Chapter 1

Bad Report

Jaebum subconsciously wiggled his toes as he flipped through the newspaper on the couch. Somebody on the news route must have mixed up the address because there was no way one of the seven twenty-somethings in the dorm were paying for anything as ancient and boring as a newspaper. Jaebum had found the comics though, and he had to admit that it was mildly entertaining.

He glanced up when he heard the front door open and saw Got7’s maknae shuffle in out of the cold.

“Hey Gyeom.” he greeted, flicking his eyes back down to the paper. Sounds could be heard from the entranceway of Yugyeom shedding his coat and trading his sneakers for house slippers. Jaebum became immersed in a particularly stupid comic strip and was just getting to the punchline when the entire paper was suddenly snatched from his grasp.

“Yah!” he shouted aggressively, looking up to see who had apprehended him. A red-faced Yugyeom was standing above him quickly rolling up the paper and shoving it into his hoodie pocket.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Jaebum demanded incredulously, not believing that his maknae would have the gall to snatch his reading material right out of his hands...and just when it was getting good.

“Why were you reading this? This is mine, I bought it, you had no right!” Yugyeom shouted back, suddenly agitated and flustered.

Jaebum sat back, a little surprised. “Why are you so upset? I didn’t know it was yours. Besides, it’s just a newspaper.”

“But it’s MY newspaper and I didn’t tell you you could read it!” Yugyeom retorted hastily, tripping over his words.

“Yah, I am your hyung don’t speak to me like that.” Jaebum said sternly, pointing a finger at Yugyeom.

Yugyeom kept his mouth shut but clenched his jaw as well as his fists.

Jaebum gave him a once over and shook his head. He had never seen Yugyeom so unreasonably angry. “I think you should go to your room and calm down. I’m sorry I read your paper, but I had no ill intentions and you are very much overreacting.”

Yugyeom scoffed and his heel. Jaebum thought he heard “You’re not my dad” muttered under the boy’s breath but decided to let him go. Yugyeom stomped down the hallway and slammed his door.