End.

I Like You

There was only a few weeks left before LOONA's debut as a full group and everyone had moved into the dorm but Heejin's plan to confess her love to her favorite unnie before the day they've all been waiting for doesn't seem to be happening very soon.
 

Heejin laid on the living room couch staring lifelessly at her crush who was sitting at the dining table busy chatting with Jungeun and Yerim. "Jinsoul unnie is so frustruating."
 

"Then go straight up to her face and tell her you love her. It's as simple as that." An uncaring Hyunjin said.
 

Heejin then kicked the girl that sat next to her to the floor. "It's not that easy!"
 

"I know you have anger issues but you don't need to kick me every time!" Hyunjin yelled out and sent Heejin her own foot. 
 

Right at that moment, a voice interrupted their little brawl. The two stopped fighting as they noticed Jinsoul approaching them and Hyunjin stuck her tongue out at her same-aged friend. 
 

"Kids, stop it before someone gets hurt."
 

"She started it!"
 

 "I don't care who started it. You're older so you should've controlled yourself."
 

"But I'm only a month older." Heejin cried out in attempt to defend herself.
 

"Same thing, unnie." Hyunjin emphasized on the last word and earned a glare from Heejin.
 

Jinsoul sighed at the inseparable always bickering duo. "Can I borrow Heejin for a second?"
 

Hyunjin glanced at Heejin before answering. "You don't need to ask my permission. I'll leave so have your talk here." Hyunjin gave her a kind smile which in Heejin's opinion, seemed to be laced with a bit of mischievousness.
 

Jinsoul lightly chuckled with a tint of pink appearing on her cheeks. "You're right. Thanks."
 

"Now...Get lost, Hyunjin-ah." Heejin decided to copy what her friend did earlier and victoriously smirked when Hyunjin rolled her eyes.
 

"Do something or I'll decide to do something instead." Hyunjin whispered into her ear before fleeing to her room.
 

Heejin sighed at the thought of her best friend messing everything up (as always) before turning her gaze to the person that sat on the couch but left a safe distance between them. Instinctively, Heejin simply scooted a bit closer to rest her head on the older's shoulder.
 

Heejin inhaled Jinsoul's intoxicating warm scent and felt as if she was on cloud nine. The woman smelled like flowers, a rose to be exact. A perfect flower to describe a beautiful enticing person like her.
 

They fell into a comfortable silence, enjoying the other's presence. Heejin observed her crush and concluded that Jinsoul's mind had surely wandered off. "What do you need to tell me unnie?" Heejin startled Jinsoul as she asked and thought that it was strange. Didn't she want to talk to me..?
 

"Ah! I noticed you were feeling a bit more down these days, you okay?" Snapping out of it, Jinsoul answered.
 

"I'm a bit tired but except for that, I'm completely fine."
 

"Good to hear."
 

"Is that all you wanted to tell me?"
 

Jinsoul nodded and they fell into a pleasant silence once again. Starting to feel awkward, Heejin spoke up wanting to escape the situation. "I should get going, Yeojin wanted to go somewhere with me."
 

"No! Um..." Jinsoul shouted and surprise Heejin. She looked anywhere else but her. "Could you stay here? I mean, you said you were tired. Why go out?"
 

"I guess you have a point." Heejin quietly muttured with rosy cheeks as she feels baffled at Jinsoul's behaviour before they both eventually ended up falling asleep. 

~

Around an hour later, surrounded by warmth, Heejin woke up at the sound of a camera shutter and felt 10 pair of eyes staring at her. She remembered what had happened earlier and started blushing once again after realizing the position she and Jinsoul were in; They were hugging and she was the little spoon in their embrace.
 

Jinsoul soon woke up because of Heejin's constant stirring. She immediately pulled away and started blushing herself as well.  "What are you girls doing?" She directed her attention to the members who were spectating them.
 

"Did you two have a nice nap? Especially since you were hugging and all. Got cold midway?" Jungeun smirked before recieving a hit on the shoulder from Haseul.
 

"We wanted to watch a movie on the TV but seeing that you two were sleeping and we didn't want to wake you up, we decided to watch you instead." Haseul said and Jungeun looked at her disbelievingly.
 

"How come you can tease them and not me?!"
 

"Because I'm Jo Haseul."
 

Jungeun sulked and pulled Haseul and Vivi with her to the door. "Whatever...Soul, fess up already. Let's give them some time alone." She not so secretly winked at the others to send them the hint. 
 

"Wait what? I didn't agree to this-" Haseul shouted before being forcefully kicked out of the dorm. On the other hand, Vivi who was spacing out, simply held onto Kim Lip as she was practically dragged to the door.
 

Fortunately, Hyunjin suprisingly understood what it meant and decided to take the lead while the others stood there confused. "Let's go join Lippie and Haseul unnie."
 

"I don't want to go outside." Yves bluntly replied as she played with Chaewon's hair while Chuu desperately tried to get her attention.
 

"Yeah, besides why should we listen to you?!" The maknaes (obviously except for Olivia, since she's the most sane one out of them) retaliated.
 

Hyunjin sighed and took out her phone. Moments later, the room resonated with Kim Lip's  voice. "Get your butts out here if you want free food. If y'all don't come, I swear I'm going to kill you-" She said before Hyunjin abruptly ended the call.
 

"Oh! I got it!" Yeojin loudly shouted causing a few jumps from certain girls. "Come on Yerim, Hyejoo!" She winked at Heejin and Jinsoul before dashing out with Yerim tailing behind her while complaining to stop running because she was too lazy. Hyejoo, on the other hand, calmly walked out.
 

"Unless you want Lippie to buy a mountain of apples again, I think it'll be a good idea to listen." Hyunjin stated to Yves.
 

"Fine, I guess you win this time. Good luck Jinsoul." Yves last said then left the room with Chaewon and Chuu in tow.
 

Hyunjin took one final look at the hopefully soon to be couple and genuinely sent a smile to Heejin before joining the others.
 

"Look apple woman, I was struggling in there! You could've helped me!" Heejin and Jinsoul giggled as they heard Hyunjin from outside complaining once the front door was locked. 
 

Judging from how the members acted earlier, Heejin became all giddy because she now has a feeling that it's mutual. Her wish was finally coming true and she couldn't be any happier.
 

"Hey, unnie. I have something to tell you." She stared deeply into Jinsoul's shiny brown orbs.
 

Jinsoul smiled and gestured her to go on.
 

Here goes nothing. Heejin lets out a long sigh before confessing the thing she's been wanting to say for a very long time. 

 

 

"...I like you, a lot," 

 

 

Heejin awaited Jinsoul's answer but to her surprise, the person in front of her simply kept her smile but with a bit of sadness in her eyes.
 

Jinsoul wasn't answering and Heejin was becoming more and more anxious at each passing second. Does she not like me back..?
 

"but, I don't like you the way I like Hyunjin." Heejin briskly added.
 

Jinsoul's smile disapeared at the end of her sentence and she began tearing up a bit.
 

"You're my favorite maknae actually." Jinsoul said in hope of salvaging the damage that will soon be done to her heart.
 

"Wait, why are you crying?" Heejin asked as she wiped the drop of tear that fell from Jinsoul's eye and can't help but widely grin when something clicked inside of her head.
 

Heejin shook her head. "I like you as in, will you date me?"
 

And slowly, Jinsoul's lips started curving up again. Although she's still crying, this time it isn't tears of sadness but tears of joy.
 

"Of course. Because I like you a lot too, Heejin-ah." 

 

~

 

Meanwhile, Hyunjin and Haseul were sitting on a bench gazing at the Han River while the others were still buying some things at a nearby convenience store.
 

"I think we'll be getting some good news when we get back home." Hyunjin started once she made sure that absolutely nobody was in sight.
 

"Don't you like her?"
 

"It's better this way. I should've never fell for Heejin in the first place."
 

"Come here..." Haseul cooed Hyunjin over to her to give her a comforting hug.

 

"You, are you hearing my words?
I’m still not brave yet
So I’m silently leaving again." 

 

Hyunjin sang in her head before succombing into her dreams, not wanting to face the approaching storm of pain and sorrow.

 



Enjoyed the plot twist? Sorry if I delayed it for too long. School got in the way. Also, I have the tendency to turn fluff into angst.
 

Welcome to the fam Olivia Hye! I added her in at the last minute. She seemed the kind of obedient type, so yeah.