Their Treasure

Dreamed You Into Life

Title: Dreamed You Into Life: Their Treasure
Pairing: Yongseo
Rating: PG-13
Genre: AU, mystery, supernatural
Summary: the result of their joined hands


Ten years had passed since Seo Hyeon and Yong Hwa first met.

They decided to marry when she was twenty five and he was twenty seven. They welcomed their baby boy a year later, who they named Jung Ji Hoon.

However, when Ji Hoon reached three years old, they realized their little son was different.

One day, when Yong Hwa returned from work, carrying a wrapped gift for him, Ji Hoon said with alarming accuracy, “My
blue car” he giggled, happily reaching for it.

The problem was, Yong Hwa hadn’t even opened the wrapper.

Another day, when Yong Hwa was going for work, Ji Hoon trotted to follow him to the door.

“Appa”

“Ne, Ji Hoonie? You want me to buy something for you? Chocolates? Gummy bears? Ice cream?”

“Bella” he said, pointing at the tall vase Seo Hyeon used to put several umbrellas near the door. Umbrella, his son had said.

They were living in an apartment. A simple building for the middle class. Yong Hwa was able to look at the sky from where
he stood, at the small balcony of their floor.

“But it’s so sunny, Ji Hoon-ah. Appa is lazy to carry it” he had said, pecking his chubby son’s cheek and hugging him,
before pushing him inside the apartment and closing the door.

He could hear his boy wailing loudly. Seo Hyeon would be able to take care of him, he thought, feeling guilty.

To his utter surprise, it was raining hard when Yong Hwa emerged from the MRT Station, despite it being different with
what the anchorman said in the news that morning. The day was supposed to be sunny all day. His son was right.

The next day, while preparing for lunch, Seo Hyun accidentally cut her hand with a knife. She yelped and cried a bit,
rummaging the kitchen cabinet for the first aid box.

Ji Hoon had come to her.

Seo Hyeon wiped her tears, “I’m sorry. Did Omma scare you? I hurt myself a little”

Her blood dripped down to the floor, and her boy stared at her in pale concern.

“Omma? Hurt?”

“Y—yes. But don’t worry, Love. Omma will be alright. It’s just a small cut—“

It wasn’t exactly a small cut. The wound looked like 5 cm long, and oozing blood constantly. With a dejected feeling, Seo
Hyeon realized that she might need to go to the hospital and got it stitched.

Oh dear, how am I going to manage carrying Ji Hoon to the hospital with me with a painful hand like this?

“Hand. I see” Ji Hoon asked, reaching for his mother’s hand.

“You’re not afraid seeing blood, Hoonie?”

He shook his head, before seeing closely at his mother’s wound.

“Omma not hurt” Ji Hoon had said, patting his little fingers on her wound. Seo Hyeon was going to tell him not to touch it.
She was afraid she would scream and her son would be terrified.

But no, she didn’t scream.

Because under her very own eyes, her wound closed and healed, as her son pressed on it.

Once her finger healed completely, as if it was never been cut with a knife before, Ji Hoon let it go.

She still collapsed on the floor nevertheless.

“Omma? Where hurt? More hurt?” he asked, his eyes searching his mother’s body for more wounds.

“Aniya. Omma is alright. Thank – thank you, Hoonie”

“Omma gwaenchana?”

“Yes. Yes I am, my boy”

Confused and worried, Seo Hyeon reached for the little figure and hugged him.

*************************************************

After Seo Hyeon told her husband that their three year old son healed her bleeding wound with a touch of his hand, they
decided that there was indeed something different with him.

“Should we bring him to a doctor?” Yong Hwa wondered.

“It’s not something a doctor could understand”

“A shrink, then? A shaman? Is there even any such thing?”

“I don’t know. I’ve never heard of any”

With worry in his eyes, Yong Hwa caressed his son’s hair, who was peacefully sleeping in his car-shaped bed.

“It’s better if no one knows about this” Yong Hwa said. “At least not until we’re sure what’s happening to him”

“Do you think – do you think this is related to what happened to us? The dreams? The jades?”

“I’m sure it is. Though I’m not sure what it means, or how long it will last for Ji Hoon. We’ll just continue to take care of
him”

His tone was full of helpless concern.

Afraid for their son, Seo Hyeon held her husband’s hand.

************************************************

On the Christmas Holiday, the couple took their little son to Gyeongbok Palace. Seo Hyeon loved history, and visiting
museums and the palace were one of her hobbies.

It seemed like it was going to rain soon, as they were walking in the park in front of the palace. Ji Hoon was happily
patting the golden ball in front of the Great King’s statue happily, when two men approached him.

The little boy beamed at the men, “Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Hello, Little Boy. We finally meet.” one of the men said.

Alarmed that their boy was talking to strangers, his parents hurried to him.

“Ji Hoon-ah” Yong Hwa called, hurrying to carry him, keeping him close to him, as if he was afraid the two men would
harm his son.

“Don’t disturb these ahjussis”

“Nooo” Ji Hoon writhed in Yong Hwa’s arms. “Cookies. This jusshi house!”

The two men smiled at the boy.

“I’m sorry if my boy has disturbed you”

“Not at all. He’s our little friend” one of them answered, a person with medium height and fair complexion, who seemed to
be in his mid thirties.

“Excuse me? Have you met my son before?”

“No” the man denied, “But I know we would definitely meet one day”

Something in that made the father paled, and he hurried to turn around, carrying his son.

“Don’t you want to know what’s happening to your son, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi?”

Yong Hwa’s feet froze.

“He can help” the taller man, beside the first man, said out loud. “After all, he’s a shaman. And you’re in need of one. For
your son”

“I don’t—“

“We mean no harm” the first man said, assuring him. “Your son is special. You just need more information about him. I
offer some refreshments in my house. It’s within walking distance from here”

Yong Hwa wanted to deny the offer. They were both strangers after all, and seemed to know that his son was different. He
had every intention to run from them. Until his little boy said,

“Jusshideul nice. The cookies are also nice”

Shocked, Seo Hyeon asked, “Hoonie, do you know them?”

“Ne. Saw jusshies”

“In your eyes?”

Hoonie nodded. His mother asked whether he had seen them in the future he envisioned before.

“Are they good people?” Seo Hyeon whispered.

“Ne!!!” Ji Hoon answered with conviction, even turning and smiling to the two men.

“Let’s go to their house”

“Yeobo” Yong Hwa warned, “We don’t know them. They might—“

“Don’t you want to know more about Ji Hoon? He said he’s a shaman. We need to talk to him”

“Shall we go?” the shaman invited.

Finally, the couple followed the two men.

“Before we go, I am Shim Chang Min. And this is Shaman Jung”

The couple informed their names, before they walked together to the shaman’s house.

****************************************************

During the fifteen minutes walk, they said nothing to each other.

The shaman’s house was situated in a very prestigious road, standing two stories high and very spacious.

A butler welcomed them at the gates, strangely knowing all their names already.

Afterwards, they were brought to the study, where they were served tea and cookies, with chocolate milk for Ji Hoon.

Ji Hoon happily munched at the cookies and gulped at the milk, while the grown-ups were silent.

“I need to read your veins”

“I’m sorry, what—“

“Give me your hand” the shaman asked.

Yong Hwa obeyed.

The shaman put two fingers on the vein on Yong Hwa’s wrist, and closed his eyes.

Once done, he continued to feel for Seo Hyeon’s wrist, then the boy.

“It’s actually very simple. I know what’s happening to your son and to you both. Your meeting was unusual, was it not?”

“Y – yes, but how—“

“When I touched your wrist, I was reading your past”

They were too shocked to speak.

“However, I have a price before I tell you. If you’re unwilling to pay it, I can’t tell you about anything”

“How much would it be?” Yong Hwa asked, mentally remembering his balance at the bank. It was nothing close to a lot,
but he didn’t think he wouldn’t be able to pay a price. Anything for his son, he would provide it.

“Your son needs to visit this house when I need his assistance”

“What? He’s three years old!” they protested.

“Accompanied by either or both of you, of course”

“But—“

“If you agree, I’ll tell you what you need to know”

“I don’t—“ Yong Hwa began, but his wife cut in, “Would he be harmed in any way?”

“Of course not. We would protect him. I myself is very capable to protect your son from any harm. And so does Shim
Chang Min here” he pointed at the man sitting idly near the window.

“We’ll do it” Seo Hyeon said.

“Jagiya, don’t –“

“It’s going to be alright. Uri Ji Hoon trusts these people. They must be good”

Yong Hwa couldn’t argue anymore, so the Shaman smiled.

“Let’s shake hands for that”

Yong Hwa gave his hand, but instead, the shaman shook hands with his son.

Ji Hoon grinned at the shaman, his small hand inside the man.

As they shook hands, a gush of wind blew inside the room, as red light emanated from the shaman, circling around his
feet and the little boy’s chair.

“Whoa! What’s happening?” Yong Hwa exclaimed, panicking and trying to pull his son from the seat.

“Oh, it’s nothing to be worried for, really. Just making a promise”

“You’re not making my son enter something he couldn’t understand, right?” Seo Hyeon asked, her tone accusing.

“This is for your son’s own good” the shaman answered, his expression turning cold.

Then it turned calm again, before he said, “So, what’s happening to your son? It’s simple really. Hundreds of years ago, A
Seer – a person who can see the future, fell in love with a Healer from another country. The problem was, they were from
opposing countries who waged wars against each other for years. And the healer was the wife of a minister. But they were too in love with each other, and continued to have an affair.

Of course, they were not meant to live happily ever after. The husband of the healer found them and killed them both.
Before they died, The Seer put a spell on a jade necklace, of which he cut into two. The jade necklace would make their
descendants meet, and fulfil their love.

You, Seo Hyeon-ssi and Yong Hwa-ssi, are the descendants of this Seer and Healer. The proof is the jade necklaces you
wear. Those are actually from one piece of jade. You fulfil the painful love of your ancestors. When you two get married
and have a son, it becomes a son who can see the future and heal wounds.”

The couple stared at him, open mouthed.

The shaman took a penknife, then slashed his wrist.

“Oh my God, you’re—“

“It’s alright, your son can heal me. Come on, Ji Hoon, heal ahjussi”

Ji Hoon simply let out his hand and put it on top of the bleeding wound.

The wound closed slowly, making the shaman’s skin looked as if he was never hurt at all.

“Give me your jade necklaces”

The couple took out their necklaces and gave it to him.

The shaman joined the pieces, and with one tap, made it whole again, a blast of red light enveloping the room for a few
seconds as he was uniting it.

“He needs to wear this all the time, to protect him from evil beings and bad people. Never tell anyone else his abilities,
because people would want to use him. When he first predicts a person’s death, he would fall into an illness. He would fall into fever for three consecutive days, unable to sleep or eat anything. I’ll give you a herbal prescription for that. After that,
he would have nightmares of future deaths from people. You need to let him go with it for one whole month, because his
body needs to get used to it. Once a month passed, give him the tea I prescribed”

As he was speaking, the shaman wrote the prescription.

Once done, he gave it to Seo Hyeon.

“You can go to Lee Jung Shin. He’s the herb seller I use. He can be trusted. I gave you his number”

“And after that month, your son would be alright again. He would grow up to be a fine man who would help others. He’s
born to prevent calamities that the Gods don’t want to happen. Calamities caused by humans”

“It is our destinies to meet. We will be friends, your son and I” the shaman smiled.

Ji Hoon chuckled at that, helping himself to another cookie.

*************************************************

Author’s Note:

This is the merging of my two fics, Dreamed You Into Life and Half Alive.

I hope you like it.

Unfortunately, it will be a very long time before I copy my Half Alive fic from my Livejournal to this AFF. So if you're a new reader who found me in AFF and wants to know more about Shaman Jung and Shim Chang Min, you can search it in my LJ.