1/1

School Stress with Youngjae

You groaned loudly and your fingers slid through your hair, closing your eyes so you wouldn't have to look at the monstrosity that was your pile of work. Your fingers squeezed your temples as you wondered where you would begin to defeat this beast of an assignment. You let your mind go blank for a bit before you heard a small knock at your door, "You okay honey?"


When you failed to reply, Youngjae opened the door and you met his gaze with a defeated look. His eyes, sympathetic to the work you had to do at your competitive school, as he walked over to you and hugged you from behind in your seat. "Anything I can do to help?" He asked, his lips close to your ears as you could feel his breath on your skin.


"Can you make dinner tonight Jae? I don't have time, and I don't know where to start with this essay..." your voice trailed off towards the end of the sentence. Youngjae released you, giving you an "Mhm." to show he understood.


You kept trying to decode the seemingly foreign language that was your assignment. Youngjae made your favorite chicken noodle soup with garlic and he gave you spoonfuls as you underlined and circled seemingly important components on the papers.


Soon enough, tears started forming in your eyes, this lesson was just too hard and it wasn't making sense, only making you frustrated and annoyed. Your JaeBear saw the tears coming and instinctively pulled you close to him, rubbing little circles on the middle of your back. "It's okay, let it out. I know it's hard." His voice was lower than normal and it made you feel calm. "We can do this together, okay?" He pulled you away so he could look into your eyes, one of his favorite things to do with you, "You're never alone with me around, okay?"


You sniffled as you nodded to both of Youngjae's questions, as he smilef and began to help you with your assignment.