First Of All....

Computer Girl

Kim Lip's POV

 

Another day has passed, another tiring day, to be exact. 

If only you could skip time, or like, sleep today then waking up finding yourself in 2089 or something. That would be very convenient, but I'd miss out too much in life. Heh, hi there. I'm Jungeun, but you can call me Kim Lip. Or Lippie, that's what my friends call me regularly. I'm your typical type of girl, the one who often gets stressed out easily in studying Literature in my current university, also the head of the Readers' Club at my campus. Note that I'm one of the talkative ones, I can talk all day and often get topics, heh. 

As I was saying, today is a tiring day. I drag my tired feet across the girl's dormitory, a good 4 story building eastwest from where the Arts and Literature and the Economics major is at. It's a 15 minute walk, and I could've just taken the usual mini shuttle bus from there but I decided to limp myself back to dorm. Exactly, why use public transportation when you have feet? Unless if you were a mermaid, now that would be a nuisance.

 

Where was I?

 

Ah, yes, half limping myself across the hall. A few girls I knew waved and nodded at me. "Jungeun! Finally done with today's classes?" one of them ask me, her name's Haseul. She's the head of the girl's soccer team and she's a Biology major. Along with her trusted friends, Hyunjin, Heejin and a freshmen called Yeojin. 

I nodded weakly, giving them a short laugh. "Yeah, I've been sitting too long and now I've got pins and needles." 

"Try straightening your legs," Hyunjin chimed, nodding to my poor wobbly legs. 

I give her another nod. "Sure, I'll get to it once I'm in my room," I turned my back, starting to move my feet, but before that, I take another glance at them. "Can't lay around here, right?"

They only exchange looks and giggle. "Right." Haseul replied. "We'll be going, now!" 

"Take care!" Heejin waves before all of them leave me on the 2nd floor hall.

 

My tired feet finally got me on the 4th floor, my door the 5th on the entrance's right. Ah, the smell of my temporary home. I've been living in this pretty cozy den since a year and a half, and I absolutely have fallen in love with its atmosphere. The walls are like egg-white canvases, floors with the neatest wooden boards, and stairs clean as newly washed dishes. Here at this dormitory, we even have a small shop below and a good laundry room with dryers and ironing boards. The view's pretty cool too, since we're the at the edge of the campus' map, we get a whole view of the city below the hill this campus grounds on. Everything here is nice, though sometimes I do regret myself for choosing the 4th floor. Sometimes it's too high that you'd actually be too lazy to go anywhere, and you end up locking yourself up in your little room. 

"JUNGEUN!!!"

Oh, and that. The lovely but very friendly neighbors. 

A girl with a short strawberry-patterned frollic dress barged in my area, my room key falling down since I was startled of the sudden yell, I only gave the shorter girl a stern look. "Ugh, Jiwoo...."

Jiwoo smiled widely, not even trying to pick up the key I just dropped. I gave her a eye-roll, chuckling. "This better be important."

"Well...I was thinking if you'd like to join the Little Readers' Campaign for this June," she looked at me with beady eyes, almost as if she intended to hypnotize me. "We don't have a public speaker and a social media promoter yet, and we thought you could be in that division!"

I rested my back on the wall behind me, giving up on opening my room before she could finish her sentence. "But I'm already the head of the Readers' Club? I thought you guys had already figured that out?" I wrinkled my nose. Surely, yes, that was odd. Usually the secretary and HR division would already choose someone for the job. Or not, since everyone's out on spring break. A late spring break, everyone should be back, actually. Spring break already ended a week ago, and even campus seemed a bit deserted. 

Jiwoo quietly played with her feet, her usual lady-like shoes shining brighter than my future. "We did...but he left back to his country for this family thing, and Yves is busy with the funds, I'm busy with the property and decorations, Mark with the library reservations....Miss Kim hasn't verified our little event yet-"

I rolled my eyes, again, cupping her pretty round head. "Okay, okay, I get it. Everyone's busy. How about the freshmen?" 

"Oh, those slackoffs? I haven't even seen them around campus. Haechan, Mina, nobody has reported back from their break yet," Jiwoo looked down, shrugging. "Just...please? I know you haven't been very busy with your studies."

I scoffed. "Excuse you, but I actually am a busy woman!" I lifted my pretend bluetooth speaker, pretend-talking to an imaginary assistant on the other side of the imaginary line. "Yes, Yves, I'm going to deal with the chairmen later, okay? Squeeze that dreadful meeting between dinner and my meet up with Mr. Lee, will you?" I snorted, giving out a loud laugh after noticing Jiwoo's unimpressed look. "Alright, only if it makes everyone happy."

Jiwoo clapped her hands, her face lighting up like a thousand of stars. Ah, the little bean. "Great! I'll tell the others right away!" she skipped back to her room, which was only a few metres from my room. 

Shaking my head, chuckling as I grab my key and turn it in the keyhole, entering my cozy room. Not to boast about it or anything, but I'm the head of the Readers' club for not only being a dedicated bookworm, but my friends and family say I'm a great communicator. The Readers' club have only a few amount of members who actually can speak in public and gather many members, not how like the adviser, the current treasurer, the head of HR division, and well, me. The rest, well, either they're too shy or too much of a slacker to begin with. Not putting any hatred though, but I wish they could be more active in the club.

So yes, that's my assumption on why probably many of the others, including Jiwoo, wanted me to be the public speaker and social media promoter. I'm quite good at influencing people, gathering people; like I said, and making people comfortable with a certain society or reason. Eh, I don't know, that's what Mrs. Kang, my counselor said. 

And also, social media promoter. I'm not so bad at social medias.....all you have to just promote it on Google or some blog like that....right-? 

 

Whoa, wait. 

 

I just remembered I'm an old fashioned girl living in the digital era of everything. Well, screw this.

 

I ran for the door, opening it, already finding myself taking deep breathes in front of Jiwoo's door. I knocked obnoxiously, waiting for her to open the door. 

 

"Uh, Jungeun?" She gave me a worried look, I'm pretty sure my face looked like some exhausted overreacting . I lifted my head and said it right to her face. 

 

"HOW DO I PROMOTE ON SOCIAL MEDIA???????"

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N)

*stretches arms* FINALLY. I did not expect to actually do a fast first chapter update after posting the foreword, but eh, I did it! Hooray for pathetic little me. 

Alright people, let's just hope I don't back away from this good first effort. Tell me your thoughts so far down on the comments below! Subs are highly appreciated! <3

Additional note: If you realized it, I Did add a few cameos from other girlgroups, boygroups even! They will be picked randomly, but if you want your bias or whoever from the Kpop industry to make an appearance, I'd be glad to add them between these chapters. Please comment!