No Shelter

No shelter

don’t like trees.. 

Trees are dusty, full of bugs & worms In the city I live in now you won't find many so I don't need to walk under them, I don’t occasionally avoid trees but if there is another way not under their shade I would take it. It was the end of the rainy season; if I checked my weather app I would see clearly the warning of heavy, I relayed on my eyes and when it was time to go home I did not care much about it. I got my raincoat I thought as I walked home.

I was soaked, dripping and shivering in less than 5 minutes out and it takes me usually up to 30 minutes, I toke a short ways home which ended up blocked and drown, I kept on walking trying to find a way but the rain was digging on me & it was impossible to see throw, standing in a street with no stores only flat buildings for people staying warm inside I found my only shelter from the roaring sky. A tree.

It was a huge one! Thick & huge blocked most of the rain, I stood shivering and thinking of a way home and thought of an apology to trees! Well.. maybe just a thank you will do. The rain made loud sounds as it hit the leaf, looking so clean & smelling amazing! The branches were still as no wind blow hard enough, the rain was pouring making the building in front me almost invisible. I stood shivering cold and slightly scared as the thunder was going on & on playing and the lighting danced to the rhythm.

The shade of the tree got darker as the dark clouds blocked the sky and the heavy rain erased the rest of light, I was not sure I could see my way home I knew I was close but it was too dark and I felt like freezing! It rained like this before but I always was home safe and warm so yeah I did not know what to do! The signal on my phone was dead so I sent a message with my location to my friend hoping the 4G keep on doing it magic in my life.

moments passed felt like hours as I stood there trembling and every exhale made a cloud of fog around my face, my breathing was loud & fast, I wished I asked him to bring me a coffee. I got a response from him with (on my way) I stepped closer to the tree to support my freezing limbs and jumped back immediately! it felt warm which was oddly pleasing! Does tree body produce heat? I'm sure not but this one did! I put both of my hands on it trunk and warmth envelop them & with not much thinking I hugged the tree feeling it warmth spread in my wet, frozen, shaking body.I would question it later I told myself but now all I care about is to get this cold out of me!

my cheek felt the rough wooden skin of the tree & I smelled it wet soil and sure felt that absolute warmth! it felt like fire burning inside the tree that produced the heat! and I swear I could smell that sweet smell of burning wood coming from inside it! Is this a Miracle ?! that kind of miracle where a good man saved by natural !?? Am I that Good person?

I kept my body as close as possible to the tree while my head screamed at how unbelievable the situation was but I could not move away from it! I was cold like never before there was no way I moved away from that tree. my fingers were digging slowly into the tree, I wanted more... I needed more heat the cold was unbearable!

The rain kept on pouring & my body kept on shivering, I felt like dying so I kept on digging the tree, the tree trunk was easy to dig, it tore off with big chunk like it was wet cardboard, my hands felt the heat grow more, I was getting closer! the heat hit my face like kisses & small sprinkles of sweat formed on my forehead. I was closer..! I felt pulled... I did be trying to step closer to the heat but this was not me... I was definitely held & pulled! and that among everything crazy happening scared me

I started to fight back trying to get away and then noticed that my fingers skin were stuck to the place I was digging & my feet were sinking deep in the soil, in my face, I felt the heat rising

I was been infused to the tree..!

I screamed as I pulled out my fingers, they were bleeding as skin & flesh was tore off, I bent to pull my feet tears were pouring down my face, skin peeled and my toes were only bones. The heat was increasing insanely & I could hear the fire hissing and the wood cracking. I barely ran out of the tree shade when a car sent me flying & before I hit the concrete I passed out.

I woke up later in the hospital, with some broken bones, both my hands and feet were wrapped. I can accept it was the accident got my hands & feet skinned off. I can accept that my friend who came to pick me hit me when I came running out of nowhere like the idiot I am. I can say it was the coma nightmare even tho I did not go into a coma, nightmare after bumping my head. I was standing under a tree saw a car light thought to run to it to prank him or to go home fast, he did not see me and BAAM!

That could be it. but it does not explain why I want to bury myself in the ground, and feeling warm, so warm that I swear I can smell burning woods out my breath.

 

**************************************************************************************************

have #SweetGyuDreams