Prodigy

Our Trainee's a SuperSpy?!

:::SNSD - My Best Friend:::

Half an hour had passed and none of the boys were still ready. Actually, DongHyun didn't even have an idea. He sat in his room, wondering what he could do to get you to open your heart to him and the other members.

"I want her to think I'm cool," he murmured to himself as he paced. Suddenly, his eyes rested on his piano keyboard. "That's it!"

Dizzy with eagerness, he grabbed the keyboard off it's stand and raced to your room.

 

 

On the other hand, you lay sprawled out on your bed, blocking out all the surrounding noise with a pair of headphones. Weren't these boys ever quiet?

"SungHyun Oppa," you groaned, clearly annoyed. "I want to see SungHyun Oppa." Irritated, you kicked the air to release the pent up energy in you.

Interrupting your thoughts, someone knocked on your door. "It's open," you answered, slightly curious about your visitor.

"Annyeonghaseyo," DongHyun greeted with a shy smile. He was hugging a keyboard to his chest.

You looked at him inquiringly. "What's the keyboard for?" you wondered.

"Mm," he hummed, unsure of how to begin his plan. He decided to go with the truth. "It seemed like you didn't like us much, so we thought that we'd try again."

Processing his words carefully, you peered behind him. "Where's the rest of the members then?" you asked wearily, not really wanting to know the answer. It was nice of them to do this, but you've had enough of their bickering for the day.

"For now, it's just me," DongHyun smiled again.

"Oh," you breathed.

The oldest hugged the keyboard tighter. "Are you disappointed?" he frowned.

"Nope," you smiled. "I'm glad." He grinned at your words. "So what do you have in store for me, DongHyun-gun?" you wanted to know.

He took his place in the middle of your bedroom floor and sat down. The keyboard rested on his lap and you rolled onto your stomach and stared at him. "I just wanted you to hear me play," he said quietly.

Without any further exchanges, his fingers glided over the keyboard. You closed your eyes and listened intently. There was no doubt about the fact that he played well.

Ah, you nodded in recognition. He was playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. You knew the piece well because you had once played it yourself in one of your missions while impersonating a pianist so as to be able to eavesdrop on a suspected enemy.

Every now and then, DongHyun would make a small error here and there since he didn't practice and just barged into your room without any further thought.

You tried not to smile, knowing it would upset him.

After the piece ended, you clapped earnestly. "You did well," you praised him.

Pleased with your reaction, he fixed his posture and gestured you to come closer. "Do you want me to teach you how to play?"

Interested, you nodded and sat down beside him. "This is C, D, E, F, G, A, B, and so on." He pointed out the keys slowly. "The shorter black keys are used for sharps and flats."

"Got it," you replied brightly. "Can I try?" You held out your hands to receive the piano keyboard.

Surprised at your eagerness, DongHyun handed over the keyboard with curious eyes.

Instantly, you began to play the same piece as well. You were glad that you still remembered how to play it, in spite of the fact that the mission that required you to play the Moonlight Sonata was carried out ages ago.

"How on earth," DongHyun stared at you.

You came to an immediate stop. "I guess you're just a really good teacher," you told him, trying desperately not to laugh. There was no way that you could tell him the real reason.

"I must be a genius," he mumbled.

You bit your tongue. "Mhmm." You nodded in approval.

Without warning, someone banged on your door loudly. "Hyung, get out! It's my turn!" You could hear MinWoo's demanding voice, order.

"Well I guess your time's up," you chuckled. "Thanks for the piano lesson." You handed him back the keyboard.

"Right," he took the piano, still dazed as he walked out the room.

Once he had left, you laughed freely to yourself. Maybe these boys aren't so bad, you considered. They're actually kind of.. cute.