Aish...

A Day at This School?

 

~Donghae~

I shook my head despairingly, realising that Ryeowook's wind current had sent all the papers floating again. Dropping to my knees, I dropped my books on the floor next to me, apologizing to the people desperately trying to avoid the weird child on the ground. After a while, the stream died down, and I managed to retrieve what had been kicked to the other side of the hallway. Up until now, I'd been preoccupied with dodging the soles of people's feet, but now that they were gone, I could feel the blush returning to my cheeks. That moment, with Hyukjae's face that close to mine. That moment, with his eyes staring right into mine. That moment, when my heart had beat faster than ever before - more than when I met Yoona, more than when I'd seen him the first time, even. I must have looked like an idiot, grinning to myself, because I heard the awkward cough of Jongwoon, with Ryeowook next to him. Why I knew it was them? Wook was the only person I knew who wore purple sneakers. And the larger shoes were obviously his soon-to-be boyfriend's.

 

~Jongwoon~

"Um... Hae? What are you... doing?"

He was kind of slouched over, smiling maniacally, looking like he was about to murder someone. I leaned over, shaking his shoulder gently. "Hae? Can... Can you hear me?" He made no response, still staring at, erm, my shoes?

"Donghae-hyung! Please get up!" Wookie leant over him as well, bringing his body dangerously close to mine. I looked over at him and blushed, embarrassed that he could cause this type of reaction. He smiled, oblivious as to why I was bright red. "He'll be okay, right, Sungie-hyung?"

I widened my eyes, biting my lips in an effort not to blurt out a confession right there and then. He meant Sungie as in a nickname for my nickname, as in Yesung, as in, like, artist's voice. Not anything else. Right? Yes. Yep, that was all. I racked my brain for something to say. "Uh... yeah, sure."

 

~Ryeowook~

What was wrong with Sungie-hyung? Was Donghae-hyung's collapse somehow contagious? Maybe... Did I say something to make him uncomfortable? Donghae-hyung was still unmoving, and I looked at Sungie-hyung again. This time he swung his head away, avoiding me. Why? Maybe... Did I make him embarrassed? Oh no, maybe he thought I liked Donghae-hyung! "That's not true!" Oops.

 

~Donghae~

I looked up at Ryeowook's sudden outburst. What just happened?

 

~Jongwoon~

"What's not true?" I asked the bright red boy next to me, slightly confused. "Did I do something to upset you?"

"No," he replied, his face changing from slightly embarrassed to... angry? I have never seen him angry before - I mean, last time I stole his lunch, he slapped me as if he were slapping a tissue. In other words, I didn't feel it.

"Is... Is there something you want to tell me?" I said delicately, aware of how frozen he was.

"I... never mind. It doesn't matter, anyway."

 

~Ryeowook~

Why can't I tell him? Why can't I just say it out loud? Yes, Sungie, I love you. I've loved you since that day you paid for my ice cream, okay? How you held up the coin like it was a priceless treasure. I love you, Kim Jongwoon, always have, always will. You'll never know, though. I... I can't. You... You'll never understand.

 

~Hyukjae~

I can feel myself spinning into a full-blown panic. Oh my God, where is the stuffed classroom? There's a stack of books in my ams, they're weighing a tonne and probably destroying any chance of me getting any taller - my spine feels like it's going to crack soon. I turn the corner - this is it, this better be my classroom, or I'll...

 

~Donghae~

"Hyukjae?' I said in astonishment, staring at the figure tottering in front of me. Or, more precisely, his legs, which I know are his because, well, I'd recognise them anywhere. There's a huff as he tries to walk around me, but of course he can't because Wook and Sung are staring at eachother like they're about to eat eachother. (A/N - I didn't mean that in a wrong way, sorry)

I cough; they jump. Hyukjae walks past me without even looking down. Does he know it's me?

"Hyuk-"

"I love you, you know."

WHAT?!