Main Fic's Summary

Refuge JRen Spin-off (link on chap 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before anything else:

In this AU, I made the characters' aging process dramatically slow down once they turn 21 years old. Wolfs conceive their pups after two months of carrying the litter.

It is highly recommended to read this summary to understand what is going on in the spin-off:

 

Luhan was a runt in the pack who was belittled by everyone, including his family. He found affection, support, and genuine love in a paternal, familial and friendship aspects in the embodiment of Sehun, a wolf who became the leader alpha in his late teens because his parents passed away during the war. Sehun, upon knowing of Luhan's wretched existence (when Luhan was almost five and Sehun was almost twenty), protected the pup from the people who crushed Luhan's self-esteem and worth. The alpha trained the young omega to be someone who could protect himself, believing that the pup has potential.

Fifteen years later, Luhan joined the pack's militia (to fulfill his promise of protecting leader alpha Sehun) and became popular due to his beauty and agile skills. He was secretly in love with Sehun (which his family, who he gradually fixed his severed ties with, noticed but never said a thing), yet Sehun had no clue about it. Luhan decided to leave for the humans' realm and train himself independently in a year. One thing led to another and he confessed his feelings, which Sehun did not reciprocate. He confided that his reason to train alone is to prove to be deserving of Sehun's love.

Somewhere along the way, Luhan met Yifan (a doctor) and Zitao (a hunter, farmer and martial arts teacher), two human friends who knew of his identity as a wolf yet accepted, took care of him and even helped him train. Luhan soon came back to the pack, only to discover that Sehun had a mate, who was the princess of a pack their pack entered a peace treaty with. The two best friends inevitably drifted apart, with Luhan doing the most distancing despite still serving in the militia.

The princess' pack stealthily attacked Sehun's pack, breaking the treaty to aim for the valuable gemstone Sehun's parents handed down to him when they died. Everyone in the pack died, including Sehun's mate (who fought her own people to protect her beloved mate's gem) and Luhan's family. The alpha broke down and Luhan took him to safety miles and miles away from their ruined home. Luhan found an abandoned cottage for them to stay with.

Sehun, depressed, broken and filled with agony, ignored Luhan's efforts to sustain their lives. There was a time when Luhan said something along the lines of Sehun's parents and former mate not liking what was happening to the alpha, and that snapped Sehun's patience and he almost killed Luhan before he gathered himself and walked away. Luhan's heat immediately hit him and when Sehun smelled him, the alpha was thrown in his rut, lost his mind and defiled the omega. Luhan cried at the hurtful things an in-rut Sehun said and he left once Sehun collapsed after their rough session. Sehun woke up hours later, remembered what he did, realized how he hurt the person who was always there for him no matter what and how Sehun himself did somehow love him without realizing it before.

Fate had different plans. As Sehun searched for his new mate day and night, he started falling deeper for Luhan as memories of their friendship recurred to him. He soon found the omega shivering during a winter day in a cave. Upon carrying him, Yifan and Zitao who was searching for Luhan as well discovered Sehun, and thus the rough start of the alpha's friendship with humans.

Luhan woke up in Yifan's home, made up with Sehun after the alpha begged for forgiveness for he loved Sehun deeply. They became together, left the humans' realm together after a few days, settled in their forest cottage, mated and lived a happy life.

Weeks later, they visited the two humans and that was when Luh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter