuses to talk about again" Daehwi said.



"No worries though, he just needs a little time to think alone. He'll approach someone if its something he can't handle alone, so everything's fine" Daehwi assured.



You gave a small smile in response.



"Yeah... I guess I just kinda miss him" you admitted.

 


Daehwi then started wriggling around, squealing quietly, pleased with your confession.



"Oh, you know what?" he said, suddenly stopping what he was doing.



"What?" you asked back.



"Our 5th debut anniversary as Wanna One is coming up soon and we're having this small reunion at our first dormitory" Daehwi started.

 


"And?" you prompted.



"The members are thinking of inviting you. Don't worry it'll just be us and our managers" he said.



You raised your eyebrows at Daehwi.



"Why am I invited?" you asked.



"Remember when Woojin hyung brought you along during our 1000th day celebration and confirmed to us that you were finally his girlfriend? And you cooked that amazing Spaghetti and Meatballs dish? Maybe you could cook it for us again? Besides, that was almost two years ago so the hyungs want to meet you again" Daehwi asked.



Right. The 1000th day celebration. Talking about that, getting together with Woojin wasn't really expected by the members because you were initially only friends with Jinyoung. You became friends with Jinyoung, however, after he starred in your music video and as you were both born on the same year. Somehow, you met Woojin through Jinyoung, and the rest just happened from then on. When you met the Wanna One members, they welcomed you warmly, allowing you to become friends with them easily.



"Hey, Y/N we have a next schedule we need to go" Dorothy reminded, as she peeked out of the waiting room, with you not even realizing you've already arrived.

 


"I'll go right in" you told her, as she nodded in understanding before going inside.



"I need to go now. But are you sure you guys want me to come? I mean, the event should be about you guys. Won't I be intruding?" you turned to Daehwi.



"Of course we want you to come. That's why we're inviting you" Daehwi laughed.



You paused in thought. Well, attending also means you could meet Woojin and the others, so why not?



"I guess I'm free, since promotions are over" you finally said after a moment of silence.



Daehwi jumped happily. "Great! I'll text you the details. Go inside. You might get late for your schedule. You have the same number right?" he asked.



You nodded as a yes.



"Okay! Let's talk again later. See you on the party" he said, giving you a brief hug before skipping away happily.



You chuckled. What a cute kid.

 

 


 


 

 

 



A few days later, it was already the day of the boys' anniversary. You came right on the time Daehwi told you, as you pressed the doorbell. Behind the door, you heard hurried steps before it was opened immediately.



"Hey guys, she's here!" Sungwoon announced as you stepped inside their old dormitory for the first time.



You could hear the boys being their, more than usual noisy, selves, which is probably because they were excited that they were back to their old dorm again.



He suddenly gasped as he was looking inside the plastic bags you brought along.



"You're going to make pasta?" He asked excitedly.



"Daehwi said you liked it the last time I cooked it and you guys wanted to eat it again" you answered.



"Y/N!" Jinyoung greeted, suddenly appearing from the door of their old room.



"Hey!" You greeted back, welcoming Jinyoung in a short hug.



"Thanks for coming" he smiled.



"No, I should be the one thanking you guys because you actually wanted me to come" you said, as you walked together.



"The hyungs want to know Woojin hyung's girlfriend better, so why not? I'd bring my girlfriend too, but sadly, I don't have one yet" he sighed dramatically.



You laughed at him, hitting his arm in the process.



You met the other boys at the living room, greeting them one by one.

 

Strangely, Woojin wasn't with them.

 


"Well, I should get the food cooking" you said.



"We'll help! We didn't invite you here just to cook for us" Jaehwan said.



"No it's fine, I can manage. You guys enjoy yourselves and spend some time with each other" you kindly refused.



"Where's Woojin though?" you asked.



"He and Daehwi are still on the way", answered Jisung. Just as he said it, only then did you notice that even Daehwi was also missing.



