You know me

Three wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 2: You know me. 

 

 

 

“R –Run! Hurry!” Eunhyuk shook his head stubbornly, his thin body trembling in fear as he tried hard to cover his almost body with his torn clothes. His eyes was getting blurry because of the tears he was shedding, looking at the blurry images of the men in front of him.

 

 

“Eunhyuk –ah, start running!” –A voice shouted out loud, grunting when a fist made a contact on his left cheek. Hyukjae’s eyes shaking slightly as more tears flowed out of his eyes, wetting his cheeks.

 

 

“Now!” With that, he ran quickly as soon as he got onto his feet. Not even dared to look back until a loud gunshot sound was heard in the distance that he stumbled and fell down.

 

 

For the second time, Hyukjae jerked awake in a cold sweat, muscles tensed and gasping for air. This dream again. But why is that guy calling me Eunhyuk? He wiped away the sweat on his forehead, leaning back against his bedframe, palming his bed sheets before frowning.

 

 

“Wait a minute. This is my bedroom. How come?” Hyukjae tilted his head in confusion. The last time he remembered he was in his classroom, looking for his phone and that was when he saw…

 

 

“!” –He cursed loudly, ruffling his already messy locks in frustration. “Is he really a ghost or what?” He thought for a while, all he saw was the boy’s nametag. He might be mistaken though. It was dark in there after all. The possibility of the boy to be human was high. He didn’t looked at the boy’s face at all but judging by how dirty the outfit he wore yesterday’s night, he might be a ghost too.

 

 

“Aish, I don’t know anymore. Why would I care anyway?” He then made his way to the bathroom to take a shower. Once he was done wearing his uniform, he went downstairs to eat breakfast.

 

 

“Good morning, honey. How are you feeling?” –His mom asked before putting a glass of strawberry milk in front of him. Hyukjae frowned in confusion, looking at his mom’s direction. “What do you mean, mom?”

 

 

“You fainted yesterday. Dad had to pick you up at school. We are so worried.” –His mom said, walking closer to him before seating beside him, cupping his face in a gentle manner. Looking at his mom, he smiled reassuringly. “I’m fine, mom. I was just being clumsy, tripping around and fainting. I’m sorry.”

 

 

He smiled at his parents before excusing himself to go to school, refusing his dad’s offer for the second time. While he walked, his mind wandered to the boy he saw yesterday’s night. Who are you, really? Will I meet you again? Before him realizing, he was already arrived in front of the school’s gate.

 

 

He went straight to his classroom, quickly entering it to go to his seat. He felt many eyes on him the moment he entered the classroom. He shrugged it off and took a seat before taking out the textbook for the first lesson. There were still thirty more minutes left before the class started, Hyukjae turned his head towards the window, staring at the small garden down there.

 

 

His eyes wandered around and there he met eyes with a boy, sitting on the bench near a big tree with a book in his right hand. His face was expressionless but his eyes shown a mixture of sadness and determination. Why is he looking at me? Hyukjae then looked behind him and elsewhere before looking back at the boy but the boy was not there anymore.

 

 

“Eh! Where is he?” –He softly whispered, asking mostly to himself.

 

 

Suddenly he felt a warm breath tickled his neck, he tensed up, eyes widening at the sudden contact. He was about to turn around but the sound of door being opened beat him to it as his classmates quickly took a seat and he did the same, gathering his thoughts together to focus more to the lesson. Throughout the lesson, he had a feeling that he was being watched but he refrained himself from looking around and the same thing happened throughout the next lessons.

 

 

“Hyung, you look troubled. Are you okay?” –Kyuhyun asked, feeling concerned. His hyung had been really quiet and it felt weird since he was supposed to be all cheerful like a happy –go –lucky person he was. Also, the fact that he knew about what had happened to his hyung yesterday. He was sure worried as hell.

 

 

“I’m just tired, that’s all. Don’t worry.” –He reasoned out before stuffing his mouth with the kimchi fried rice he bought, purposely avoiding eyes contact with the younger boy.

 

 

“If you say so.” The black –haired boy shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat too. “Oh. And hyung! I want to introduce you to my friends. They will be here soon.” Hyukjae nodded his head slightly, looking at his plate as he shoved another spoonful of rice in his mouth before looking up and his eyes fell on a figure, standing in the midst of the crowd on the other side of the café who happened to be staring straight at him.

 

 

His heart stood still as he gazed into the other’s deep, dark brown eyes. They were the same eyes who had been looking at him this morning, the same person who had a familiar look of determination on his now upturned face. He didn’t know who the guy was but why was he looking at him. Feeling uncomfortable under the strong gaze, he nudged Kyuhyun in the ribs.

 

 

“Do you know that guy standing over there?” Kyuhyun looked at the direction where Hyukjae pointed at and frowned as he saw no one. “Where? I see no one.” –Kyuhyun replied.

 

 

“B-But, he is just… t-there. Eh?” –Hyukjae said, frowning when the guy before was nowhere in sight. Puckering his lips slightly, he slumped back in dejected. Kyuhyun sighed as he looked at his cousin. “Cheer up, hyung! Oh, my friends are here already.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Their reactions are all the same. Is this seat really haunted? Hyukjae thought, placing his hands on the table, unconsciously tracing his fingertips on the names on the table like he did before.

 

 

“Hyukjae, right? I’m Sungmin. Kyuhyun talked a lot about you.” –The boy with a cute chubby cheeks said, extending his hand for a handshake. The said boy was a year older than him despite him looking so young.

 

 

Suddenly, a handsome yet pretty boy sat beside Sungmin, smiling mischievously at him. “Hey cutie pie! The name is Heechul.” –He said, taking a hold of Hyukjae’s hand and kissing it. “Yah, stop flirting!” Another boy with small dimpled cheeks came and smacked Heechul’s head with the water bottle he had in his hand.

 

 

“Don’t mind him. I’m Leeteuk, the oldest one out of us. Finally, we get to see you in person.” –He then said, looking at Hyukjae with a gentle smile before taking a sit next to Heechul.

 

 

“I’m Hyukjae by the way. Nice to meet you all.” Hyukjae smiled politely before taking a sip of his strawberry milk, still looking at the three hyungs who sat in front of him, waiting for them to say something.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter