Fin.

Doctor Stranger

Lisa just finished a 36-hour shift at the hospital and she was exhausted. She's still wondering why Chaeyoung didn't show up for work, and she was worried. But besides that, she was also kind of annoyed because she needed to cover a part of Chaeyoung's shift until someone can completely cover the shift. She got off the bus, and walked very slowly with her head down. She was pretty sure she looked like a zombie but she couldn't care less about what other people think. She was tired, exhausted but those words are an understatement for her. It was 2 in the morning for goodness' sake and all she wanted to do was curl up in her bed and sleep for more than 12 hours. She was fishing for her keys inside her bag when she almost tripped over something— no someone. She was startled and bent over the man who was lying on the ground who seemed unconscious. The man had wounds all over his body, it seemed like he was beaten to a pulp. She checked for a pulse and felt relieved when she found one. 

 

I'm calling an ambulance, she said and grabbed her phone from her pocket. 

 

The man for some reason immediately became conscious and grabbed her arm. Startled by the action, Lisa immediately stood up. 

 

Please don't take me to the hospital, I can't afford being found out, please. The man begged weakly. Even though Lisa knew she had to take him to a hospital, she felt sorry and just decided to do what he asked for. 

 

I won't take you to the hospital but will you let me help you? I have to take you inside though, I can't treat you here outside my gate. Lisa tried hard to sound a bit cheerful saying the last sentence and gave the man a small smile. She bent down, and offered her hand. 

 

The man gave her a small smile as well and tried to stand up with her help. She struggled to take him inside since he was so much taller and heavier than she is but thankfully she managed. 

 

Make yourself comfortable, I'm just going to get my kit. Lisa said and made her way to the kitchen to get a glass of water and to get her kit as well. 

 

Lisa came back and gave the man the glass, he said thanks and drank it all in one go. She found it amusing and smiled. She started to settle all of her things onto the table, and the man questioned her. 

 

Isn't that too much for a first-aid kit? The man asked her sounding amused.

 

She gave him a cheeky smile and said Well, it might be for you but not for me. I'm a doctor so these are all necessary for my kit. 

 

You're a doctor? Sorry I didn't know, my bad. The man said, while scratching his head in embarrassment.

 

Lisa just smiled and started to examine his wounds. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get all of these? The guy who gave you all of these seem like a strong puncher. 

 

Ah that, The man started speaking, well you're right about the guy being a strong puncher but then, they were guys. I think 5 dudes did this to me so yeah. I don't really want to talk about it

 

Lisa just nodded and started to clean up the wounds. Hey, I need to stitch up a few of your wounds, I hope that's okay with you. 

 

The man just nodded and continued to stay silent. The rest of the treatment was pretty silent, with Lisa occasionally asking the man if he was feeling a bit of pain. 

 

Lisa finished up the last stitch and said, Well, it's done already. It should quickly heal up, give it a few days to weeks and your face will be good as new. 

 

The man chuckled at her words and said, You make it seem like I had plastic surgery. 

 

Lisa just smiled apologetically and started fixing her things. Just as she was about to ask if the man was hungry, he stood up and started to say goodbye.

 

Hey, I really appreciate all of this, he said while gesturing to his face, Thank you really, but I have to go. I'll make it up to you the next time I see you, I promise. 

 

Are you sure you're alright?   Lisa asked with a bit of worry. 

 

The man just nodded and smiled. He gave her a little bow and headed towards the door. 

 

Hey, wait. Lisa half-shouted. The man turned around and looked at her curiously. Lisa walked toward him and said, I'm Lisa, what's your name? 

 

The man can't help but smile at her, and finally had a first impression of her. She was kind, gentle, and most of all— innocent. The man just shook his head, he can't have a girl like her in his life. He's too much, even he can't handle himself. But for some reason the man can't resist her wide and expectant eyes. 

 

Lisa was waiting for an answer, she was nervous because the man seemed hesitant in giving her his name. Just as she was about to say, nevermind, the man finally spoke.

 

My name's Sehun. I hope I can meet you again. The man gave her one last dazzling smile and left her. Lisa was hearing her heart beat loudly and she can't believe that one smile can have such an effect on her. Sehun, I hope I can meet you again too. She thought.