Bonus

Through The Rear-View Mirror

2 weeks before

As Jimin gave the customer the drink he ordered, his phone beeped. He took it out of his back pocket and saw that Seowoon had texted him. He said that he was going out with his friends tonight as well. Jimin replied, telling him to be careful and to not drink too much before sighing and putting his phone back in his pocket. Suddenly, Yoongi came to him.

“What got you sighing again ?” he asked, sitting down in front of his friend.

“Seowoon’s going out again tonight.” Jimin said.

“Again ? It’s been happening a lot lately.” Yoongi replied.

“I know what you’re thinking, hyung. Don’t say it.” Jimin said, sighing once again.

“I won’t say it since you already know. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I know. But it’ll soon be 3 years since we’ve been together.” Jimin replied.

“It doesn’t mean anything. Look at what happened between Taehyung and Jisoo.” Yoongi stated.

“It wasn’t the same. Jisoo realised that she wasn’t into boys. Seowoon is definitely gay.” Jimin replied. Just as Yoongi was going to answer, a customer asked a drink and so Jimin practically flew to serve him. Yoongi shook his head and got up, going somewhere.

 

The night of the first chapter

Jimin entered the bar and went straight to the counter where Yoongi was working. He sat right in front of him.

“Jimin? What are you doing at this hour on your free day?” he asked his friend.

“Seowoon broke up with me.” Jimin said. Yoongi sighed. “Don’t say it. Do not. I’ve been trying not to cry so do not open your mouth. Please.”

“Why did he break up?” Yoongi asked.

“He said that he didn’t feel the same anymore. That all the excitement he felt all this years was now gone.” Jimin answered.

“Such a .” Yoongi said and Jimin reached for a bottle of whisky behind the counter. Yoongi tried to take him away but Jimin was faster.

“Just today. Let me drink just today hyung.” Jimin said and when he looked up at Yoongi, the latter couldn’t say no. He looked so broken, it was the first time since high school he had seen him this sad. So he gave a glass to Jimin and let him drink.

When Jimin felt his throat burn at the first glass, he felt the urge to drink water. He drank one more glass and felt the need to throw up. He didn’t like this. He didn’t like whisky and he didn’t like how he was acting. He knew this wasn’t him so he closed the bottle and put it back behind the counter. He called Yoongi and told him he would be going home.

“No, let me call you a cab.”

“It’s okay I’ll just take the bus or the subway.” Jimin replied and Yoongi grabbed his arms.

“Listen to me for ’s sake. I’ll call you a cab.” Yoongi said and pulled his phone out.

Jimin looked at his hyung before looking down. I can’t cry right now. I’ll wait until home. Or until I’m in the cab. I can’t cry in front of hyung, he can’t be bothered by me at the moment. He told me that Seowoon would leave me someday, I was just too stubborn and desperate to listen.

Fifteen minutes later, he was sitting in a taxi, crying his eyes out. He wasn’t even ashamed of it, he just needed to let it out. Then, he heard soft music coming from the speakers in the car and looked up, meeting eyes with the driver. He was looking kind of worried for him and it calmed Jimin a beat to know that at least someone was concerned about his well-being, even if it was a stranger.

The ride was quite pleasant and when Jimin insisted on paying the driver, he took his hand and strangely felt his skin burn at the touch. The driver blushed and Jimin found it very endearing. He told himself that it would be totally stupid of him to let the guy go without any chance of finding him back and noted the number plate down.

 

2 weeks later, at the party

“Hyung, I’m here!” Jimin exclaimed as he entered the apartment.

“Finally ! What took you so long? I missed you~” Hoseok whined, hugging Jimin.

“I missed you too, hyung. Where is the cutest couple?” Jimin asked, hugging Hoseok back.

“They are in the living. Suga is taking the beers out.” Hoseok answered, dragging Jimin to the living.

“Jiminie ! How are you?” Jin asked, hugging the younger.

“I’m fine. Congratulations!” he cheered and took all the snacks out. “I’m sorry but there’s one sandwhich missing. I gave it to the taxi driver, he was hungry.” Jimin apologized.

“The taxi driver?” Yoongi asked.

“Yes. The one you called that night.” Jimin said, smiling.

“You look like an idiot right now. You don’t know anything about him.” Yoongi said, sitting on Hoseok’s lap and opening his own beer as the others did the same.

“Not true. I know that his name is Jungkook, he’s 23, cute as hell and gay.” Jimin stated, sipping on his beer.

“What kind of luck do you have? The first guy you meet after the is gay, cute and younger than you.” Namjoon said, earning a punch from Jin.

“Are you saying I’m not cute and old? Should I remind you who’s biual here?” Jin scolded Namjoon.

“Yeah, remind me because I’m pretty sure no one is. And you’re not old, you’re perfect for me.” Namjoon said, kissing Jin.

“Excuse me but I’m gonna throw up if you don’t stop right now.” Hoseok said and Jimin laughed out loud.

“You’re soon getting married and I’m the lucky one? Stop saying such or your fiancée won’t be pleased.” Jimin joked and Jin sent him a flying kiss.

“Are we gonna talk like this all the damn evening or are we finally gonna eat something? I’m ing hungry.” Yoongi complained and Jimin emptied his bags on the coffee table and everyone dived in to get their favourite snack.

 

Later this evening

“Hyung~ I tthink I-I like him a loooooooot~~~” Jimin said, aegyo-mode on.

“The taxi driverrr?” Hoseok asked, as drunk as Jimin.

“Mmmh~~”

“Ask him on a date then.”

“Pffffff it sounds so easyyyyy when you say ittt~” Jimin replied.

“It issss… just tell him that you like him and that’s itttt~” Hoseok stated, hugging Jimin out nowhere.

“We’ll seeee~” Jimin mumbled before falling asleep in Hoseok’s embrace.

 

The following day, during Jungkook and Jimin’s date

After going out of Jin’s café, they decided to go eat lunch on the other side of the city. They took Jungkook’s car that was left in front of the club and drove away. They went to eat some ddeokbokki that Jimin had been craving for days. After that, they decided to walk through Hongdae, looking at the street performances, still hand in hand.

“You know, Jin’s husband, Namjoon hyung used to rap in Hongdae before he was casted as a songwriter.” Jimin said.

“Wait, Namjoon? As in Kim Namjoon? The songwriter?” Jungkook asked, looking at Jimin in disbelief when he nodded. “Daebak. Do you have any famous friend?” Jungkook asked and Jimin giggled.

“I’m friends with Jung Hoseok, the famous choreographer too. Yoongi hyung is the rapper AgustD but he stopped his career to open the club. I think that’s all.” Jimin replied.

“Jung Hoseok?! AgustD?? Oh my gosh, how did you get so lucky?” Jungkook asked.

“Well, I’ve been friends with Yoongi since we were in high school. One day he met Hoseok hyung during a competition. They quickly became friends and after some weeks, Yoongi introduced us to each other. About Namjoon hyung, the first dayI went to Jin’s café he spilled and iced coffee on me. Insteadd of lashing out I laughed and that’s how we became friends, along with Jin hyung.” Jimin explained and Jungkook mouth was wide open.

“Wow. I’m so envious. I hope I can be friends with them too.” Jungkook said.

“You will. And I’m sure they’ll all love you. Look, there’s a bookshop!” Jimin exclaimed and dragged Jungkook behind him.

 

“So, where do you wanna go now?” Jungkook asked Jimin as they walked out of a music store.

“It’s getting pretty late right now…” Jimin trailed, looking at the darkening sky.

“Do you want me to drive you home?”

“Do you want to come over?” They both asked at the same time, making them burst out laughing.

“I’d love to.” They answered simultaneously and laughed again.

“Let’s go then.” Jungkook said, taking Jimin’s hand once again and walking back to where he had parked the car.

They got in the car and listened to some music throughout the drive. When they finally arrived, Jungkook parked the car, flustering Jimin by putting his arm behind the older’s seat and going into reverse (?).

They got out of the car and walked to the apartment.

“It’s going to be a bit messy, I’m sorry about that.” Jimin said as they entered the elevator.

“It’s okay hyung. It’s not like I don’t have a messy house either. I should tidy up when you’ll come to mine.” Jungkook answered and Jimin blushed a bit at his words. He send ‘will’ like there was no other choice than Jimin to go to his as well.

They got out of the elevator and Jimin led the way to his apartment. He opened the door and let Jungkook in. They removed their shoes and entered the living room. There was a little white couch placed beside a quite large window and the sunset was beautifully displayed. In front of the couch was a coffee table made in glass and some papers were messily displayed over and under it. There was a TV in front of the couch too but on the other side of the room. The walls were dark grey and a sliding door that was left open led to the kitchen.

"I'm very sorry for the mess, it's all Namjoon hyung's fault." Jimin said, rushing to gather the sheets of paper and placing them neatly on the coffee table.

"It's okay don't worry, hyung." Jungkook said, giggling.

"Well, sit down Jungkook. Do you want something to drink ?" Jimin asked as Jungkook sat down on the couch.

"Do you have some tea?" Jungkook asked.

"I can make some if you want." Jimin said and went to the kitchen.

Jungkook followed him with his eyes and was surprised that he couldn't stop looking at him even if it only was his back he was looking at. Even his back was mesmerising, thin but it looked strong and kinda reliable if that made any sense. He forced himself to advert his eyes and looked around. He saw that the curtains were a dark blue, as well as Jimin’s slippers and shirt.

“Hyung, is blue your favourite colour ?” Jungkook asked from the couch.

“Yeah, how did you know?” Jimin asked, handing a cup of tea to Jungkook and sitting down beside him.

"I guessed." Jungkook said, smiling at Jimin before tasting the tea. "It's good. Is it sesame flavoured tea?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes. Do you like it?" Jungkook nodded. "I thought I was the only one." Jimin stated.

"How can people not like it?" Jungkook asked in disbelief, making Jimin laugh.

"What's your favourite colour Jungkook?"

"Mine is red. I've always liked it since I was a child." Jungkook replied.

"Your favourite fruit?"

"I don't have a favourite fruit, I'm not really picky, I eat everything. But I like blueberry cake a lot. What about you?"

"Same I don't have a favourite fruit but I love strawberry cake. Interesting fact, I don't really like mangoes." Jimin stated.

"Really? Interesting, indeed." Jungkook said, laughing.

"Do you have a nickname?" Jimin asked.

"I have a few. My family members call me either Jungkookie, Kookie, Kook, or sometimes Bunny." Jungkook replied.

"Bunny? Why?"

"They say that I look like a bunny when I smile." The younger answered and smiled, showing his cute bunny smile.

"Omo, that's real! That's it, you're going to be Bunny for me!" Jimin said, laughing.

"Do you have nicknames hyung?"

"My friends call me Jiminie, Minie, ChimChim or Mochi."

"Mochi?" Jungkook asked with a questionning look.

"They say I'm as soft as a mochi. I don't really know if it's good or not but I find it cute so..." Jimin stated, smiling sweetly.

"I find it cute. It helps that I like mochis." Jungkook joked. "But I'll call you Minie hyung."

"You'll be the first to call me Minie hyung. Besides my brother." Jimin said.

"You have a brother?"

"Yeah. He's the same age as you." Jimin replied, sipping on his tea.

"Oh my gosh. I have an older brother that's the same age as you as well!" Jungkook exclaimed.

"Really?" Jungkook fervently nodded. "That's a bit creepy." Jimin said, giggling.

"Are you from Seoul, Bunny?" Jimin asked, teasing the younger.

"No, I'm from Busan in fact." Jungkook answered, taking a sip from his cup.

"You've got to be kidding me."

“I’m not. I know you are too.” Jungkook said, smiling.

“How?”

“I can hear a little accent and I would recognise my hometown’s anywhere, anytime.” Jungkook stated.

Jimin could swear he saw stars in Jungkook’s eyes when he talked of Busan and he was about to cry because, damn, someone understood him.

“, I’ve found my soulmate.” Jimin said.

“Glad to know that I’m not the only one to think that.” Jungkook said, smirking, making Jimin blush.

“I’m sorry it’s just that Busan is very important for me.” Jimin said.

“It’s the same for me too.” Jungkook said, his voice lowering down all of a sudden. He got a bit closer to Jimin and put his cup of tea on the coffee table. “Hyung…” he whispered and a shiver went down Jimin’s spine. “I really like you a lot. I know it sounds crazy because we don’t know each other but… I really really like you.”

Jimin blushed as his breath hitched. He really liked Jungkook a lot too and though he should have been afraid or nervous about a new relationship so soon, he couldn’t help himself but be at ease. For whatever reason, he trusted Jungkook and he was confortable with him.

“You know, I should be afraid of starting a new relationship but to be honest, I’m not. I feel like I can trust you. You won’t hurt me, that’s for sure. I really like you too Jungkook-ah.” Jimin stated, getting even closer to the younger.

They both looked at each other for some seconds before Jungkook talked.

“Can I...?” he began and Jimin smiled.

“Kiss me.” Jimin whispered and Jungkook did as he was told.

He placed his hand on Jimin’s cheek and made their lips collide. It was soft at first but Jimin grabbed the younger by his nape, kissing him fervently. Jungkook brushed Jimin’s lips with his tongue, asking for entrance which was immediately granted by the older. They kissed feverishly for some long minutes, hands roaming around and when they finally detached themselves, they looked totally dishevelled, hair pointing in every way, lips swollen but wide smiles on their faces.

"That was great." Jimin said, a little out of breath.

"Yeah, it was." Jungkook replied, holding Jimin's hand.

"Can you cuddle me now or is it too soon?" Jimin asked.

"Hyung, we just kissed for about 5 minutes and you think it's too soon to be cuddling." Jungkook answered, giggling and lying down on the couch. "Come here Minie hyung." He said, tapping his chest.

Jimin laughed, blushing a bit but lied down next to Jungkook, placing his head on his chest, listening to the younger's heartbeat as the latter circled his shoulders with his arms, holding him close.

"You have such a broad chest Bunny." Jimin said, circling "Bunny"'s chest with his arm. "But a very tiny waist."

"And you're such a tiny little hyung." Jungkook stated, earning a punch from Jimin.

“Brat.” Jimin said and Jungkook kissed the top of his head.

“I like you Minie hyung.”

“I like you too.”


Author's Note :

Here's the sequel that was asked by Pharibst_  and someone else on AO3^^

It's a lot shorter than the first part and I'm very sorry but I really rushed to write something. If you didn't like it, I'm sorry and if you did like it tell me about it in the comments !!^^

Take care of yourselves and I hope to see you in my next story ! ♥

#JiKook4Ever#

<3 Love BTS <3