room for six

room for six

“Get up!” Daehyun wails shrilly, lobbing his own pillow at Youngjae’s face for good measure.

Like with everything else, Youngjae is a step ahead of him. He blocks the pillow before it can hit him, and pulls it underneath his blanket to snuggle against. Mumbling something incomprehensible, he closes his eyes again.

“I can’t believe you’re wasting the holiday sleeping,” Daehyun whines. “This opportunity won’t come again. Nobody has touched the snow outside at all!” He peers out of a window and wipes away an imaginary tear. “It’s so beautiful.”

“Nobody’s touched it because it’s seven in the flipping morning,” Youngjae groans. “It’s literally pitch black outside. Go away.”

Making sure his sigh of disappointment is loud enough, Daehyun gets dressed and jogs out of the dormitory, winter cloak and gloves slung over his shoulder. He’s surprised to find a lamp on in the common room, on a table in front of the burnt-out fireplace. There’s a young kid doing his homework on the floor next to it, when there’s a perfectly good comfy armchair behind him.

“It’s only the first day of the holidays!” Daehyun exclaims.

The kid jumps, gangly legs kicking the table in surprise. He takes a moment to calm down enough to speak. “Day?” he gasps. “Is it the morning already?”

 

[continue reading: link to fic on ao3]