TWLLGT

Together... We'll Get Through
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina pov

I had no idea that my best friend was fighting with cancer. Her name was Chaeyoung and she was diagnosed with brain tumour or in other words, brain cancer at an early age of 11. At first i didn't know and i regret that up till now. It was quite hard to know if she was ill or not as she was an energetic girl who always had a smile plastered on her face. But as they say, believing with only yout eyes will fool you. 

One day, Chaeyoung and i were playing catch in her backyard. It was a sunny day and both of us were sweating. We were playing for almost an hour when suddenly she sat down while massaging her temple,looking like she was in pain. Seeing her in that condition made me worried. I approached her and placed my hand on her shoulder. 

"Are you okay, Chaeng? " i asked her in a serious manner. 

"I am. It's just a little headache. You don't have to worry, " she said with a fake smile. Well that wasn't convincing at all, i thought. 

Not wanting to make things worse, i called her parents. They came out and took Chaeyoung inside the house. Chaeyoung sat down on the couch and we took care of her. I was beside her the whole time. It was getting late and the next day was a school day so Chaeyoung's mother offered me a ride home. I accepted her offer and went home. The next day, after school, i called Chaeyoung to check up on her but she didn't pick up my call. "That's a first, " i said to myself. Chaeyoung always picks up my phone calls. Maybe ahe isn't home, i assume. 

Chaeyoung had been absent for a week. I went to her house only to be told that she wasn't home ot the occasional "She is tired, she needs to res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter