The Search for Sicheng's Lines

The Search for Sicheng's Lines

The quest started randomly. On a random day.

Kun was just chilling by the Han River, tempted to take a selca when a shout of his name from a distance caught his attention.

He looked to where it came from to see Sicheng, his friend, running to him looking very distressed.

"Kun-gege!!!" Sicheng wailed while running to Kun, gaining attention from other passerby and tourists in the Han River.

Kun quickly ran over to Sicheng to shut him up, using his right hand to cover Sicheng's mouth, whose whines were escaping.

"Sicheng-ah, what's wrong? Also, lower your voice and dont just scream my name off like that. We're in public." Kun scolded Sicheng as he led them to where Kun was chilling earlier.
"But Kun-gege~" Sicheng whined, almost throwing a tantrum and it took Kun two hands on Sicheng's shoulders to calm him down. "I need to find my lines~!"

Lines? What lines is he talking about?

"Sicheng, lines you say?" Kun asked.
"Yes gege! My lines!" Sicheng almost wailed again.
"Calm down Sicheng-ah. Now tell me, what... lines are you talking about?" Kun asked carefully.

He noticed Sicheng turned red.

"Just," Sicheng paused. "Special kind of lines gege, you dont need to know what specific lines it is just... help me find it gege." Sicheng pouted, his eyes b with tears.
"Okay okay, lets look for it but how..?" 
"We'll go look for it all over the world. I'll take care of the expenses and all youre gonna repay me is with ice cream, and helping me find my lines."
"Alright. Take a selca with me first."

Kun thought, maybe the phrase "searching for Sicheng's lines" is just another word for "travelling around the world with Sicheng".

And he can go with that, he thought as they took a selca and uploaded it.

///

The duo first went to Japan, then Thailand, France, Germany, Italy, America, Australia, and Maldives.

And when they were there, at the places they went, Kun treated Sicheng his promised ice cream, making them taste ice cream /almost/ all over the world.

They were at their last stop, the Philippines. Sicheng was the one who actually insisted to go here, and Kun dosent see any reason to disagree.

They went around tourists spots and ate some exotic foods, and met friendly people.

And of course, they wouldnt miss the ice cream treat, which is what the citizens call 'dirty ice cream.'

Right now, Kun and Sicheng were on the beach, side by side, watching the sun set on the horizon.

"I dont think I'm ever gonna find my lines." Sicheng sighed, causing Kun to look at him.
"Why not?" Kun asked.
"Gege cant you see? We've been travelling for almost 2 months and we still found nothing." Sicheng pouted.

The two stayed silent again until Kun spoke up.

"Well I found something."

Sicheng turned to look at him. "What is it gege?"

"Sicheng, the main goal of this travel was to find your lines. We went to Japan, America, and many other places but here we are, on our last destination and we thought we havent found nothing but... I did found something." Kun paused. "Sicheng you know what? I dont think I am here for the lines anymore. I am here because youre here, with me, treating you ice cream and sitting here on the warm beach. Travelling with you, made me realize how much you mean to me, how much I care for you and how much I am in love with you. All these weeks I've traveled with you made me realize those things. I may not have found your lines but I found love, and its all because of you." Kun sighed.

"Dong Sicheng, I love you."

The silent atmosphere embraced them again, until Sicheng spoke up.

"Gege, the words you said... are they true?" Sicheng mumbled as he avoided Kun's gaze.
"I wouldnt tell you if it wasnt true right?" Kun half-laughed. "I'm gonna go pack our things for our flight tomorrow before we eat dinner okay?"

Before Sicheng could say anything, Kun stood up and left

 Sicheng there, on the sand.

"But gege, I didnt get any chance to tell you what I also feel." Sicheng sighed. "I also found love gege, and its all because of you too."

"Qian Kun, I love you too."

/// 

The flight back to Korea was silent. 

Not until they landed, Kun tried to talk to Sicheng who was walking ahead of Kun.

"Sicheng."
"..." 
"Sicheng-ah"
"..."

"Dammit." Kun cursed under his breath and ran to grab Sicheng by the arm.

He pulled Sicheng towards him and placed his soft lips on Sicheng's own lips.

All Kun wanted was to kiss Sicheng for the last time before things turned cold between them.

He didnt expect Sicheng to kiss him back.

They kissed in the middle of the airport grounds. It wasnt anything big, just a long peck on the lips and the two wouldnt say that there is nothing special they felt when their lips met.

When they felt they're running out of breath, they broke away, smiling.

"So you love me too?" Kun teased.
"Well yeah, you didnt let me speak up last night. I was about to tell you the feeling's mutual, stupid." Sicheng giggled.

Kun ruffled Sicheng's hair as he looked at him fondly. 

"I love you." 
"I love you too."

But then, all good things come to an end.

The two heard familiar screams on the distance, which caught their attention and oh god.

There is this embarrassing "Welcome back Winwin and Kunkun" sign which looked like it was made of chicken's feet and is held by a bunch of guys screaming.

"Theyre so embarrassing."
"I know."

They walked over to the guys who was half-screaming, half-squealing while slapping each other.

"OH MY GOD I SAW THE TWO OF YOU KISSED." Yuta shouted which was embarrassing, and it caused other people to look at them.
"Shut up Yuta, youre so embarrassing." Taeyong scolded and faced the two smiling. "How was the trip? We missed you." 
"Yeah, how is America?" Jaehyun asked.
"Everything is good. Its all good." Sicheng answered while smiling bashfully.
"You know what, lets talk in the car so we can take down this embarrassing banner." Doyoung spoke up.
"I agree." Kun laughed.

///

"I still cant believe you fell in love with each other while travelling." Those were the words Taeil said to them and up until now, those still rang to their ears.

Both of them too, cant believe they fell in love with each other while travelling.

Kun looked at the lad beside him, who was so breathtakingly beautiful even with him just admiring the view of the Han River even when they went here thousands of times.

Kun thought, back then, the phrase "searching for Sicheng's lines" is just another word for travelling around the world with Sicheng".

But now, for him, the phrase "searching for Sicheng's lines" is just another word for "searching for love, thats already been there".