FINE.

F.I.N.E.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fine by TAEYEON 

 

The flashing lights were burning my eyes but I had to pretend that it didn’t bother me at all. “Jessica! Look this way!” Photographers and paparazzi’s shouting to make me look their way. Taeyeon was standing beside me. She gripped my hand knowing that I wasn’t used to having cameras all over me. She was more experience with these kinds of situations. The shorter girl pulled me with her as she waved at the people, bidding them goodbye. 

 

“Sica, this song is incredible!” She said once we were out of camera’s sight. She gave me a tight hug. “This is really amazing. Thank you so much for choosing me to sing your song.” She pulled back, her smiled reaching both her ears. I have been writing songs for some artist but this song that I wrote specificly for Taeyeon was probably the biggest hit I ever made. 

 

“When I started writing this song, I knew you would sing it wonderfully.” I smiled at her. She and I started walking towards the gigantic coliseum where the gala and award ceremony will happen. 

 

“What made you write this?” She wondered. I pulled the chair for her when we reached our table because she was wearing a long beautiful black gown. Her girlfriend, Tiffany was already waiting for her, beside the all smiley girl was Hyoyeon. She is Fany’s choreographer. Tiffany wants everything to be perfect in her performances and no better way to make her perfomance perfect than Hyoyeon. Fany, Taeng, and Hyoyeon were really close friends on mine. We’re best friends to be exact. The four of us started all together. They both pursued degrees in singing, Hyoyeon took dance classes and I went on with song writing and had some classes with fashion design. 

 

I sat down the shorter girl, and my lips formed and small “o” when I heard her ask that question. I forced a smile and sighed, looking down to my hands as I clenched them tightly. I wasn’t able to answer. The memories of which the song was derived from were still fresh even if it was already a long time ago. 

 

“Yuri-ah!” Hyoyeon called out. That named struck me. I slowly looked up. It was her. Kwon Yuri. Fany and Taeyeon look at the direction where Hyoyeon was looking and saw the tall, tanned-skin woman. She still looked beautiful. As her dark orbes met mine, my heart started to beat fast, tears building up my eyes. I don’t know what I’m feeling if it’s hatred or hurt, or both. 

 

“Hi.” She said, her eyes not leaving mine. She seemed like she was going to do something but she wasn’t able to move and was just mobilized on her position. slightly opening then closing again.

 

“Excuse me.” I said loud enough for all three of my friends to hear me, including the standing woman. Pushed my chair back and quickly got up, not waiting for any response. I walked away, as fast as I could until I was outside the theater doors. I stood there for quite some time. 

 

~flashback~

 

I was playing with my pencil, trying to think of more inspiration for a new song. I have been writing drafts but nothing. That is not a good thing. I sighed as I looked out the window. It was a beautiful night really. The stars are like diamonds glimering their light. It makes me smiled as I held up my hand up, comparing the bind around my ring finger. “Close enough” I grinned as I remembered Yuri. Where is she anyways. She should’ve been here by now. I miss my seobang. 

 

BEEP BEEP. My phone went off signaling a message. I opened the logo that popped up and saw an image. It was sent by a friend of mine, Sunny. It was a picture of Yuri with some woman. I wasn’t sure who it was and they were out at a restaurant. 

 

What the hell is this?

Sent 8:45pm

To: Sunny; From: Jessica

 

That is just your fianceé, having a romantic dinner with some good for nothing woman.

Received 8:50pm

From: Sunny; To: Jessica

 

Stop making rumors. I know my fianceé and she would never hide anything from me. 

Sent 9:00pm

To: Sunny; From: Jessica

 

You might want to rethink that. 

(12589.img)

Received 9:03pm 

From: Sunny; To: Jessica

 

I got images from Sunny, she works as a reporter in KBS Global. It was detailed, a whole file of pictures with dates and times that Yuri was with this other woman. I could never imagine Yuri doing this to me. My heart felt like a thousand knives just darted wholes on it. As I kept looking at the pictures, I could not stop but get even more furious. 

 

You know, I am your friend, Sica. I’m just looking after you. I’m sorry I caught you off guard with this but I had to tell you. They told me to run this news but I told them to give me some time. I’m giving you this heads up before anyone else. 

Received 9:20pm

From Sunny; To: Jessica 

 

I wasn’t able to reply to any of Sunny’s messages. I was dumbfounded as I sat their with my phone. I gulped the lump that I was feeling in my thought making me feel sick in my stomach. I don’t know what to feel. Tears started to flow down my cheeks as I clenched my hands into a fist. 

 

When Yuri got home, I was sitting on the couch facing the door. I reached for the lamp light and turned it on. “Where have you been?” I said, as calm as I possibly could and all the seriousness in my eyes.

 

“Hey babe, I just had some business to take care of” she said as she finished taking off her shoes. She walked towards me and gave me a peck on the lips. I smelled something different. It wasn’t the smell of winter nor my sent on her. “How is my sleepy ice princess still up this late?” She said with a smile on her face.

 

“And how is Kwon Yuri home this late at night?” I said not returning the kiss she gave, doing my best to stop my tears from flowing.

 

“Like I said, I was taking care of business.”

 

“Is this the business that you were taking care of?” I laid the pictures on the table. She looked at me with the wondering look. She seems like she doesn’t know what she was doing.

 

She grabbed the sheets of pictures and looked at them. “Where did you get these?” 

 

“Who is that woman?” She did not answer. She kept looking at the pictures then laid them back on the table.

 

“It is not what you think, Sica. I swear.”

 

“Then tell what the that means Kwon Yuri because I’m dying to ing know.” I crossed my arms ocer my chest as I waited to listen to her.

 

“She’s just a friend, Sica. I swear. You know how much I love you. Please do not believe these bull.” She said. 

 

Our conversation went on for hours. We finished the fighting at around 3AM in the morning. I let it pass. I never liked fighting with her. It wasn’t right. 

 

——-

 

It wasn’t like Yuri to keep secrets from me. She has been answering these phone calls in the middle of the night. She hides inside the bathroom and I have no idea why, she won’t tell me either.

 

“What the hell is going on, Yuri?” I asked not understand what was going on. She and I had another fight last night. It was about that woman who kept following her around like a slave dog, whom she also allowed. “Why are you packing your stuff?!” She was in a rush. She just kept shoving her clothes into her luggage without saying a word. 

 

“So you’re giving me a silent treatment now? What the , Kwon!” 

 

“I’ve had enough of your jealousy, Jessica!” Yuri bursted. “Every since you got those pictures, you became too jealous that it wasn’t even cute anymore.” 

 

“I wouldn’t be this jealous if you did not hide anything from me.” I said loosing my energy. 

 

She finished packing and there was no stopping her. She sighed and looked at me “I think we should just call this off.” She said dropping her luggage on the floor. She then brought her hand up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter