A Coward

A Short Story Of A Penguin and A Tiger

“I hate her smile.” Said Chaeyoung while looking at Mina. 


“Why? Isn’t she looks pretty every time she smiles?” ask Dahyun to Chaeyoung. 


“I know, but I hate it because I’m not the one who makes her smile.” 


“Then make her smile.” 


“If I’m brave enough to grab her wrist and bring her to go with me and confess to her about my feelings. After I confessing I think I'm capable enough to make her smile because I'm brave. But unfortunately I’m just a coward who just can see her crush smiling, kissing and holding someone else’s hands. And I can’t risk our friendship too…” Chaeyoung said weakly.

 
After Chaeyoung said that, Dahyun just stay silent. After 10 seconds finally Dahyun said something. “I know you’re brave enough to do that. You just didn’t want to break their relationship and you didn’t want to risk your friendship right? You can’t live without her and you know if you confess your feelings to her and she doesn’t have the same feelings it will break your friendship.” Dahyun said softly. “Mhm… you’re right.” Chaeyoung said while closing her eyes. 


“You deserve to be happy. I don’t want to see you always sad and gloomy everytime you see Mina unnie with Bambam oppa.” 


“Hmm. I think the same too. I’m gonna open my heart for someone who’s serious with me. I want to feel loved by someone too.”

 
“Well, good luck then.” Dahyun pat Chaeyoung’s shoulder and go to her class. 


“Yeah, thank you.” 


Deep down in Chaeyoung’s heart, “I will always love you Mina unnie. But I think it’s my time to be happy. I hope your relationship with Bambam oppa will last forever.” 


After that Chaeyoung get up and go back to her class.