enO

One Day At A Time

Chapter One: Maple Syrup

Music filled my small room, as my phone’s alarm roared to life. I stared at it for a while, before hitting the snooze button. I yawned and I began to drift back to sleep. The phone buzzed again, and this time the screen , blinding me slightly. I peeked through one eye and looked at the time.
“Oh ” I said, as I sat up rather quickly, struggling to get out of bed. It was eight twenty-five in the morning, and I was already late.

I rushed to the bathroom and jumped into the shower. A yelp escaped my mouth, as the cold water hit my body. Thankfully my hair didn’t feel very dirty, so I pinned it up. I only had ten minutes to shower, and over the years of being on the go. I had come up with a trusty system. I took my loofa and I focused on the five crucial areas: face, pits, , vag, and . It’s fast, it’s efficient, and it left me feeling clean. My alarm rang once again, as I finished rinsing the suds off my body.

I dried myself off as much as I could, and I wrapped the towel around my torso. I looked at myself in the mirror and began to poke at my face. At least, I didn’t look that dead for someone who only slept 5 hours. I ran my left hand through my hair to detangle it as much as possible, while blow drying any wet areas from the shower. I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath. I shook my head and quickly changed into a grey t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I speed walked out the bathroom and towards the kitchen with my shoes in hand. I grabbed my things, and I shoved my feet into my shoes. You can do this, I mentally told myself. My alarm rang once again and I was out the door.

As I waited for the bus, I reached into my backpack to pull out my headphones. I furrowed my eyebrows as I couldn’t feel them in their usual spot. I took off my backpack to look for them. . They weren’t there. I feared I had left them at home. If I go for them now, with my luck the bus will surely pass by. I began to pat myself down. It sort of looked like I was dance the macerna. I let out a sigh, and put on my backpack again. If I can’t find them now, I won’t find them at all. I just hope they were in my room somewhere.
The bus pulled up, and I as I got my money out from my jean pocket, I pulled out my headphones instead. I laughed at myself I must have left them inside there from yesterday.

“Good morning!” I greeted the driver with a small smile as I paid my bus fee. I typically made small talk with the driver, but I could tell he wasn’t in the mood today. I bowed my head as I thank him, and made my way to the back of the bus. I took the usual seat. I placed my headphones into my ears, and I let the music welcome me.

“ You have reached your final destination…” I stepped out of the train cart, and made my way up the stairs. The escalator had already become packed with too many people with a lot of attitude, with zero patience, and in a hurry to get to their destination.

As I got to the top, my phone buzzed, and Wendy’s message popped on my screen. I quickly opened it.

“SeulSeul, today is new day! Think happy thoughts, okay?^^”

I smiled and quickly replied. “How to think happy thoughts, when I’m effing hungry!!!!L”

“Ugh, saaame. It’s almost dinner time here! Hurry up and eat something dummy!”

“I am, I am. There’s this lady here at the station that sells the best waffles! I can smell them from where I am walking;;;”

“I want some! L”

“Fly Fly over here Seungwan! She has this maple syrup that reminds me of you ;;;”

“You such a meanie! I wish I could! I miss you so much Seul!
“I miss you too, Seung…hurry and come back;;”
“ Soon.”
“O~ enjoy your dinner, okay? I’m going to order now.
“ O~ xoxo <3”

“<3”

I tucked my phone into my back pocket. I pursed my lips as I thought of Wendy eating alone in her dorm, but knowing her she would already made some friends by now. I missed her deeply. I shook my head. Happy thoughts, I said to myself.

It was my turn to order, and I got the lady’s last batch of waffles.
“Mam’, do you have any of your homemade maple syrup?” I said, as I paid for my waffles.

“You’re taking my last packet,” She said happily. “I usually have tons left over.” She looked around a bit, as if she were lost for a moment. “Here it is! You can have it, since you’re my last customer.” She gave me a bright smile, while she started to clean up her stand.

“Thank you” I replied as I took the packet into my hands “If you ever have any more left over I’ll be happy to get them off your hands.”

She grinned and nodded her head. She seemed like such a nice old lady. I wonder why I never noticed it before. I should make an effort to talk to her more frequently. Maybe I can get more free syrup. I thought to myself as I ate.

“Mam’ , if I were to spill the syrup on me. How can I take it out?”

The old lady looked up, and smiled “First you have to soak it in water, once the sugar is lifted off. You grab a sponge and you add a few drops of vinegar to the affected area, with a sponge you pad it a bit- do not rub it in, finally let it sit for a while. Repeat ‘till it’s gone.”

“Good to know! I have to go now. Thank you, and take care!”

I gave her a small smile, and made my way to the next bus stop.

My phone buzzed again, I pulled it out, and this time Wheein’s name appeared on my screen. I had a missed call as well from her.

“I’m going to be late! The train stopped for some reason D: Don’t wait for me! T^T”

“Aww, try to make it! Hurry up!! R-U-N!!O-o;”
As I finished sending the message to Wheein, I got another message from Irene.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing much, just making my way to the next bus stop. What are you doing?

“Nothing just bored! I’m at work, but there isn’t much to do!”

“Hahaha, loser. to be you!>D”

“Shut up. I’m getting that paper tho.”

I looked up briefly to check where I was going, and I saw someone I tried really hard to stay away from. In fact, he was crossinng the street, and making his way to the same bus stop. I frantically texted Irene, my fingers trembling over the keys as I did.
“Red Alert!!” I never thought I would be typing these words again. I bit my nail, as I waited for a reply. The phone buzzed and Irene’s message came through.
“Ohoho, now it to be you ;)”
My stomach started to twist and turn,as I sent Irene a middle finger emoji. I felt like I was seeing a ghost, but I didn't want to admit it. I knew from the bottom of the soles of my feet that I could not avoid Chen, the guy I was crazy "in love" with in highschool. He use to pull my heartstrings, and broke a few to be honest. I couldn't hide from him a lot, since we now went to the same univeristy. Maybe if I did pretended that Chen was a ghost, he would go away. This ghost from my past came forth and was taking shape right in front of me. A ghost I tried so hard to forget. Maybe pretending wouldn’t be too bad. The only downside to that is I knew that I wouldn't be able to ignore him. Why today out of all the days did I have to see him? Why? Why? I wish I could bang my head into a light post.
Cool and compose, I told myself as I exhaled. I held my head high, and narrowed my eyes; glaring at the buses or at any bird that passed by. But I’m sure it looked like I was scowling like I had the sun in my eyes.

The closer I got my hands started feeling damp. I quickly glanced towards his direction and for a second I thought he was observing me. I’m sure he glared at me; that boy hated my guts. I stopped a few feet from him. He decided to walk off, but as he passed by me, it seemed like he had brought with him the Siberian winds. Chills crept up my neck.

I wanted to crawl under a bus and never get out. Chen you are such an ; you are a jerk, a dickhead, a head, a face, and still so handsome. I wanted to tell him all these things, but he wasn’t at fault. It was my fault for allowing him to affect me this way. But still, you, Chen.**

I bit the inside of my cheeks, and decided to look forward. Cool and composed, I repeated in my head like a mantra. The bus arrived and so did an out of breath Wheein.
Wheein and I had a system that we had developed in order to secure seats. I would get on first and get the first seats that are empty, while she paid for both of us. There was no way in hell that I would be standing up. Not with this driver, he had a habit of driving a bit too on the crazy side. I was one the first few to get on the bus, and I managed to snatch two seats in the back. I sat on the seat close the aisle, while she sat on the window seat.

Wheein took out her notes and began to study. I on the other hand, tried not to spill the packet of maple syrup. I wanted Wheein to try it out, but I couldn’t ask her to do it now. If she failed this today's exam, she would blame it on me, because I took time out of her last minute “study” time.

There is something I learned the more I took public transportation. There is no such thing as personal space. Going into any public transportation thinking that there will be, is a completely wrong notion. It is a flat out lie. There is more truth in the world being flat, than having personal space in a bus. I say this because Chen here was really close. He was in front of me, and facing my way. I need him to be hundred feet away from me, so that I can function as a proper human being. Good thing, this bus ride was only fifteen minutes, only.

I tried to ignore him. I really did, honest to heart. I played with the edge of the maple syrup packet, making the hole a lot bigger. I tried skipping the music I was listening to, but no avail. I kept stealing glances. He had gotten more handsome, since the last time I saw him. I could hear thumping in my ears, so I took out my headphones. There was no point in keeping them on, if I wasn’t going to concentrate on the music. Strange and amusing, isn't? Here’s the thing old me would have died there on the spot for a chance like this, but the new me wanted to slightly strangle him—not really, figuratively, of course— well also figuratively. I just hated the way he made me feel. He looked up from what he was doing, and made eye contact with me. I kept on staring pretending to look beyond him, or at least look like I had zoned out. I shook my head rapidly, and I nudged Wheein’s side.

“How’s the studying?”

“I am literally going to die—I can’t seem to remember the circle of fifths. It looks so damn easy on paper!” Wheein crumbled her notes and sighed as she rested her head on my shoulder. “I should just quit school and start a vloging channel.”

I scoffed as I flicked her forehead, “Yeah, you do that Wheein.” I flatten out her notes and handed them back to her. “Keep on studying.”

She nodded her head as response. I shook my head, and took out my cellphone. I could distract myself on Facebook, instead of having my eyes wonder towards his direction.

KANG SEULGI STATUS UPDATE:

This is a bus ride from hell. Expect pictures soon. :P

Bae Joohyun: Suuure “from hell”. You know you like it. Red alert!!! <3<3

Kang Seulgi: I am going to block you.

Bae Joohyun: Oh no, what will I ever do? /3

FACEBOOK NOTIFCATION: Kim Jongin wants to be your friend.[ACCEPT]//[DENY]

        “Kim Jongin? Who is that?” I said in a whisper. Jongin? Was it that guy I helped in the Library last time? Creepy. I looked at the name once again. No, I think his name was Park- something.

       I kept repeating the name in my head, just to see if I could form some type of connection to the name. I checked his profile, but there was only a picture in black and white of a person dancing.

      “Kim.Jong.In.” I said to myself a little louder, as if by doing this I could obtain any memory of such name. “…Kim Jongin…Dancing... Oh …” I took out my phone and quickly pulled up Wend's chat.

           “ SEUNG!! SEUNG! GUESS wHO SENT ME A FRIEND REQUEST?”

           “ WHO?”

“ KIM JONGIN”
“ WHO?”
 “-.-;;”

      Wheein gave me a weird glance, but she decided to focus back to her notes. My phone buzzed in my hands.

“ KIM JONGIN? AS IN THE GUY YOU USE TO HAVE A CRUSH ON IN MIDDLE SCHOOL, THAT KIM JONG IN?
“YES!!111? OMG, WHAT SHOULD I DO ?”
“ HIT HIM UP! :D”
“YOU SWEAR! SHOULD I THOUGH?
“YES, DUMMY! HE DISSAPEEARED FOR SO LONG, and out of the blue he adds you? It’s kind of’ fishy...”

           “ U’re right. IT is fishy! D:”

            “ Yeah, like he didn’t even know of your existence, why would he friend you?”

“Wendy!--;”
“ Do you think it’s a legit profile?”

           “ idk… I should check it out more.”

          “ Mm. Tell me what you find && I’ll help you stalk his profile later. Kay?”

           “Ok. I’ll skype you later.”
            “Ok~”

            The bus driver took a very late fast right turn. I felt like I was going to fall out my seat, so I grabbed onto the handle. I had forgotten about the maple syrup in my hand. The sryup squished out the packet. I looked around to see where the syrup landed.

          I let out a gasp. “Oh …”

        Out of all the places in the bus, the maple syrup spilled onto Chen’s jacket. On the bright side, at least I knew how to remove the syrup... 
I hope.

 


I'm cringing so hard right now ;'))
Things I want clarify:
 asterisk numero uno:  I'm not  really sure that’s how it's done, I just had an idea of it? idk dik ;'))
asterisk numero dos: Okay,So I know I was a little harsh up there with the insults (i.e.:. Jerk. Dickhead. head..etc).  But the insults aren't directed to Chen, they are more insults towards my made up character of Chen, if that makes sense. :'D  Like I stated in the Foreword, "This Fan-fic is work of fiction..." So please do not get offended or think that I'm bashing Chen in any way or form. I love everything about Chen ;A; please don't send hate mail. I'm sensitive ;A;   
In the near future, you will get why Eunjae  Seulgi has those feeling towards this version of 'Chen'. Thank you for understanding ♥. 
                                                                                   You'll see. You'll see ;')

My writing is so bad, but I guess this is a way to iron out the wrinkles ;,))
I understand that my writing at this point is very " I am telling you what's going on" instead of "showing you what's going on"
I hope you dear reader can endure this ;')
I'm working on changing that, and it will take time.
I haven't written in such a long time. I'm rusty af :'(
So stick around,ye?
Comment and Subscribe if you like.
and if you don't well, I hope you have a very nice day/afternoon/night :')

Love, 
Jewels03

(P.S. I'm thinking of doing character backgrounds, but idk if I should?)