Lost

Lost

"You never know when you lose someone, until you actually lose them."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yoongi walked through the school hallway, Hoseok loyally behind him. The younger boy sensed the older male wasn't in the best mood today.

He was fine yesterday, but today he was upset.

"Cheer up hyung! Today will be a great day, I'm sure of it!” Hoseok exclaimed. The only response he got from Yoongi was a sad sigh.

"Hyung.”

Hoseok and Yoongi looked up, seeing Taehyung leaning by a wall, looking at Yoongi anxiously.

"Are you okay?” Taehyung asked.

Yoongi shrugged.

"He's been feeling down lately, Tae." Hoseok explained, as he patted Yoongi's shoulder.

"I think I know what can cheer you up, hyung!” Taehyung smiled. "Dance party!"

Taehyung started dancing and Hoseok laughed, turning to Yoongi in the hopes of seeing the boy crack a smile.

Instead, he saw that he was still upset.

"Not in the mood for dancing Taehyung...I don't feel like doing anything he loves..." Yoongi sighed.

He then trudged away, leaving Hoseok and Taehyung behind.

"Yoongi hyung is more depressed than ever." Taehyung sighed, sadly.

Hoseok nodded.

"I'm sure he'll feel better soon." Hoseok reassured.

"Giving him space will help him focus." Taehyung murmured. He then ran off to class.

Hoseok went to his own, which he shared with Yoongi along with their other friend, Namjoon.

Hoseok walked into class, seeing Yoongi was staring out the window, his expression still grim.

He slid into the seat next to him and leaned over.

"Don't worry hyung, you'll get through this." Hoseok smiled.

Yoongi continued looking out the window.

"How you're holding up hyung?"

Namjoon appeared from behind them. Yoongi sighed, his gaze never leaving the window.

"Still sad." Hoseok pouted.

Namjoon sighed, he then placed a hand on Yoongi's shoulder sympathetically."I know this is tough, but do this for him. You need to survive.”

"I don't think living in a world without him is worth it." Yoongi mumbled, he then turned to Namjoon. "Like they say, you only get one chance in life, otherwise there's no going back."

Yoongi then got up and walked out of the classroom. His head facing downward to hide his eyes. Hoseok didn't stop him instead he looked towards Namjoon, hoping he had a solution to this but the boy just stood watching Yoongi leave.

"Alright students, take your seats." Ms. Park, the teacher called. Hoseok and Namjoon took their seats. "I'll start taking roll call now."

She scanned the whole classroom, seeing a few missing students.

"I won't count Yoongi absent, since he told me he didn't feel very good in the hallway and I can understand very well why."

She then turned to Hoseok.

Was she telling him to do something?

"Don't worry Ms. Park, I'll go talk with Yoongi." Hoseok said and when the teacher turned to write on the whiteboard, he left.

Namjoon looked up from his textbook at the sound of the classroom door closing silently, he looked around seeing no one else noticed it. He then looked at Hoseok’s empty seat. "Hoseok?"

Hoseok walked through the empty hallway, looking around for Yoongi.

"Where did he go?" He asked himself.

He turned the corner and spotted a boy sitting on the floor against some lockers, looking down on his phone. Hoseok thought maybe the boy could help him find Yoongi, he walked towards him.

Hoseok squatted in front of the boy.

"Hey."

The boy jumped at Hoseok's voice, his eyes widened as he saw Hoseok, but his expression softened when he realized it was just a boy.

"You scared me." The boy said as he sat up straight.

"I'm sorry about that, but have you seen a boy with black hair pale-ish skin?” Hoseok asked.

The boy looked at him in confusion.

“Never mind then, I'll look for him myself.”

"Wait!”

Hoseok turned to the boy.

“What's your name?" The boy asked.

"Hoseok, Jung Hoseok." Hoseok replied.

"I'm Jungkook, I'll find you if I find the guy you're looking for."Jungkook said.

Hoseok nodded. "Thanks."

He then ran further through the school, in search of Yoongi.

Jungkook watched him go with the raise of his eyebrows."Wait...why is he back here? I thought he was in an incident last night..."

Hoseok ran out of the school, when he failed to see him anywhere inside. He screamed out for Yoongi, desperation clawing at his heart.

When he was in a bad mood who knew what kind of situation he could get into. He then spotted Yoongi walking across the street, his head down and headphones on. Hoseok then saw a car was speeding right towards the crosswalk.

"Yoongi!" Hoseok shouted, he ran over to Yoongi as fast as he could.

Yoongi walked almost drunk like as he crossed the street, not giving a care in the world anymore. He froze when he heard the faint screeching through the loud music.

He turned his head, seeing a black car coming his way in full speed, he stood there and closed his eyes, letting it all go.

He then felt something push him at full force, and then everything turned white for him.

"Yah, Yoongi.”

Yoongi opened his eyes lazily, seeing Hoseok was looking at him, he was walking with Hoseok to his house.

"Are you falling asleep on me? I don't want to carry you again." Hoseok chuckled.

Yoongi smiled then yawned."Sorry Hobi, I've been getting sleepy recently."

"You should start sleeping early." Hoseok stated.

"Can't, have the night shift tonight again." Yoongi replied.

Hoseok pouted. "You love your work more than your health?"

"I love not giving a and trying my hardest to manage my life okay?" Yoongi spat.

"No need to give me attitude." Hoseok muttered and Yoongi scoffed.

"Like you know." Yoongi retorted.

Hoseok then stopped walking."If you wanna say its over between us then say it already!"

"If I left you, you’ll just come crawling back to me." Yoongi spat, Hoseok clutched his hand into a fist.

"No I would not!" Hoseok snapped.

Yoongi chuckled and gave an eye roll."Sure, you wouldn't."

He then felt a huge force crash onto his cheek, he stumbled looking at Hoseok. Pain coursing through his jaw, making it taut. Hoseok looked apologetic, but Yoongi's eyes turned dark with anger and he punched the younger boy in the face back.

"Since you're desperately trying to leave me then fine. We're done!" Yoongi said.

Hoseok looked at him with teary eyes, his hand holding onto his cheek.

He then ran away, not looking back once. Yoongi continued walking to his house until he stood by the front door. He was debated whether to go back inside due to the state of his face, but as he decided to finally enter he heard a faint BANG! in a distance.
It was probably a shooting nearby, he didn’t exactly live in the safest neighborhood. He shrugged it off and looked at the door, only for his hand to slightly touch on the doorknob.

The realization then hit him...

"Hoseok..."

"Yoongi wake up!"

Yoongi slightly opened his eyes, seeing a figure in front of him.

"Hoseok...?"

"No, its Namjoon, what happened to you?" Namjoon asked, his eyebrows drawn together in concern. Yoongi looked around slowly, seeing there were police cars and ambulances around him.

He then spotted a flicker of orange in his peripheral view, he turned and saw the burning car by the curve of the street.

"I'm guessing you're the one, Hoseok was talking about."

Yoongi and Namjoon turned towards the sudden voice, seeing a boy with raven colored hair.

"Who are you? How did you know about Hoseok?" Yoongi asked, he tried to stand up but almost fell.

"I'm Jungkook and I’m guessing me knowing Hoseok will surprise you." Jungkook explained. "But, I can see him. I can see dead people."

Hoseok looked at Jungkook in a shocked expression.

D-did he said...dead...?

Jungkook turned over to Hoseok with a sympathetic expression.

Hoseok shook his head. N-no way. No way, it wasn’t possible...

"I'm not dead!" Hoseok cried, he ran towards Yoongi. "Tell him it's not true, tell him he's lying!"

"He can't see or hear you, Hoseok." Jungkook said.

Hoseok started sobbing.

"I'm not dead!”

He grabbed onto Yoongi's shirt, only to pass through it. He looked at his hands, noting the translucent appearance of his skin.

No way!

This has to be a dream. I can’t be…

He clenched and unclenched his hands, trying desperately to convince himself.

"How did he die?" Jungkook asked.

Hoseok turned to Yoongi, seeing the boy swallow hard, pain in his eyes.

"He...he was shot..."

Hoseok fell to the ground, placing his hands over his head, memories flashing before his eyes.

Hoseok had stopped running when his legs had begun to ache, tears crashed down his face and he was grateful for his orange hair tips that fell into his eyes. He didn’t want anyone to see him crying.

"Hoseok!"

Hoseok looked up when he heard a voice.

BANG!

A car was rushing towards the street towards the sound of the voice. He stopped running when he saw the voice belonged to Yoongi who was running towards him.

The car was almost catching up to Yoongi. The windows were down and the license plate was missing. Hoseok then realized what that meant. In their neighborhood they knew better than to run. Running meant you had done something bad, running meant…

Hoseok ran towards the older boy.

"Hobi!"

"Suga!"

Hoseok jumped towards Yoongi, shoving him down.

BANG!

Hoseok landed on Yoongi with a big thud and Yoongi looked at him. His watery eyes and gummy smile of relief the prettiest thing Hoseok had ever seen.

"You're okay Hobi, hyung is here." Yoongi comforted him, he then saw blood coming out from Hoseok's chest.

No.

Hoseok smiled weakly. The pain was excruciating, darkness beginning to creep in the corners of his eyes.

"No...no...no..." Yoongi shook his head and he hugged Hoseok tight, his eyes weeping. "Don't leave me! Please..."

Hoseok wiped Yoongi's tears away, still wearing a smile on his face.

"I'm...your hope...I'm...your angel...I'm...J...hope..."

The phrase he had always used to cheer Yoongi up whenever he was feeling down, left his lips before he closed his eyes.

Yoongi shook his body.

"Hobi?" Yoongi sobbed as he shook him again and again, gaining no response. He cried his heart out, his loud cries turning into screams of pain and agony. "I'm sorry Hobi...I'm so sorry...I couldn't protect you..."

"It’s my fault he died.."

Hoseok looked up when he saw Yoongi trying his best to wear a straight face, but tears fell down his cheeks."If...I hadn't yelled at him...he would still been alive..."

Namjoon patted Yoongi's back and Yoongi looked up, focusing on the flames. His legs started moving towards it, until he broke out into a run.

"Yoongi!"

Hoseok got up, running towards Yoongi.

Yoongi ran faster towards the flames.

Let me join you Hobi...

Yoongi closed his eyes as he was about to jump in.

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi opened his eyes and turned around slowly.

"Hoseok?"

Hoseok’s eyes widened.

He can hear me?

Yoongi shook his head as he looked back towards the flames.

"Keep talking Hoseok, you're almost reaching him!"Jungkook called.

Hoseok nodded.

"Yoongi...it's me, Hobi..." Hoseok said softly.

Yoongi turned around again, he then saw Hoseok.

"Hobi...?"

Hoseok nodded.

"What is going on?" Namjoon whispered to Jungkook, the younger boy turned to Namjoon.

"Hoseok may be dead but he's reaching towards Yoongi." Jungkook explained. "Yoongi can see and hear him, since he’s so close to death."

Yoongi walked towards Hoseok, wanting to hug him but his arms went through Hoseok.

"You really are dead aren't you?" Yoongi sobbed.

Hoseok nodded sadly.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way hyung, but I don’t want to see you go so soon because I've left you." Hoseok cupped Yoongi's cheeks, Yoongi felt Hoseok's cold touch as he held Hoseok's right hand.

"Please don't go." Yoongi begged.

Hoseok smiled softly and Yoongi let out another sob, hugging Hoseok tight.

"I'm sorry Yoongi...I love you..." Hoseok whispered as he kissed Yoongi.

It lasted less than a second, before the older boy was seeing Hoseok fade away.

"S-stay Hobi...p-please..."

"Take care Yoongi...be happy for me please..." Hoseok whispered, he linked both his and Yoongi's hands  together. "You're my everything..."

"You're mine too...Hobi..." Yoongi whispered back, he closed his eyes for a moment as Hoseok’s touch and presence left him.

He cupped his mouth to hide the small sobs that wracked his body, only to feel something in his palm. Yoongi opened his eyes, seeing a golden ring with words inscribed on it.

Yoongi looked at the words closely.

I'll always be with you, love Hoseok.

Yoongi placed the ring slowly in his index finger, he then closed his eyes and opened them again, smiling.

In front of him was Hoseok, with white wings on his back, like a true angel.

I had lost my way when I lost you Hoseok...but now I'm wearing the ring you gave me before you left and... I found my way.