one.

what’s that in your mouth?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the hottest day of the year, atleast that’s what Seulgi thought as she found herself running to the bus stop. Her heart sunk at the sight of her bus pulling up to her stop four minutes early, suddenly feeling a wave of anger she ran the fastest she’s ever ran in her life, determined to catch the bus. 

Are you ing kidding me? she thought to herself, extremely annoyed. She did not run just to miss the bus. 

As Seulgi neared the stop, her eye caught a glimpse of an old woman making her way very slowly to the bus from the platform. iconic. She thought to herself, a new feeling of hope sparking within her. The old woman made it about halfway to the bus doors when Seulgi arrived, sweat dripping from her forehead. She cursed the bus driver for arriving early “stupid ” she muttered under breath with an obvious tone of disgust. 

The old woman in front of her quickly whipped her head around and glared. Seulgi’s eyes widened as she quickly opened to apologize, the old woman sped off onto the bus in annoyance and Seulgi followed after her, silently thanking her for walking slow earlier. 

Seulgi walked towards the back of the bus not before giving the driver a glare for almost making her late. She noticed the bus had virtually no one on it so she decided to treat herself and put her backpack on the seat beside her. Still out of breath from her grueling unplanned morning workout, Seulgi took her out her phone to see her work schedule for the day. 

“Yes!” Seulgi muttered to herself as she read her schedule, the names Joy and Wendy brought her mood up significantly. Seulgi sighed in contentment at the thought of all the food she would be eating today. There was nothing she loved more than working with her friends, it was like being paid to hang out and snack. 

Seulgi wasn’t sure what she would do if she had been paired with an overachiever or a snitch, she was feeling particularly hungry right now and she didn’t have the patience to deal with a hard . The thing about her job is that employees are not allowed to eat on shift because it’s “stealing”. Seulgi laughed at the thought. She believed the managers just wanted to make sure nobody had fun.

Considering the amount of food we throw away at the end of the night they should be thanking me for making the amount of waste significantly less. She thought bemusedly. 

Seulgi almost didn’t notice her bus pulling into the station, hurriedly she grabbed her backpack and prepared to leave. When she stepped out into the summer heat Seulgi wished she wore something lighter. Fashion over comfort my . She thought, feeling the sweat forming on her forehead. 

“Seulgi! Did you see today’s schedule?” She heard a voice call out from behind her. She turned around to find her best friend Wendy grinning at her. “Did I? today is gonna be so fun!” Seulgi replied matching Wendy’s excited tone. Wendy agreed as she dragged her to the employee shuttle bus. As they filed into the bus, sitting in their unassigned usual seats Seulgi noticed someone was missing. “Hey, where’s Joy?” she asked Wendy, confusion in her voice. “Yeah, I think she called in, so it’s just us.” she replied dejectedly. Seulgi nodded as she put her headphones in, working with Wendy will still be fun so it’s whatever. she thought to herself while preparing to sleep for the forty minute bus ride. 

Seulgi work up with a start as someone violently shook her awake, “Ow! What the Wendy?” she yelled as the sight of her best friend greeted her. “What? We’re here.” Wendy replied innocently. Seulgi stood up and tiredly walked to the employee lounge. As she sat down to listen to the daily brief which usually consists of corny jokes and weather forecasts Seulgi felt eyes trained on her, she looked up and locked eyes with Irene, trying her best not to be rude Seulgi awkwardly smiled at Irene but she was met with an eyeroll and an annoyed sigh. Rude. Seulgi thought to herself, she doesn’t remember doing anything to Irene for her to react like this. 

Seulgi soon forgot about Irene’s rude behaviour because her manager started the daily briefing. As per usual Seulgi zoned out and waited for it to end, she was brought back to reality by her manager addressing her. 

“Sorry?” Seulgi asked as she missed what was said. “You will be working with Irene today because we need Wendy to work the cotton candy booth.” Her manager explained once again in a sickenly sweet voice. “Oh” Seulgi replied in a dejected voice. As she locked eyes with Wendy who also had an expression of utter defeat, her manager dismissed everyone and let them prepare their stations. “Looks like today won’t be as fun as we thought.” Wendy said to Seulgi as they walked to their lockers. Seulgi agreed and proceeded to put her belongings away. “I can’t believe you have to work cotton candy today, I feel bad for your shoes.” Seulgi told Wendy while focusing on her all white sneakers. Wendy whined softly but then had an expression of relief. Seulgi gave her a confused look as she starting laughing. “My shoes may get ruined but atleast I don’t have to work with Irene” Wendy continued while cackling. Seulgi rolled her eyes while waiting for her best friend to calm down. “Come on, she can’t be that bad, I’ll make her do atleast one fun thing today watch.” Seulgi challenged. “Yeah good luck with that, you can’t even talk to her without stuttering.” Wendy said while giggling. “Shut up. Let’s clock in.” Seulgi grumbled while dragging Wendy along. 

Seulgi almost left with Wendy to go to her station but was stopped by an unfamiliar voice calling out to her, she turned around to find Irene looking at her confused, “Where are you going?” Irene asked amusement evident in her tone. “Oh right, so do you want to get the float or set up?” Seulgi asked understanding what Irene was asking. “I’ll get the float, I have to talk to manager Kim anyway.” Irene explained, a sense of superiority emitting from her. Of course you do, kiss . Seulgi thought as she began walking towards the mini donut stand. 

Today is going to be a hell of a long day. Seulgi thought to herself while preparing the fryers and donut batter. Luckily for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter