My Spring In Winter **One Shot**

My Spring in Winter

"Its been 29 years since my heart was prisoned on a melancholic place where the temperature never rises to a single degree. I've been trying hard to reach the sunshine but its always been this dark. Everyday I wake up with the same routine thinking that breathing is even hard when you are living with a freezing heart. I often wonder on how it feels like to have blossoming cherry blossoms inside me, that feeling that eventhough life threw thousands of nail in my delicate skin I will still feel relief because I know someone will heal those wounds. The coldness in my entire existence is getting worse until that day....."

 

"Noona, you are the loviest person I ever seen. I never realized that someone like you exists in this world," he whispered those words in my ears. The world stopped and so is my heart. "Lub dub lud dub lub dub," my inner core is shouting. As my heart pumps blood in my system, I can feel that my face is heating up. My pale icey skin turned into bright red. As my mycardium functioned as it supposed to be, it seems like brain cells temporarily stopped as I can't utter any word. He came closer, looked at me directly and I realized how long are his eyelashes, "Noona, I like you," he said. I pinch myself a thousand times and I can feel that my pain center is well functioning so I realized I'm not dreaming but I want to deny everything I hear and see because for the longest time I build a great wall of China around me to protect my existence. I ran as fast as I could and when I feel that the oxygen level in my body dropped I stopped and sat on the nearest bench. I can't do it, I can't let myself experience sunshines when I know sooner or later storms will come again and it will turn into a long winter again and I know if I give in it would be colder. 

 

I went home that day and my dog welcomed me with his loud bark. All this time he has been my bestest friend and I think he can sense that something is wrong as I can still feel the fast beating of my heart. I then laid on my bed and he laid beside me. I then carressed his fur because I know he liked it that way. Dogs has thick furs for them to protect from cold and so I built walls on my heart but as the clock ticks it destroyed my inner being. What can I do? Human beings in general are very sensitive to pain. Physical pain can be aided through different methods but those pain which are brought my people who you expected that will bring sunrises when you wake up everyday lasts forever. They said the most painful death you will have is when you are burned alive but I think living everyday when you know deep inside you are already decaying is more painful. I once gave in the play of love and I ended up losing. I died since then and I feel like I'm already decaying eversince I had my first cry. I can't gamble anymore because I don't want to lose whats left in me. I looked up at the ceiling its white and empty. After few seconds of staring at, it seems like I was inside a movie and everything flashbacked, from the moment I first saw him, to every second that I shared my life with him, he made me laugh with his silliest jokes, he is doing annoying things to make me act and respond as a normal individual, with him I can't feel even a second exhaustipn even if I worked 24/7, and those time he actually made me feel that I am living and that I am actually capable of feeling those emotions that I thought I already buried six feet below the ground.

 

With those images that flashing inside my head, I ran again as fast as I could. The street was so empty and once again I feel that I am a stray cat that is seeking for someone to bring me home. I can feel that the cold wind was brushing through my cheeks and I can saw with my eye how the snow fall from the sky. It was cold, really really cold, my fingers are already turning bluish and so is oral mucosa. I want to run to his arms and live under his warm touch but I can't. The temperature drained my energy and I feel like this was the end of my entire existance. If I die today I just want to die seeing his smile, it was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen more that any scenic view that this world has. My eyelids were about to close when I feel a very warm embrace from behind, it was very warm that I think I reached my melting point as I can feel that tears flew from my tear ducts. "They said everyone of us has its own definiton of love. I can't find the exact words for it until that day I saw you. Actually I realized that love is YOU. Its you who turned my world into a lovely place to live in. So don't cry anymore you are crushing my world. From now on, you can only shed those precious tears not just because you are in pain but because you know you are at home. Let my love be your sanctuary," Hearing those words I feel that I want to gamble my entire existence just to be with him and whether I will feel again the cold and chilly winter something inside me is saying that he will just simply melt it away. I looked at him and I realized how handsome he is. I wrapped my arms around him and he slowly drag me closer until our lips met. During that time I felt that cherry blossoms grew from the cold ground. Its petals are falling and sorround us. Beautiful flowers popped out from nowhere and I feel that this will be the spring in my winter forever.