Chapter 2

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A girl with shoulder-length hair, wearing dark blue jacket and black denim jeans walked into the library, headed towards her usual spot, secluded from other passing-by students as the section is mostly storing books on categories and topics that are seldom seek for. That is also mainly the reason why she prefers that particular hide-out space.

 

She placed her bag on the table in front of her, taking out her homeworks for the day. She is actually not required to complete them all by today but she thought it's better to finish them all while her mind is still fresh from her lectures contents, plus she is not someone who likes to procrastinate. She has her own study table back at the hostel yet she just loves spending her free time in the library, be it to finish her homework or simply reading books or doing research. Not to mention it is an effective way to prevent herself from napping in the daylight or wasting time surfing the internet in her room.

 

No other sounds are heard throughout the library, except for scribbling of pens on papers, and pages of books turned to a new one. Once a while there are tappings of computer keyboard from students who looking for information in the university or library database. 

 

After some time, the double glass entrance door is pushed inward by a boy with his all-dark-blue attire. He is holding a piece of paper in his hand and keep on mumbling something that can only be heard by himself, while his eyes alternating between searching for something inside the library and referring to the tiny paper he is holding. He is clearly someone who never enters the general library, moving from section to section looking for his desired object. He keeps on walking, looking up to read each shelf labels until he finally reaches the most right hand side corner of the library, smiling slightly when he realised that it is the exact shelf that he has been seeking for. He skims the section to find the reference book he has been wanting to see but his attention, as if a magnet trying to pull him over, suddenly shifted to the only girl that sitting at the section, her focus is solely on jotting down in her writing pad, not bothering his existence at all. He stops on his spot, trying to fish for her attention, thinking that perhaps they can exchange smiles or something, which afterward will give him excuse to kickstart their conversation. No one said it's wrong to be nice to everybody, regardless whoever they are, whatmore to someone from the same homeland, right?

 

It is however unfortunate and weird that he ended up seems to be standing like forever on the floor as the girl doesn't even spare him a single glance. Does she not aware of her surrounding at all?

 

 Not wanting to look like a silly person in the end, he tries to br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter