fin.

In The Train...

 

 

 

Luckily, I have only one class for today. It's weekend tomorrow, so it's time for me to go home. To have my body on my sweet bed I've been missing the most (though I go back home every week). I packed my things earlier than I thought I would. I brought all the things I want to take home along with me for my class today.

"Are you going home right away?" One of my friend asked as she was curious looking at my heavy bag.

I simply nodded my head and walked towards the bus stop near the faculty. It wasn't take a long time before I reached the train station. The station looks empty, just like my heart right now. I scanned my card at the entrance and heading towards the lane which will lead me to home. 

Five more minutes till the train will arrive. The board there told me so. I looked to my left and right, there's barely any people here. I smiled. It's good for me to have a good seat if it's like that. I thought. I walked and walked till I reach the last door. "I am just going to wait here," I muttered, alone and the guard there watched me with a pair of suspicious eyes.

After few minutes of waiting, the train finally arrived. I quickly put my feet into the train and took a sit at the most front seat as there's no driver handling the train. I could see the whole town from here. 

"The door is closing," The automatic announcement told the passengers.

As I settled myself down, I took out my lovely earphone and connect it with my phone. I opened my music gallery and scrolled over some songs. What song should be good for me to hear right now? I told myself. Then, I stopped at one of UP10TION's songs titled 'I Wish A Miracle' as if they know that's what I really wanted now. I clicked on the song and smiled upon the first lyrics,

I wish that the sunshines,
On my way to see you in this sad path,

I lifted my head up and looked outside towards the blue sky with fluffy white clouds splattered on it. My mind suddenly wandered around to a guy that I miss so much; at least for now.

***

It's awkward in the class. To be here, with someone you barely know, it's hella awkward and it's killing me, also other people in here. I turned my attention to my friend beside me, "Should we talk to others?" I asked but she just shrugged. My friend is not really at the friendly side, so she didn't talk much. 

Well, to be honest, me too. But if I want to survive here, I should at least talk to someone right? Only then, I looked around the class. Damn, there's too many boys behind me. I sit at the third row and there's another two row behind me, and it's full with boys.

"Hey, can you take my pen under your chair?" A tapped on my shoulders startled me. I almost cursed but managed to hold it.

I turned my head around and smiled before I took the pen and passed it back to him, "Here," I said.

He took the pen and replied my smile with a really sweet smile, "Thank you," He had his eyes on me while saying that, "So what's your name?"

The question startled me but I answered it well. I introduced myself to him and so does him. That moment we wanted to talk more, the teacher came inside the class and started the first class for our tuition that year.

***

It has been 5 years since I know him. It has been 5 years since we become friends. Isn't that a long time though? To be honest, yes. It is a long time. In the span of 5 years, I lost contact with some of my friends and he's one of it. But of course it's just for a silly reason. He went to another tuition centre. That's it.

But I could say that we never miss each other. I guess? We talked oftenly on social network especially Twitter but then he got himself a girlfriend and I need to keep the barrier. Then, our distance slowly getting bigger and bigger till that moment we haven't talked anymore. Not anymore.

But I have always wondered, when did I start liking him? For real. I have no idea on how I could like him. My friends said I've been liking him since the first time we met, 5 years ago. Or was it our second encounter? No matter how many times I thought about it, I still couldn't discover my own feelings.

"You've always acted different infront of him,"

That's what my friend said when I asked him when did you think I started liking him. I asked this question when I liked him back, I fall for him back 3 years later but then, he told me I've always been different infront of the boy ever since I know him.

Probably, I've always liked him.

***

It's my first day for the pre-university programme. I entered the programme with no one I know around me. Most of my friends got other places and I was the only one being thrown over here. I've been sticking with my roommates but then we're not even in the same class. When I need to go to our respective class, I will end up alone as well.

I was looking around to find for someone I know but there's no one. There's no one at all. I sighed.

"Hey, hurry up!" I could hear someone calling out for my name. I raised my head and could see a girl was waving her hands to me. 

I need to squint my eyes to see who she is. Oh, she's the girl who was in bad mood just now. Right, I'm in the same class as her. At the very least I have friend now right?

I walked beside her with my eyes looking infront. Suddenly, I could feel that I saw someone familiar. Finally, I saw someone familiar here but, "Isn't that Wooshin?" I muttered.

"Pardon?"

I quickly shook my head, "No, I think I saw my old friend," I told her.

"Your friend? Where?"

"There," I pointed out to a tall guy walking not far from me.

"Oh, that's mean he's in the same lecture hall with us,"

I frowned, "Really?" She nodded her head.

And that's how my second story with him started again.

***

The train started moving from one station to another station. I looked at the checkpoint on the top of the automatic door. There's a lot more station to go. I said to myself. 

Kim Wooshin. I smiled upon remembering his name. How can I even like him? It looks like it's almost impossible but I think that's the truth. He is my first love. But as of now, I would say I am already move on from him. Means, I already accepted the fact that we will just stay as friend. I guess so, though. Since I haven't see him for a while after we both got into different university.

A message came in and disrupted me. I opened it and it's from my mum asking when will I reach home. I simply replied to it before I encountered on my conversation with the boy. As far as I remember, I never clear my conversation with him. 

I scrolled the conversation upwards to get to the first word I sent him but it really took a long time, "We do chat a lot," I muttered.

Suddenly, I saw something familiar. The words that make me realized we're nothing but friend. Just friend.

Is it weird if I said that I like you?

Like me? Seriously?

I couldn't say no to it.

You know that you're my friend right? I mean we're friends right?

Obviously we are.

So let's just stay as friend. Plus, I have someone that I like.

And it's not me, I know that. Lol joke.

Hey, chill.

I am just kidding okay. I like you as my friend.

Oh, ME TOO!

Haha

I like you. I lost my count on how many times I told him that word. With him, I don't know. I just love to say that word to him because I know what kind of respond he will give me at the end of the conversation. And surprisingly, I still could act cool and pretend like it's nothing to me. Though it really affects me a lot. To know that he will be nothing more than just a friend.

Then, I saw another kind of conversation,

Where are you?

On the way.

Yeah, you're still in your room right?

Damn, busted. You peep me?

Wooshin, please. I'm tired okay. I should've just sleep in my room.

NOOOOOOO. You promised me that you will teach me Chemistry :(

That's why.... JUST COME HERE NOW... Your room is like the nearest to the library and I'm the furthest.

Okay... Wait for me :-D

***

I was waiting for him at the library. It has been 30 minutes since our promised time. I looked around the library and there's almost no one there. It's Friday and most of them rested in their room since the weekdays have ended. But here I am, for him.

"Hey, I'm really sorry," He took a sit infront of me and I just rolled my eyes. It took seconds for me to realize that he smells so good. God, please toughen my heart. I couldn't look too obvious, "So what should we do today?" He asked me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Okay, so you come here with nothing in your hand?" I asked when there's only phone infront of him.

Wooshin let out a silly smile, "I thought you prepared it for me," He answered in joke manner.

"Seriously, Kim Wooshin? You're not kidding right?" Well, I know, I promised him that I will teach him but that doesn't mean I will give everything to him.

The boy chuckled, "I'm joking okay," He took out the books he kept behind him and finally I could let out a sigh of relief, "You can't be mad at me, don't you?" He said it cheekily,

I sighed, "Whatever, Wooshin," I said and opened my book as well. The studies went well except the fact that he always deny the things I said and kept questioning it as if I know nothing about what am I saying.

"How can it be like this?"

"Because the rule is like that,"

"BUT HOW?"

"HOW CAN I KNOW ABOUT THAT KIM WOOSHIN, ASK THE PERSON WHOM INVENTED THIS THING,"

"Okay,"

"Stop asking me the things I don't have answer for it,"

"Hm, sorry. But I think you have answer for this question,"

"What is it?"

"Whom do you like?"

"Pardon?"

"Well, it has been 3 months since we're here. I bet you probably have a crush here,"

"I'm not sure about that,"

"Just tell me,"

"Later, I will,"

***

That's the one thing I couldn't get. No matter how many times I told him that I like him. He just can't get it. He kept asking me on who is the person that I like. I wished I could just say it out loud that I LIKE YOU KIM WOOSHIN to him but then I only have that courage when we're online. 

I can't stop scrolling our conversation. It brought a lot of memories to me. My decision to like him, literally the best thing I have ever done. The decision to fall for him, I never regret it. Yet, I felt thankful to him. Because he still treat me as a friend though he knows when one of us ended liking the other person, it will be hard to stay as friend. It will make things awkward. But not for him. 

That would be one of the thing I liked about him.

"Oh, this picture," It reminds me of something else. There's a story behind this picture.

***

My friend and I were on our way to go back to our room when I bumped into him. He's wearing light blue shirt and I wore a turqoise dress.

"Wooshin," I blushed as he looked handsome no matter in what kind of state he's in. He just looked perfect in my eyes. In everyone's eyes to be honest, "Where are you going?"

He smiled upon seeing me, "I have appointment with lecturer," He told me and I just nodded my head, "What about you?" He asked.

"I'm on my way to my room," I answered.

My friend just stand right beside us and looked at us, "Should you guys take a picture?" She gave a recommendation to the two of us.

To be honest, I've been mentioning about this for thousand of times. To have a picture with him but it just never happen. My friend knows about it and that's how she spoke about it.

"Should we?" He said as he looked at me with a really bright smile pasted on his face.

I smiled, "Well," There's no way I could refuse it, right?

So, that day, my wish becomes true. To have a picture with him. My first picture ever with him. It's an awkward photo but I'm so happy that I could have him in my gallery. 

That's when I thought, dreams could become reality.

***

I rarely have any chance to sit with him in lecture hall since we're from different class and we need to sit with classmates only. But there's one particular day where the destined met us two.

You better be here now or I'll give your place to someone else

I AM ON MY WAY, CALM DOWN OKAY

I'm pretty sure you're still in your room, Wooshin.

How did you know??????

-_-

OKAY I'M HERE

I saw he was standing infront of door and has his eyes wandering around, probably looking for me. I waved my hand towards him and he smiled upon seeing me.

All the eyes in the hall fell on us as Wooshin could be call as one of the most popular guy here. Everyone wants to be his friend. 

"Why do you love sitting infront?" He asked me as soon as he took a sit beside me.

I passed a glare to him, "We came here to study okay. So it's better to sit infront," I claimed.

Wooshin chuckled, "Okay, whatever you say,"

It has only been an hour into the class and we have another 2 hours more but Wooshin was already whining beside me, "I'm bored, " He complained.

I looked at him as I rolled my eyes, "I can't focus on the class because of you, you know that right?"

He chuckled,"Because I'm too handsome?" He complimented himself without being asked.

"Wooshin, please," I almost give up with the boy.

His expression turned to serious one, "Okay, I won't disturb you anymore,"

"You're scaring me, Wooshin,"

Wooshin's face lighten up back, "I'm going back to my room but I'm leaving my bag here since I wouldn't want to look too obvious. So see you tonight for my bag?"

"So we're going to see each other again, tonight?" I frowned as I couldn't believe his words. Wooshin didn't really spend his time outside the room (me too though). He preferred to stay in the room since there will be a lot of eyes observing him; and one of it is me.

He chuckled, "You're happy, right?" He teased me. I blushed.

I quickly shook my head, "Just go now. I will take care of your bag," I lowered my head and looked at the blank notebook on the table instead to hide my blushing cheeks.

"Take care," He ruffled my hair, more like he wanted to mess with me since he knows I dislike it everytime someone playing with my hair.

I was so ready to give a death glare to him but when I lifted my head, he was already gone, "Till when you're going to play with my heart like this," I put my palm against my chest to calm the heart that was thumping so hard at that moment.

***

Night has come. I dragged one of my friend to be there with me, and used 'study group' as the reason why she needs to join me. Luckily, she wasn't at the side that would ask a lot to me. So I am quite safe.

It's already 10 minutes into the designated time and there's still no Wooshin could be seen around.

"Are you waiting for someone?" She asked me. I quickly shook my head but then someone closed my eyes using a pair of big hand.

I scoffed, "Kim Wooshin," I called out his name with an annoying tone.

Wooshin laughed, "She's waiting for me," The boy answered my friend's question.  Little thing he didn't know, my friend knows that I have a lil crush on him (joke it's actually a huge one).

"So, this is why," She nodded her head, "I want to go to the mart for a while," My friend excused herself, leaving Wooshin and me alone behind.

Wooshin took a sit beside me, "You're late," I complained and passed a glare to him but I could see he was smiling. Damn, he knows how to attack my weakest spot.

"You know that you're not mad at me, right?" He claimed, "Thank you, by the way," He took the bag that I put on the table beside mine.

I thought he was just going to go after taking his bag but surprisingly he stayed with me for another an hour. Forget about the study group, what's that anyway? Wooshin kept rambling random things (well I'm on the side where I should hear his words). However, I think the most main reason why we could stay there, only the two of us, because he talked a lot.  

As far as I could remember, this would be the first time I have a proper conversation with him after 5 years knowing him. We mostly contact each other on social media so we didn't really have a chance to interact in real life.

And there's another new fact I know about Wooshin today. He couldn't talk if the other person didn't look into his eyes. Though, my heart was beating so fast at that moment but I couldn't stop looking at his eyes since I want to hear his voice more and more. His voice sounds like a music that soothe my heart. It's weird but I felt comfortable with him out of sudden. I've always feel it but tonight, I would say I was extra comfortable to have him around me.

Also trust me, our conversation only end when the guard came and told us to go back to our room since it has almost the limitation time to be outside. Whatever it is, that would probably the most memorable night for me though.

***

I didn't know that looking back onto my memories with him will took such a long time. Now there's only 5 stations left before I need to get off from the train. But my finger just won't stop scrolling the gallery. And that's when I encountered one of the most memorable picture I ever took with him.

I don't really have much pictures taken with him but I think that's the most memorable one since most of the times, it would be me asking him, 'Let's take a picture together,' but...

***

It's sadly our last day of paper and that's mean we're going back home as soon as we're done with it. Biology is our last subject. I'm not really fond of Biology but I would say I rather choose Biology than Physics since it's such a no no to Physics. NEVER. 

So, after the paper ends, all of the students gathered around, saying good bye to the classmates and also their friends. We spent only one year here but I would say, it's great to be here. It's such a good oppurtunity for me to know more people since I am originally not really friendly.

While we're taking pictures, I saw him from afar. Oh yes, forget to mention, before we end our study here, I prepared a letter for my classmates and since I have extra paper, I did one for him too. I approached him before I passed the letter itself to him. He looked at me with a frown on his face, "What's this?"

"Just keep it," I told him.

I was about to leave and went back to my friends when suddenly he grabbed my wrist, "Let's," The only words he said at that moment.

"Let's what?"

Wooshin chuckled, "Take a picture, you fool," 

"Oh," And then, I realized that it's finally for the first time ever, he asked me first about taking a picture with him. It took me a moment to reply his request as there's a lot of other students approaching him and asked whether he could take a picture with them or not. But obviously, he would do all of it. Since, it's the last day anyway.

Wooshin ditched all the girls who asked for a picture with him for me. He took a picture with me first. Wow, what an honor I've got on the last day. I put some spaces between us because I swear to God it's really awkward to have everyone's eyes on you while you're taking pictures with the most popular boy in the institution.

"Come here," He put his hand around my shoulders and leaned his face closer to me. I stunned and I could feel my cheeks are burning up right now. I looked at the camera with a really awkward smile as I continued taking pictures with him, "See you again," He said and bid a good bye after we're done as he needs to take pictures with someone else.

I could feel that my cheeks are still burning at that moment. How can he acted like that on the last day? I thought it's about the time for me to move on though. I sighed.

***

"See you again,"

Those words really sound a lie to me. After we're done with the pre-university programme, I never meet him yet. Not even for once. Though we lived quite near to each other but we never see each other yet. Nor bumped into each other. I would say it took time for me to actually move on and forget about my silly feelings towards him, but yeah it's not hurt to see him once in a while right? We're still friends anyway.

Suddenly, I could hear the announcer announced the last station for this lane. It's finally my station. I stopped the song and take off the earphone before I put it back into it own case. I looked at my shoes and saw that my shoelace were untied. I bent my back to tie it before I saw a really familiar shoes,

"It looks like," I muttered as I slowly lifted my head up, "Wooshin?" The boy was having his eyes straight on me as if he already knows about my existence there since a long time ago.

Wooshin smiled, "Hey," He greeted me, "Long time no see, right?"

I thought I was already moving on but what's with these odd feelings again? Is this going to be the third story for me and him? Wow, what a long story we have ahead of our life...

How many times should we cross and miss each other again? Bet only God knows that answer.