Corrupted

Corrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bass of electronic music was blasting in the background. The only light source was from the flashing lights on the dance floor, accompanied by the phones of those sitting around. With people trying to speak louder than the already booming music, the noise level was giving Momo the worse headache of her life.

 

She was on a mission with her team, waiting for their target to make a move. She settled herself at the bar counter and ordered herself a non-alcoholic drink. “So why are you here alone?” The bartender asked. “You don’t seem to be going through a break up since you ordered coke.”

 

Although her eyes were solely focused on the bartender before her, her ears picked up through her in-ear. “The bartender is one of Taker’s girls.” She played with the cup in front of her, tracing the rim of the glass as she answered, “maybe I am.”

 

The bartender smiled, hands busy making an order she just received. “I’m in luck then,” she placed a glass in front of Momo. “It’s on me.”

 

“Drink it.” Her leader’s voice sounded through the in-ear. Although that was the loudest voice she heard, murmurs were going on in the background. She perked her ears up, trying to make out what was going on in the background.

 

“Don’t drink it, Momo, it’s probably drugged.”

 

“That’s the point of the plan! If Momo doesn’t get drugged, then we’re ed.”

 

“It’s still a no, I’m not going to let her be out there risking her life.” Momo was trying had to keep her poker face, hoping that the bartender did not catch the slight grin she had on her lips.

 

“Really Chaeyoung? Since when were feelings allowed in missions?”

 

“Since the day I decided that Momo was mine.” The smile on Momo’s face was almost reflex. She put her head down and massaged her jaw.

 

Momo got her phone out and texted Chaeyoung.

Seriously chae? We’re gonna blow this mission if you continue your sweet talk. Anyways tell Jihyo I’m drinking it, and don’t be mad alright, it’s for the mission. I know you’re gonna come save me anyways. Love ya~

 

The last thing Momo heard through the in-ear was Chaeyoung screaming curses at her before she took it off to prevent it from giving away their mission. She left it on a chair beside hers as someone dressed in black came by and took it away.

 

Momo lifted her head up and she was met with a pair of eyes. “What’s with that face? Did I just lose my chance right in front of me?”

 

“How sure are you about that?” Momo raised her right brow and down the glass of alcohol that was given to her. The bartender lowered her head and giggled. Momo shut her eyes, and leaned back, hoping that those death curses that Chaeyoung threw at her wouldn’t be coming true. She sighed. She wouldn’t want that to be her final thoughts. Opening her eyes, she was met with another glass in front of her.

 

“Could you wait till I get off work?” The lips of the bartender curled up. If Momo wasn’t afraid of hurting her friend, she would have genuinely fallen for a smile like that. The organisation they were facing does have taste for women. Momo smiled back not because she was polite. A rodent just got caught in a mousetrap, why would she not be happy. “Anything for a beauty like you.”

 

She checked her phone. 1.28 AM, 24 unread messages. 32 more minutes, she told herself as she slowly sips from the glass. Resting her sides on the bar counter, she watches the dance floor. Ladies with body-hugging dresses that would reveal almost everything if they had taken too big of a step, grinding on whoever their eyes meet. Had she not met Jihyo, she would have been one of them or even worst, dead. It’s ironic how she’s knocking on death’s door at the moment.

 

Before she could even order for a new glass, the bartender served her one. “I don’t know what else you could be if you weren’t a bartender.” Momo joked.

 

“Well, I could be your girlfriend.” Momo’s heart skipped a beat. Why did this girl in front of her have to be someone she’s up against? Momo took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Can you?”

 

“The decision is in your hands.” The bartender walked off to serve other customers. Momo checked her phone again. 4 minutes before 2 AM. At the corner of her eyes, she saw the bartender walked towards the back before her vision turned hazy and her body limp. The last thing she felt was a thud on her head.

 

-

 

The van door opened to reveal a Jeongyeon dressed in black as she climbed on, complaining. “Okay, speak, who allowed a child on this mission?”

 

“Mind you, I’m not a child.” Chaeyoung retorted, glaring from the back seat with her arms crossed.

 

“Then keep your feelings to yourself. We all know Momo’s not gonna date you, you aren’t her type.” Jeongyeon stuck out her tongue, making a bleh sound. Before Chaeyoung could growl back at the older, she was put to a stop by Jihyo’s glare.

 

“We are going to wait for them to send this number a text which includes the website and the time. When they do, Dahyun, try to trace the number. Chaeyoung, you try to trace the IP address of the website. And Jeongyeon, you keep watch on the live and comment that holds them back from progressing. I will go with Tzuyu to the club to look for clues to their whereabouts.” Jihyo had a look of determination on her face. She wasn’t going to let Momo down. Not today. Not ever.

 

“Everyone’s gone, I got us 20 minutes to look around.” Tzuyu’s voice was heard over the speaker.

 

It didn’t take long for Jihyo to meet up with Tzuyu. With the owner’s permission, they head towards the female’s locker room. “Nayeon, Sana and Mina, right?” Tzuyu confirmed.

 

“Yep, can you open these three girls’ lockers for us?” It sounded more like an order rather than a question. Without hesitation, the owner opened the three lockers for them to investigate. Jihyo went to the first locker on the right. “Mina huh,” the locker was neat with her uniform kept at the side with her towel folded nicely on the bottom of the locker. Shower essentials were placed in a row at the side. Jihyo reached her hands into the pockets of the uniform, looking for anything small that could lead them to somewhere but to no avail.

 

Tzuyu stood in front of another locker, one with the name, Sana. It was a mess. As though her entire house was squeezed into the small locker. She scanned through, hands refusing to touch anything to prevent the items from falling out. She notes the towel is fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter