Bitter Sweet Past

Ballistomania

9 months ago

 

"Kim Jongin, wake up! Why do I have to wake you up everytime?!" Sounds of nagging could be heard from downstairs, obviously coming from his mother. That was when he realized, it was all a just a sweet dream, to him at least. Jongin wasn't the one who'd usually get a dream when he sleeps. Usually everything would just be a pitch black until he wakes up but no, this time it was different. He knew that the dream meant something, a sign of his future.

Finally he got off his bed. The nagging from earlier was starting to fade and he was glad of it. He never had any motivation to wake up in the morning. All that is because he knew every time he woke up, he'd have to go to that place for education called school. Everyone told him he needed to go there to learn, but Jongin didn't see the point of it. He didn't see how physics or chemistry would help him on his future dream.

Jongin was just an 17 year old. He'd graduate in just few months. He wasn't like any other male student. His dream was different unlike any other. Jongin wanted to be a ballerina. His true passion was ballet. He loved it with all his heart could do because when he danced, he became himself. Ballet isn't actually an easy thing. You need to be really passionate in it and you need to know how to express the real feelings of your character in it. It is almost like an act, but shown in different way. An act that is shown by movements of your body and the expression of your face. That was what his teacher taught him. Jongin was an amazing dancer unlike any other. He was perfect in characters that nobody else could do. Characters that are completely broken. Others can't do it well because they don't know how to make themselves get into the character. Jongin did it so well, because that was who he was. He was broken and numb. He wasn't happy nor sad. He never laughed or smiled. It was the only reason his teacher loved him so much because he knew the facial expression he had to make and he never smiled when he danced. The teacher thought he was just getting into character but no, it was just who he was. A broken dancer.

Jongin walked into the bathroom and stared at the mirror for a good few minutes. He stared his own reflection, remembering everything that had happened in his past.  Jongin was handsome. Heck every girl would fall in love with him. Nobody could deny the beauty of his face that made every girls try to get him. Unfortunately for them, Jongin was homoual. Jongin hated girls. They never understood him. He rejected each and one of girls that came up to him that tried to flirt with him. 

Those things didn't do good to him tho. Everyone didn't like Jongin. He was different from them. He was a male that liked ballet. He was a male that hated girls. He was handsome and every boys got jealous of him. Most of the boys in his school would always bully him and called him names. There was one time where they dragged another homoual student and tried to make them kiss but fortunately Kai got away with it. One time he went to his locker to grab his ballet outfits and what he found were only pieces of them. They bullies cut off his whole outfit including his ballet shoes and Jongin had never seen himself ever the same anymore.

Today was different. The school day wasn't like usual. It was the prom day, obviously Jongin would go alone, but he had another plan. He wasn't going there to dance, chat with his non existent friends or have fun. He was going there for another reason. It was the perfect chance, for him to do something he had plan of doing for years. Jongin walked downstairs and greeted his mom half-heartedly. The whole day went by normally and the evening came faster than he thought it'd be. Jongin had to put on the suit his mom had bought for him. He didn't actually want to wear anything formal that day but it wasn't like he had any choice. 

There he was finally, driving his car all the way to his school. Jongin wanted to look perfect so he did. He was wearing the suit and his hair was styled up perfectly, making him look as handsome as ever. He finally parked the car and got out of it. Few students were walking into the gym to attend the prom. They all had their own partners or friends as they walked in together, girls with their dresses and males with their suits. Jongin was alone, instead of being with friends he had something else. He opened the back of his car and pulled out the case. A deep breath was taken just before he opened the case and he couldn't stop the smirk from creeping up his face. The smirk that quickly turned into a smile. Jongin was happy to see his favorite things in the world again. He finally was able to hold them, to use them on the perfect day. He slid a small one in his pocket and another one followed after in his other pocket. A heavy one was slung around his chest and placed on his back and the last one, he held tightly with his bare hands. He was ready. He had been waiting years to do it.

The clock hits 8 pm. Jongin, the 17 year old student stepped into the gym where the prom was held, with a shot gun in his hands and a heavy machine gun on his back. The room that was noisy quickly became quiet. Few gasps could be heard and some of the students were starting to back away. Few groups of them started laughing instead, thinking it was all just a joke. Jongin tho on the other hand was smiling, almost like a grin, a psychotic one. With a pull of the trigger and the shot gun being aimed directly at a male, the first victim, his adventure for the night began.