You nodded in understanding. "I'll cook now. I'll make it quick don't worry" you smiled at them.



"We'll take turns then. I'll go first" Daniel said, accompanying you to the kitchen.



"So, what first?" He asked.

 

 


 

 


 

 

 

 


True to what the boys said, they did come in turns. Moments later, as it was Seongwoo's turn, Daehwi and Woojin finally arrived.



"Lover boy's here. I guess my turn's done" Seogwoo said, removing the gloves and leaving the kitchen with a cheeky smile.



"Hm?" you muttered cluelessly.



"You came!" Daehwi exclaimed, running towards you, hugging you by the side.



"Woojin hyung! Y/N noona is here!" Daehwi said, waving Woojin over.



Woojin halted in his steps, visibly shocked.



"Why are you here?" he asked.



Your hands stopped mixing for a moment, interpreting his voice tone as unwanting. You quickly shook off the feeling.



"Why are you even asking? Be glad that I actually asked her to come because you didn't" Daehwi sassed at him.



"Is it my turn?" Guanlin asked, peeking inside the kitchen.



"Guanlin, it’s not your turn yet. Let Woojin go first" Jihoon went behind Guanlin, putting a hand over the taller boy's shoulder.



Woojin shook his head softly.



"It's fine. Guanlin can go if he wants to" he said.



The four of you paused, the three boys sharing wary glances. Woojin was being weird.



Did he actually just refuse being with you alone, and let some other guy ahead of him?



"Have fun I guess" Woojin shrugged plainly, before leaving the kitchen.



Daehwi scratched his head in confusion.



"Please be patient with him. He's not being himself these days" Daehwi pleaded with a guilty smile.



"It's fine, I understand. Maybe you and Guanlin should have this turn together, it'll work faster that way" you offered.



Guanlin and Daehwi nodded enthusiastically, grabbing the gloves Seongwoo removed.

 

 


 

 


 

 

 

 


By the time that the only thing left to do was setting up the food, Woojin was the last one left to take a turn.



You heard them playing delightfully in the living room as you were alone in the kitchen. It made you smile fondly at how strong their relationship as a group remained even after 5 years. But you also couldn't keep yourself from worrying about Woojin's strange behavior. You could hear him having fun with the others as he played, but why was he acting differently with you?

 

 

As if he heard his name being called aloud, he suddenly appeared at the kitchen's entrance.



"Do you need help?" He asked with a sigh.



"No, it's fine" you answered with a weak smile.



You brought the pots of cooked meatballs and sauce to the table, and was left to drain the noodles. You approached the stove, to bring the pot of cooked pasta to the sink. You toughened your self, grabbing the holders with much difficulty due to the weight of its contents. You heard steps approach you, as Woojin appeared by your side.



"Give it to me. I'll carry it" he said, not really sounding like he actually wanted to help.



"No it's fine" you said. Your wrists were already starting to hurt now, but you couldn't go to the sink because Woojin was blocking the way.



"Move away, I need to put this on the sink" you told him, huffing.



"Just give it to me" he said, grabbing the holders forcefully.



"No, I can do it just get out of the way" you told him again. You were beginning to lose patience.



"Why won't you just give it--" he suddenly pulled at the holder, making you let go of the pot. However, he, himself, was not prepared to hold the pot up so the pot ended up falling, as it dropped painfully on his foot, clanking loudly against the floor.



"Ow!" He exclaimed in pain, crouching down to grab his foot.

 


You gasped in shock, as you crouched infront of him, to inspect the impact.



"Oh my-- I'm so sorry I didn't mean to let go--" you began but was interrupted when Minhyun came, along with Jihoon, rushing.



"What happened? Are you two alright?" he fussed, crouching together with you and Woojin.



"I accidentally let go of the pot and dropped it on his foot" you admitted guiltily, seeing how the noodles were spilled all over the floor below you.



