Hakyeon's p.o.v

Soulmate.

           At first, he hated the whole soulmate fiasco. To him, it just screams hurt and pain. He's seen people being torn apart when their soulmates die, allegedly due to half of their soul being ripped away from them. So, really, the cursive name etched into his shoulder bothers him a bit because he now can't wear tank tops in order to not expose his soulmate's name to the world. 

 

 

       When he joined Jellyfish as a trainee, he watched destiny meddle into this whole soulmate thing, watch as one by one, the trainees found each other's soulmate, Jaehwan with Wonshik, Nakhun with Daewon and suprisingly Hongbin and Sanghyuk. He was there to calm Hongbin down, as the younger rage; 'Why is that brat my soulmate?! '
Now, 3 years into their debut, it never fails to bring a smile onto his face as he watched Hongbin and Sanghyuk plot the demise of fellow member, Taekwoon. The both of them are inseperable (and insufferable).

 

 

         Which brings him to wonder, who is Taekwoon's soulmate? Different people have different timing in which their soulmate marks appear Taekwoon's certainly didn't appear while they were trainees because up until their comeback with Rock Your Body, Taekwoon has been wearing tank tops and flashing his HUMONGOUS guns a.k.a his monstrous biceps. And then one day he just stops wearing it. If he had to guess, Taekwoon's mark probably appeared somewhere between rock your body and On and On. 

 

 

            As for him, the members have been pestering him about his mark, and he has been strongly adamant to not show anyone his mark since the first day he started stretching out with a trainee that has the softest voice he had ever heard. Why? Because that trainee's name was already embedded on his shoulder before he has a chance to introduce himself to Hakyeon. For years starting from debut until now, Hakyeon has been trying to get Taekwoon's attention, to not only make him feel comfortable with the group but also to ask him about his soulmark since it appeared later than the other 5 of them. At first, Hakyeon cried over it every night, always reminding himself that this soulmate thing is bull and a scam because how can someone's soulmate hate their own soulmate and avoids contact with said soulmate? He has to repeat the mantra 'Soulmates aren't real' under his breath everyday to soothe the gaping wound in his heart from being frequently rejected by Taekwoon. Even so, curse his weak, soft heart, he couldn't help but keep trying to get close to Taekwoon. He decided that forced contact is better than no contact at all. Although one does seem to wonder, why would you push away your soulmate??. The question loops in Hakyeon's mind every night and he prays that he will get his answer soon. That is until, he finally got it one day. 

 

 

            No one knows how it happened but here he is with Taekwoon having a shouting fight in the middle of their dormitories with the other 4 members cowering and hiding in the safety of their room. It is indeed rare to see the two eldest members being explodingly angry because usually Hakyeon is calm when he is angry and Taekwoon is silent when he is angry. So the sight of both of them screaming insults at each other brings a chill down their spine. Finally running out of steam, Taekwoon turned to leave the dorm and yes, although they have a 10 minute cooldown rule, no one is allowed to leave so that confrontation cannot be avoided so Hakyeon reached out to stop him. Even if he cowers a little at Taekwoon's glare when he grabbed the other's wrist.

 

 

         Trying to placate the other into staying, Taekwoon wasn't having any of it however as he attempts to wrench his hand out of Hakyeon's grip. Hakyeon's grip slipped and he was left tugging on Taekwoon's long sleeves instead, pulling it down to reveal the all time mysterious soulmate mark on his shoulders and oh. 

 

Oh. 

 

Shin MinAh. 

 

Instead of Cha Hakyeon's name, there was a girl's name etched into his shoulder. Hakyeon felt his grip slackened and Taekwoon wasted no time, immediately fleeing when he was released. 

 

Numb. 

 

Hakyeon felt his legs shake before they gave in and he collapsed on the many scattered shoes in front of the door. He curled up into a fetus position and gentle rocked himself, eyes dry of tears because tears are reserved for times when he was alone on the rooftop but his lips were repeating a sentence non-stop. Even when the members attempted to extract him from. The floor and carry him to the comfort of their room,he still didn't stop reciting the sentence. 

'Soulmates aren't real, Soulmates aren't real.'