The stone

The one with the lightning bolt

 

 

 

“This is the place Jongdae pointed to the map,” Minseok informed, checking his phone one last time.

 

“That stone must be very important to be kept in a bank,” Lu Han exclaimed as he walked into the building.

 

It took them a lot of time to communicate with the Grongs, the creatures that owned this land, but in the end they manages to convince them to show them the item. The plan was simple. They would find the item, freeze the guards and run. What could go wrong? They already had their car parked outside ready to go. All they had to do was to showcase their magic to Grongs and they would show them the stone. You didn’t see humans with powers every day.

 

“Safe, here” the Grong oinked. ”Show magic”

 

“Sure thing buddy,” Lu Han said as he moved into the safe, his eyes darting to the small box. The power the box reflected was a dead giveaway.  He opened it and took the stone in his hands. It was small, really small compared to the power it held. Or so they were told.

 

“Magic!” one of the Grong’s said heading to Lu Han, fist held high. The thing about Grongs was that they loved magic. Any kind of it. And they were very persistent when they wanted something.

 

“Not so fast,” Minseok replied, pressing his thumb on the Grong’s forehead, the creature instantly freezing. The good thing about this technic, Minseok’s favorite, was that the frozen person seemed fine from the outside while everything inside was frozen. It left less clues behind. He did the same with the other two Grongs. “We need to go.”

 

“Take this,” Lu Han threw the stone to Minseok who put it in his backpack. “I will take the car, at the junction, turn right.”

 

Minseok ran out of the bank as fast as he could, Grongs already in his tracks running with their small feet. The bank was on the main road of the city, making it too crowded. He hoped they would lose him in the crowd but he figured it wouldn’t be difficult to spot the only tall person in the area.

 

He run to the junction turning left, it was a downhill by the lake that leaded to the outskirts of the city. He looked behind, seeing the Grongs following him and Lu Han passing with the car. The other mouthed “What the ?” before he continued straight, Grongs in police cars on his tail. It was kind of funny being chased by those creatures.

 

His in ear transmission buzzed. “What the hell Minseok I told you to go right!” Lu Han yelled.

 

“You mean I didn’t?” Minseok faked innocence.

 

“! Υou do this every time,” the other sighed.

 

“You told me to go up the forest where I could produce less ice and I went by the lake where I can make an iceberg. Follow my thoughts,” Minseok explained. A thin layer of ice already forming beneath his shoes, making him slide down the road.

 

“Now I need to do a huge circle to find you and go to the meet up point. Oh ,” Lu Han said as he saw the Grongs that were hunting him unite and become a huge one that towered over the buildings.

 

Minseok looked back seeing the mentioned giant Grong as well. “” he said under his breath as he moved faster. He checked his phone, searching for the gps signal of their car. “I am coming to you,” he said into the transmission.

 

He lowered his body, taking a quick turn to the right. If he followed the road for 50 meters and then headed right again he would meet Lu Han in about 5 minutes. What could go wrong?

 

Momentarily he thought he had lost the Grongs but he then spotted them moving between the cars in their mini scooters, maximizing their speed. Taking the next turn though, Grongs in scooters wasn’t his only problem.

 

The road he had in front of him was an uphill meaning he couldn’t use his ice board to go faster. He had to run all the way up. He hopped off and started running as fast as he could. He could see Lu Han in the car waiting for him. The giant Grong too close. From behind him the scooter Grongs were firing at him. As a last resort, with a slick move, he left a layer of ice behind him, some of his hunters tripping onto it and crashing onto others.

 

As soon as he reached the car Lu Han stepped on the accelerator, tires screeching.  

 

“Couldn’t you help me?” Minseok asked firing back through the window.

 

“You know I can’t pull people,” Lu Han spat driving as fast as he could in between the traffic. “Here hold the wheel” he said as he positioned himself outside the car window. Seeing him the Grongs started firing again, a rain of bullets coming towards him. He held his fist high mimicking a circle movement before the bullets changed direction and hit the giant Grong. Lu Han got back into the car and stepped on the accelerator once again.

 

They managed to reach the countryside, the giant Grong long gone, in their tail there was a bunch of police cars.

 

“Don’t they ever give up?” Lu Han wondered looking through the rear mirror.

 

They reached their designated meeting spot. It was more like the place where they would leave the car. Minseok stayed in the car packing their things while Lu Han went outside to face the Grongs. It has funny seeing them in all their one meter glory aiming at him with their tiny guns. Lu Han was about to count them and form an attack plan before he felt a cold breeze through his body.  Every Grong in front of him turned into ice cubes. He turned around to look at Minseok. “You are welcome” said the other, his eyes still ice blue.

 

“I didn’t need help,” Lu Han exclaimed.

 

“What were you going to do? Hit their heads together?” Minseok mocked him. He jumped out of the car just in time before it crumbled into a box, sheet metal cracking. “Also don’t kill me.”

 

It was very frustrating that Lu Han’s eyes didn’t really change color when he used his magic. They could rarely say when he was about to, which made even his team members vulnerable to it. Their mentor had said that it was probably because his powers weren’t in their full potential yet but Minseok didn’t really want to be the one Lu Han trained with.

 

Lu Han gave him one more death stare before he turned and headed to the other side of the hill, where their partner would be waiting for them with a new vehicle.

 

They could see the vehicle, an old Toyota Corolla. Their partner, on the other hand, was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Holy Jongdae,” Lu Han stopped in his tracks. A bolt of lightning falling right in front of him, a man moving in between.

 

“Why? It’s super cool!” The other whined, sparkles coming from around his body. His eyes silver.

 

“The fact that Thor did it in a movie doesn’t mean that you have to do it too,” Minseok offered.

 

“If he did it I can do it too,” Jongdae disagreed, taking some bags from Minseok and carrying them to the other vehicle.

 

“Still a movie, and he was a god,” Lu Han insisted.

 

“You mean to tell me that I am not a god?” Jongdae faked being hurt. “You should be more careful around me,” he said touching Lu Han on the shoulder. The other kneeled as a small amount of electricity hit his body. Jongdae left laughing.

 

“You jerk,” Lu Han cried in pain.

 

“Serves you right,” Minseok laughed as well.

 

“Whose side are you on?” Lu Han whined in turn as he got into the car, their journey back to the headquarters would be long.


 

When they reached their destination they went straight to the main chamber. There, on his throne, sat the all mighty Chanyeol the Giant. The person/creature/king/whatever he decided to be that day that everyone in this land feared, not. They mostly feared his husband, Kyungsoo the Dwarf because in all his smallness he was really dangerous. The myths had it that people had died under his stare.

 

To Minseok, he was cute, to Lu Han an intimidating person and to Jongdae their source of money. To Chanyeol his world.

 

“Did you bring it?” Chanyeol asked, signaling them to come closer.

 

“Of course we did,” Jongdae clicked his tongue.

 

“Soooooooooooo”, Chanyeol yelled.

 

“I thought I told you to be quiet,” Kyungsoo pointed coming from the shadows.

 

“They said they brought it. Can you see if it’s the right one?” the giant asked.

 

Minseok opened his backpack as the dwarf approached him. He passed the stone to the smaller one, the man bringing it close to inspect it. He sniffed it a few times before turning back to Chanyeol, offering a nod.

 

“Pay them” he said as the left the room, a dozen of servants following him.

 

“So what is this stone really?” Lu Han dared to ask the king.

 

“The finest truffle in this land, young boy. Grongs find them themselves and keep them from thieves. They are sealed by elf magic which only amplifies its taste. They cost a fortune and their taste is divine. Kyungsoo loves it,” Chanyeol smiled.

 

Lu Han’s jaw dropped to the floor. “We went through this for a truffle?”

 

“And a million bills,” Jongdae cut in, reaching for the bag of money. “Thank you your majesty! In your services as always, whenever you might need us,” he said with a bow. Minseok and Lu Han quickly followed him outside.

 

“Here is your share. Don’t call me unless you have something big,” Jongdae said giving them the bag and disappearing in a thunderbolt, leaving a black spot where he stood moments ago. They had gotten used to him after all these years.

 

Lu Han was still confused when Minseok dragged him to the car, throwing the bag to the back seat. “I am driving” he said.

 

“Where to?” Lu Han asked. They didn’t really have a place to live or call home. Their home planet was light years away. When they, alongside Jongdae, decided to leave, they were still kids, 12 year olds that sneaked into a foreign spaceship, for fun. Since then they had travelled a lot. Visited a whole lot of planets. Stealing from a whole lot of people. Making a lot of money.

 

“Does it matter?” Minseok asked. He had opened the window and was supporting his head on his hand, his eyes focused on the road. The air was blowing his hair, making a mess out of it. He was beautiful as always.

 

“No,” Lu Han whispered a few moments later.


 

They ended up stopping at a different city. This one seemed to be full of elves. Tall people with pointed ears and incomparable beauty roamed around the streets. Some of them were even flying. This was for sure a magical planet.

 

They rented a room at an inn they found, the kind elf named Sehun offering them food as well as a place to stay.

 

Lu Han was already laying on the bed when Minseok came back at the room after returning the food trays. The door closed before Minseok could reach for it. He looked at Lu Han, the other snuggled into the blanket.

 

“People here are very kind” Minseok commented.

 

“Come to me,” Lu Han asked.

 

When Minseok didn’t move, he felt a force pushing him towards the other. “I thought you said you couldn’t pull people,” he said climbing onto Lu Han.

 

“I lied,” Lu Han replied, hands on the other’s sides, caging him.

 

“First you try to kill me, then you lie to me,” Minseok pouted. “I don’t know what to make of it.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too,” Minseok whispered before kissing Lu Han. This time no one had forced him to move.