prologue

a supercut of us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝she wasn't looking for a knight;

she was searching for a sword.❞

 

 

 

Fate. It was an ugly and ever so loathsome word.

Sprung from one's own inability to provide power and responsibility upon themselves, insecurity within your own judgement, and decisions.

Seulgi exhales once; she fits the entire category above, residing among the shelves in the cupboards, eternally trying to lock the doubts that frequently plague her mind. She's isolated in a small area of the party, scowling at every sweaty body that crashes into her by mistake. Not in the mood for communication today, she's sketching the broken pieces of life upon an empty sheet of paper. Ink drips on to the bare skin on her wrist, but she doesn't really care.

Her head is high above the clouds. The rough pieces of artwork are all the emotions she refuses to allow to be known.   

Jaehyun's in the corner of the room, dark brown hair disheveled, but his eyes are curved into small crescent moons, and he's grinning in mirth. There's a red string attached to his pinky finger, binding him to someone on the other side, Seulgi can clearly witness who it is.

Kim Jennie.

Their hands are interlocked; her head resting in the crook of his neck, laughing. They're leaning towards one another. Her irises shining with amusement and profound affection. He's staring at her like she's painted the world in colours he can't help but cherish. It's heart-stirring, drawing out the warmest parts of Seulgi's soul, briefly diminishing her uncertainty.

He's been her friend since they were small children. She's been by her side in her most bleak and grim times. Until they encountered one another, she's never truly seen how radiant they could be. They were a masterpiece together, an artwork sketched by destiny, but their choices paved the way towards one another.

But in the centre of the room, there's another comely girl with entirely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter