My confession || Michaeng

Twice Short Story Compilation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Minari…”

 

I called out the name I held so dearly in my heart. I’ve only dreamt of this day; but now, I’m really doing it. For the first time in a long time… I’m finally telling her how I feel. She continued walking, seemingly not hearing what I said. I’m watching her walk… watching her hold her bag tight and look down from the railing. I wanted to hold her, I wanted to hold her tight and shout what I truly feel for her. I wanted to; But everything I want just seems to always fly away.           

 

“Minari… I have something to tell you.”

 

She looked back, with a blank expression on her face. I took a deep breath and let out a sigh as she continued walking once again.

 

“Mina… There are many nights that don’t go the way I plan it to be. And I feel like tonight’s going to be one of them.” I stopped for a second, trying to muster up the courage to finally tell her the one thing I’ve been keeping to myself since we were in highschool. “After I say this, I don’t know if we can go back to the way things were. I don’t know if we can go back to being ‘casual’. But still, I feel the need to say this...”

 

“The truth is… I like you, Minari.”  After all these years, the words finally escaped me. It felt like getting a knife pulled out of my heart. “It took me a long time to finally say it. I waited until I was certain before telling you. It’s been killing me. I tried to hold it down but...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter