Ride Along

The Moments We'll Forever Cherish

Bo Young’s stomach was fluttering and she felt as though her heart would burst.

She tried to take deep breaths to calm herself but it was impossible. She wouldn’t calm down until Hyungsik wasn't in her proximity, when she couldn't smell his intoxicating cologne with every breath or listen to his sweet voice as he sang along to the car radio. It’s okay, don't breathe, just focus on the road ahead of you.

The Strong Woman Do Bong Soon staff celebrated her birthday tonight and while she appreciated it, Hyungsik driving her home was the highlight of it all.

She tried to refuse his invitation but he wouldn't give in saying that it would give him an opportunity give her his gift in private. Private? Private!? Why couldn't he do it with the staff watching. That way she wouldn't have to endure his stares and sweet words.

Ottoke, I can't look at him without hyperventilating. How am I going to have a conversation-

“So,” Hyungsik’s voice breaking her thoughts “if I play a ZE:A song right now, could you sing it all the way?”

Bo Young couldn't help but smile. “Aishh, first of all how egotistical of you. How does someone have their own songs on their playlist?” Truthfully, she was glad about his teasing. He broke the awkward air between them and gave the butterflies in her stomach a rest. What was she worried about? It was just Hyungsik.

Except that it was Hyungsik. He was beautiful, tall, kind, loving and somewhat humble; he sang to her, he made her laugh, he took care of everyone -especially her- and he was just so bright. It didn't hurt her eyes, it just made her want to look at him all day; trace her hand along his jaw, his cheeks and place her lips on his full, pink, soft looking- stop it Bo Young.

“Besides,” she continued, “I don’t know the majority of the words of any song. Kwanghee Oppa only had about two lines per song.” She snuck a look at Hyungsik. His brows were furrowed and he repeated her words carefully to himself.

“Kwanghee had two lines per song……………….YAH! Are you saying that he’s your bias?” He indignantly looked at her. She coughed to hide her smirk and tried to act nonchalant.

“Look at the road ahead of you please. I don't want to die on the day of my birth. And why not? He’s handsome, funny, kind, and happy. Just my type.” Hyungsik grumbled.

He tried to change the subject before he made himself irrationally jealous. “Anyway, can you guess what I’m giving you for your birthday?”

“A new guitar?”

“Nope.”

“Tickets to a Park Hyo Shin concert?”

“No, but if you want I could arrange that…”

“A hug from Ailee?”

“No, but I can transfer my hug from her to you..?”

“Anya, it’s not the same. I still can’t believe you got hug Ailee.”

“Someone sounds jealous.” He smirked and Bo Young internally sighed at how y it looked.

“I am of you, not her. How did you shower after that?”

“Believe me, I- Ow!” She had smacked his arm incredibly hard. “I wasn’t going to say anything bad! Jeez woman, your smacks hurt more after every episode we film.” She rolled her eyes but she couldn't help her laughter.

 

This what she loved about her relationship with Hyungsik. The easiness, the teasing, and their conversations especially. While this one was light hearted, they’ve had very serious ones. They’ve talked about insecurities, depression, and past relationships in the past three months. He broke through every one of her walls and she didn't even notice. It felt like she’s known him all her life. Their alikeness reminded her a line from one of her favorite books. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same”

She was in love. She already knew this of course. She’s been attracted to Hyungsik from the very first time she saw him performing on stage. She has been starstruck ever since she saw him at the script reading. She let herself acknowledge her interest from episode three and slowly, like falling asleep, she fell in love.

She knew he at least liked her back. However, it could be infatuation, and that's what made her afraid to tell him. Hyungsik’s feelings for her could end the minute he meets another girl he likes. Or-Or a foreigner who could speak Korean! Yes, she had pathetically stayed up at night reading his interviews and watching the previous dramas he’s been in. She couldn't help it. She missed his presence when he was away from her.

She suddenly noticed the car wasn’t moving and she slowly looked to her left. Hyungsik had just parked the car outside her apartment and faced her, smiling softly. She sat up quickly, her hair disarray, cursing at herself for dozing off. She wasted so much alone time!

“I didn't disturb you in case you were falling asleep .” He leaned in so, so close that she could count every individual eyelash of his.

The way he stared at her. He made her feel beautiful. He made her powerful. He made her feel wanted. He made her feel as though she could do anything she set her mind to. He set aside any insecurity that she had about herself, about them.

His long elegant fingers reached and swiped the hair on her face behind her ear. He didn't move his hand, instead cupping her face and her cheek bone lovingly.

She took a deep breath. Show him. Be brave and show him. She hesitantly raised her hand to trace his cute elfin ear. She felt his body tremble as she slid her hand down his jaw and traced his beautiful lips. She unconsciously brought her face closer to his, tilting her head, their noses nudging.

Her eyes closed as she felt his warm breath on her lips and she waited for the pressure his lips on hers-