"You take Woojin to one of the rooms and take care of his foot. I'll clean up here" he instructed.



"I'll help him get up" Jihoon said, approaching Woojin, and hanging Woojin's arm over his shoulders to support him.

 


Woojin slowly stood up, not using his other foot. He winced in pain as the three of you walked to the nearest room. By some miracle, the beds were still there and still had mattresses too.



Jihoon carefully assisted Woojin to sit down, leaving the two of you soon after.



"I can handle it from here" you had told Jihoon, in which he had nodded in understanding, then leaving quietly.



You bit your lower lip in worry.



"Does it hurt a lot?" you asked inspecting his foot, which has a faint red spot growing across.



It was a good thing you weren't holding the pot too high up or else you would have probably broken the bones in his foot.



"Let me see it" you grabbed the hand he was using to clutch on his foot.



To your surprise, he slapped your hand away with a sneer.



"I think you've already done enough for this night" he scoffed.



"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to drop it--"



"Oh cut it. You know that's not what I was talking about" he cut you off.



"Did Daehwi really invite you here, or did you just force yourself to be here?" he began.



You looked back at him in surprise. You wanted to answer his question, but he continued speaking just as you were about to do so.



"You do know that this is our 5th year anniversary. This event is supposed to be about us. But then you decided to show up, bothering everyone. You could've cooked it alone but the others were nice enough to help you, so they did. How were we supposed to celebrate when we're all there, tending to you?" he asked with a scowl.



You kept your mouth shut, forcing yourself not to cry. That wasn't what you meant to do. If you knew that it was going to be that way, you would've refused to attend.



"Were you really this stubborn? Why do you keep going around, causing others trouble? I told you to give me the goddamn pot but no, you just had to remain headstrong didn't you? Did you see the mess you made in the kitchen? God, Y/N don't you know your limits?" he continued, his voice gradually growing louder. By now you eyes were already blurry with tears, as every word that came from his mouth hurt.



"I'm sorry" you muttered quietly, your voice cracking in the process.



"Sorry? Oh now you're crying. Is this your way of trying to be forgiven? Acting pitiful? If you never really wanted any of this to happen, you would've thought harder about your actions"



You shook your head "I'm sorry, I think I should go now" you said, standing up from your crouching position and leaving the room, hearing Woojin call out to you faintly.


 

“Wait, Y/N--”

 


You kept your head down to avoid attention, hastily wiping your eyes to remove any traces of tears. You went straight to the kitchen, unnoticed to the others who were busy playing something in the living room.



"Hey, I think we should just cook-- are you okay?" Minhyun suddenly stopped his first question, seeing your appearance.



"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to go now. I'm sorry for the trouble. There's still pasta left in the pack that you can cook" you said quietly, not meeting his eyes.



Minhyun didn't push any further, noticing how much you wanted to leave immediately.



"Uh, sure... you be safe then" he bid as you gathered all your things in your arms, not even bothering to arrange them first.



You only nodded in response, quietly exiting the kitchen, to not attract anybody else's attention.



You slipped your shoes on, not even tying the laces, in haste. You then quietly opened the door to make your leave unknown to the members.

 

 

When you were finally outside the dorm, you stopped holding your tears back, crying out the pain you felt from the words Woojin said. You didn’t mind your steps, resulting into you, stepping on your shoe laces and tripping.

 

 

Your things ended up scattering all over the corridor floor. But you didn’t bother make a move to pick anything up. Not even yourself.

 

 

You kept your head down, crying as quietly as you could. Despite your quietness, however, you didn’t hear the door open and close back again.

 

You halted your cries as soon as you saw a pair of feet stop right in front of you.

 

You looked up to see who it was, and pursed your lips.

 

“Jinyoung…” you croaked.

 

Jinyoung said nothing, neither did he show any emotion on his face. He wordlessly picked up your scattered belongings from the floor, grabbing your bag from you to put them in.

 

You only gazed at him as he cleaned up your things, silent tears pouring out from your eyes.

 

“Don’t sit there. The floor’s cold" he finally said.

 

You sniffed and did as he told. You heard him sigh, before grabbing your shoelaces and tying them.

 

“Jinyoung" you called out to him after he finished tying your shoelaces.

 

He didn’t respond, still in a crouching position.

 

“Jinyoung” you called out again.

 

“Are you mad at me too?” you asked, feeling like you were going to cry more.

 

He finally looked at you. He then stood up to meet your height, sighing again and suddenly pulling you to him.

 

Your peace broke as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders, his other hand patting your head comfortingly.

 

You started crying against his chest, your heart painfully wrenching against your chest.

 

“No, I’m not mad at you. Atleast not at you" he said quietly after a few moments.

 

“I heard what he said to you and I hated it. It’s not your fault that he decided to be a ty boyfriend today" he continued.

 

You shook your head against the material of his clothing.

 

“It’s my fault. Please don’t get mad at him"

 

“I have every reason to, Y/N" he said with a hard tone, pulling away to stare directly at you.

 

“He hurt you. I think that’s just about an enough reason" he said, placing his hands on each of your shoulders.

 

You wiped away your tears.

 

“Jinyoung, you need to understand his side. He’s having a hard time right now. I just need to give him his space" you told him.

 

“That’s not a reason Y/N" he insisted.

 

“Look, Jinyoung--” you paused to sigh.

 

“You guys are celebrating your 5th anniversary and I don’t want to ruin it. Please please don’t be mad at Woojin, okay?”

 

“Y/N" he said with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“I’m tired I just want to go home" you looked down, tears forming around your eyes again.

 

“...fine" he said, dropping his arms to his side.

 

“If they look for me, please tell them my manager called and I needed to go back immediately. Please don’t tell them about Woojin, okay?” you asked, adding a small hum at the end.

 

He nodded stiffly.

 

You smiled despite your tears and wrapped your arms around his waist shortly.

 

“Thank you for being there for me Jinyoung" you said, before pulling away.

 

“I’ll take you to your dorm" he said as you pulled away.

 

You shook your head in refusal, “They’re going to look for you"

 

He ran a hand through his hair at your response.

 

“Fine, I’ll ask my manager instead" he huffed.

 

“That won’t be necessary--"

 

“That’s my last and final deal. You either take that or you don’t go at all” he firmly said.

 

You nodded obediently “Okay"

 

“I’ll accompany you downstairs so that I can tell my manager personally" he said, going to the exit.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung’s manager was familiar with you. So when Jinyoung asked for the favor, he didn’t hesitate in agreeing, telling the other managers he was with, that he’d be back.

 

As if he knew how to read you like Jinyoung, he didn’t push even a small talk with you. The journey to your dorm was quiet. Moments later, the car slowed to a stop infront of a convenience store.

 

“I just need to buy something real quick" he said.

 

You nodded in understanding, before he hopped off the car.

 

You took that chance to glance at your phone.

 

What was Woojin doing at the moment?

 

Does his foot still hurt?

 

Were they having fun?

 

Was he having fun, now that you were gone, just as he wanted?

 

However, you didn’t know that you were that into your thoughts until you heard the door slam shut, as Jinyoung’s manager came back, putting a white plastic bag if what he bought behind the driver's seat.

 

After the small stop over, he continued with driving you to the dorm.

 

You arrived shortly after. As you were alighting the vehicle, about to thank him, he called your name. The door was already closed but the window was drawn down so you heard him call you clearly.

 

“Yes?” you asked.

 

“Here" he said, handing me the plastic bag of what he bought from the convenience store.

 

“What is this?” you asked, reaching over to grab the plastic.

 

“Jinyoung likes cheering himself up with some ice cream. I hope the ice cream cheers you up too. He might get sad knowing that his best friend is sad" he said kindly.

 

You looked inside the plastic, to see that it was a pint of Jinyoung’s favorite ice cream.

 

Your heart grew warm at the gesture, smiling up at Jinyoung’s manager in gratitude.

 

“Thank you. I’ll eat this well"

 

He saluted, bidding you farewell and leaving.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

You didn’t know why, but you decided to keep the ice cream in the freezer first, to eat later when you finally feel like it.

 

It was already 2am, you were at the living room, watching a movie. The volume was tuned down to a low setting, so as not to wake your other group members. You weren’t feeling sleepy at all, despite crying earlier that night. You were supposed to already be sleeping at the moment, but you weren’t. You even already lost interest in the movie long ago, leaving it droning on in the background, so why were you still up exactly?

 

You opened your katalk again, to see Jinyoung’s messages. They still ended up eating the pasta. He also sent some images of what they were doing. The last message he sent was weird though. He suddenly sent you “Goodluck", for a reason you don’t even know of. But those messages were two hours ago. They boys were all probably burned out from playing that night and are asleep already.

 

Which is why, you didn’t expect to hear someone knocking on the door at that time. You paused the movie, your head turning towards the direction of the front door. You stayed still, trying to confirm if the knock wasn’t just a figment of your imagination. There was a long moment of silence, which made you think that maybe it really was only your imagination.

 

Just as you were about to play the movie again, there was a louder knock.

 

You felt your heart stop in your chest.

 

Who would knock in the middle of the night?

 

A burglar?

 

You thought for a moment, before making a move. You grabbed the pepper spray from the kitchen island, before taking careful steps towards the door.

 

You breathed in. If you don’t immediately recognize the person, you would attack them with pepper spray immediately. Another knock startled you from where you stood, making you glance around the house to see if any one else woke up. To your dismay, there wasn’t, which means that you’d have to face the person alone.

 

You grabbed the door handle gently, before opening it quickly.

 

As you didn’t immediately recognize the person standing outside your dorm, who was wearing an all black get up, with a matching black cap and mask, you started attacking him with pepper spray.

 

“Take that!” you shouted at the guy, who held his arms up in over his face after his eyes got sprayed.

 

Ow! Y/N! Stop! It’s just me! It’s Woojin! It’s Woojin!”

 

You immediately froze from your action, as you gasped in recognition.

 

“Oh my--" you were about to exclaim before you remembered that it was 2 in the morning and you shouldn’t be screaming at this time.

 

You closed the door behind you, kneeling front of Woojin who was sitting on the floor, his hands over his eyes.

 

“I’m so sorry!” you apologized in a hushed whisper.

 

“Wait, I shouldn’t be the one apologizing about this. What are you even doing here, knocking at our dorm at 2 in the morning?” you scolded him, slapping his arm.

 

“Ow! My eyes are still stinging" he complained.

 

“Ah right!” you exclaimed at the reminder, standing up.

 

“I’ll be right back" you told him, dashing off inside the dorm to get a clean towel and wetting it with a little water.

 

When you came back, you saw him wiping his eyes with his sleeves, in an attempt to remove the spray. His cap and mask sat beside him on the floor, together with the bottle of pepper spray.

 

“I’ll do it" you told him, removing his hands from wiping his eyes.

 

You gently dabbed the cloth over the area around his eyes.

 

“Blink it away" you told him, as you continued wiping his eyes.

 

“I’m fine now" he said, though unconvincingly, seeing that tears were still around his eyes.

 

“You’re still tearing up I don’t think--"

 

“I’m sorry" he suddenly blurted out.

 

You stopped wiping his eyes, as you dropped your hands on your lap.

 

“I’m sorry for being a jerk. I’m sorry for making you leave. I’m sorry for not going after you" he started sniffling.

 

“I think you drank a little in the party. How can you even go after me when your foot hurts?” you retorted.

 

“I don’t know if I’m drunk but I know I’m  telling the truth. And the truth is, my foot isn’t an excuse. Neither is being problematic to be a jerk" he said, looking down on the floor.

 

“Yeah, you were a jerk. But I also know you didn’t mean it. Why can’t you just tell me what’s going on? I want to help you, you know" you said, grabbing a hold of his hands.

 

He looked up at you tearily. “Why are you not mad at me? You should be mad at me”

 

“I know that too. And I don’t understand why I’m not. I was really hurt with what you said. Even before that, I was upset that you were being distant from me. You made me feel like you didn’t want me around anymore" you told him.

 

“I’m so sorry. I never do anything right” he said, sobbing.

 

“It’s been difficult lately. With the company and my family. I don’t know about my career anymore, Y/N. Sometimes I feel like I don’t deserve to be here anymore. I feel like I’m just forcing it. So many people are expecting from me, yet, I don’t know if I’m meeting their expectations" he hiccuped.

 

At that, you pulled him in and held him as he sobbed.

 

“I keep messing up everything at the company and even talked back to my mom not too long ago. I don’t know if I can handle this anymore Y/N. This is my dream yet, why do I feel like I don't I want it anymore? Why do I keep being a burden to everyone around me? Why-” he choked on his last question as he sobbed harder.

 

You felt tears well up in your own eyes, hushing Woojin’s cries.

 

“Shh… don’t say that”

 

He wrapped his arms around your waist as he cried.

 

“I’m sorry for letting all my frustrations out on you. I didn’t mean anything I said. I love you please don’t leave me" he begged, hiccuping harder.

 

“Woojin, now listen up" you pulled away, putting his face between your palms.

 

“You are not a burden. You’re just overthinking this. You’re amazing, okay? You deserve to be here, to have what you do right now. Most of all, I will never leave you. We all won’t. You don’t have to pressure yourself, because no one’s pressuring you.” you told him. He tried to turn away but you brought his face towards you again.

 

“No, look at me. It’s okay to make mistakes. We all do. That’s how we become better, don’t we? That’s what makes us grow"

 

“I can’t afford to make mistakes. I don’t have time for that. I can’t make people wait" he said.

 

“And you can’t think like that either. There’s nobody that doesn’t make a mistake. Mistakes are challenges that makes things worth doing. I believe in you. I know you can do it. The only thing left is for you to believe it"

 

He stayed quiet at what you said.

 

“We all believe in you. Do you hear me?” you asked him, directly gazing at his eyes.

 

He contemplated for a moment, before starting to nod slowly.

 

A proud smile grew on your face, as you hugged him again.

 

“Thank you. For believing in me and continuing to love me despite of the pain I caused you"

 

“That’s done with. I want to enjoy this moment" you said back.

 

“I missed you" he said, as he tried to even out his breaths.

 

“I missed you too"

 

You sat with him by the corridor the whole time, as you leaned side by side against the wall. Since you weren’t allowed to let him enter the dorm without permission, you just took the ice cream from the freezer and ate it with him to lighten up his mood. You made up for the lost time that you were away from each other, sharing stories and plans.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” you asked Woojin, after he grew silent and started staring intently at you instead.

 

“What did I do to deserve you?” he asked with a loving smile.

 

You grabbed his face and planted a small peck on his lips.

 

“You loved me”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

The next morning you woke up to hear murmurs around you, and a sore neck.

 

You opened your eyes and saw your members in front of you, their phones directed at you.

 

As you were about to move, your manager,Arin, stopped you from doing so, putting a finger to her lips.

 

“Don’t move. You might wake him up” she whispered.

 

That was when you noticed a weight on top of your head, and arms holding you close.

 

“Come on girls, leave them be" she said, shooing away the others and making them go inside the dorm again.

 

They complied with satisfied giggles, as they left with light steps.

 

Your manager gave you one last look, shaking her head with a smile, before closing the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How was it :))) comment below what you think and thank you for reading <3