A Test (Crush)

ASTRO Rocky Imagines/One shots

This is a first person POV. Just think of it as you! Hope you enjoy :)


 

I've never really fallen in love before.

I guess something is wrong with me. By the time I reached 18, all my friends either had dates or at least exes in their lives. Except me.

I'm at this point in life where I start questioning myself. Perhaps, it's really just... me?

 

"Hey you!"

I jumped, startled to hear someone calling out to me. Slowly, I turned my head to the source of the sound.

"You dropped your ruler. You wouldn't want to lose it for your test later right?" 

My eyes widened. "Ah yes! Thank you so much!" I quickly walked over to the guy holding my ruler and took it. It was then that I looked up to see his face.

It was him. Park Minhyuk.

I stared at him for a good five seconds before he coughed awkwardly at my unwavering gaze that woke me up to reality. 

"Ah! S-sorry... How did you know i have a test later?"

"pfft, look at what you look like now, isn't it obvious?"

I looked down at my clothes to see myself in a baggy t shirt and an even baggier track pants. My hair was also in a messy bun and my reading glasses were sliding down my face. I looked so shabby. By now, my cheeks are tinting red at an alarming rate. Minhyuk laughed slightly at my reaction.

"Don't worry, everyone looks horrible during test week. Let's go for the test together."

My head shot up and i stared at him blankly for the 2nd time.

He cocked his head to the side. "C'mon, let's go."

He said and walked pass me to the classroom. I snapped out of my daze and quickly followed him.

 

Minhyuk. Park Minhyuk. He's a senior that's in the class right across mine. I don't want to sound creepy, but I always took a peek at him whenever I had the time to from the class window. The only great thing about this school is how close the classes are to each other and all had huge clear windows. That was the only way for me to see him. And now he's right beside me, walking to class. WITH ME. I think I might be going crazy.

We walked in comfortable silence and finally reached the test site. I was snapped out of my daydreams with minhyuk and froze outside the classroom door. I always had this thing where I get sweaty palms and an increasing heart rate before taking a test. That's why I always come early to prepare. I'm still left with 30 minutes.

Minhyuk walked into the classroom without hesitation before stopping in his tracks when he noticed i wasn't coming in. He turned around.

"Why aren't you coming in??"

"Erm, you go in first sunbae! I-I'll be fine here! hahaha..." I gave an awkward smile and thumbs up. (why did i do that?)

Noticing something is amiss, he grabbed on to my hand which instinctively made me gasp.

"What's wrong with your hands?! They're sweaty and cold!"

"It's really nothing sunbae, I just get like this before tests. I will be fine, really!" I assured him but my shivering voice said otherwise. 

He sighed. "C'mon, let's go wash your hands."

"B-But, Sunbae, your test-"

"We still have 30 minutes."

Minhyuk dragged me to a nearby tap and told me to rinse my hand. After I rinsed and dried my hands, he suddenly grabbed on to my shoulders and shook me vigorously.

"YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!" He shouted loud enough for the whole hallway to echo his voice back. I was so shocked my jaw was wide open and I couldn't even utter a word. 

"There, are you still nervous?" He released his grasp with a smug smile and put his hands into his pockets.

I then checked my heartbeat with my hands on my chest, and it wasn't beating like crazy! I checked my palms too, and they were dry!

"Oh?! I think I'm fine now!" I said in amusement. Minhyuk chuckled at my reaction.

"Then since you're fine now, let's go take the test."

I looked at him cheerfully and nodded.

 

"Ahh! Test is finally over!" The students cheered as they quickly exited the classroom and chattered loudly about how they did on the test. As my friend said she'd come find me after the test, I stood outside the classroom door with my textbook in my hand, checking if I've gotten everything correct.

"Hey, you!"

I looked around and no one was there. a frown appeared on my face.

"I'm behind you babo." A person knocked my head with a roll of paper.

"Ouch! Who-Oh? Hi Sunbae!" I bowed 90 degrees and sent my crush laughing like crazy.

"Hahahaha! What am I, a grandpa? Stop being so formal. Just call me Rocky. By the way, I have something to ask you."

I furrowed my brows. "What is it?"

Minhyuk didn't reply, and instead decided to put his hands at the back of his neck. 

"Hmm?" I pressured him on to answer.

"So... Well, erm..." He hesitated. "Do you... perhaps have time tomorrow after school?"

My heart rate picked up fast.

"Why?"

"Well, Erm" He coughs. "I mean, if you have time, i'd like to know you better."

My eyes sparkled. "Is it perhaps... a date?"

A little shocked at my bold statement, he stammered. "Y-yeah! If you would want it to be, of course!"

My lips slowly broke into a smile, and then a laugh at how ridiculous this situation is. And then a big smile.

"I think my palms are getting sweaty again." I joked. Minhyuk smiled a little.

"Did you take a test again?" He teased.

"Maybe." I grinned like an idiot. "Tomorrow at 3pm?"

Minhyuk chuckled. "Sure!" 

"I can't wait for tomorrow." I beamed.

Minhyuk grinned. "Me too." 

 


Thank you for reading~ If you liked my stories do vote and comment for request or feedbacks. Thank you! :)