New Little Guy

Heart a La Mode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What a memorable fanmeet. That was the first thought that crossed Guanlin’s mind. Prior to the day, Guanlin had a blast in that fanmeet, why? Obviously he got a huge shiba plush and even though he didn’t have the one with the lighter color just because he gave the lighter one to Jihoon, he was still so thankful for the overwhelming amount of wannables that went through the fanmeet. That was the first thing that literally went through his thoughts, but now that he just finished reminiscing what happened yesterday, he was now aware of the fact that even though he was pretty sure he buried himself under his thick sheets last night, it was extremely cold. It was so cold he could feel goosebumps prickling on his skin.

            He was pretty sure he wanted to whine, but what came out of his throat was a small whimper and boy, when DID GUANLIN EVER EVEN DARE TO WHIMPER IN HIS LIFE? He was sure by now that he’d turn into a hella big block of ice if he’d feel colder than this, so he tries to roll over, but it was so hard to roll over. Not to mention the fact that the sheets were nearly a hundred times heavier than it used to, and his body betrays him to roll over. He raises an arm only to see a.. paw? A soft brown looking furry arm with pink paws and Guanlin wanted to scream but he was beat to it by a rather faint yet familiar voice.

            “Guanlin! Guanlin, come out. Everyone’s waiting for you at the breakfast table!” Daehwi’s soft baritone was heard, followed by a knock on the door and Guanlin whimpered, rather quietly. Once the click of the door was heard, signifying that someone was standing right on the doorstep, Guanlin tried his best to kick the sheets off of his small legs, still mustering a louder whimper. “Hyung, he’s not here.” Daehwi called out, voice full of worry. “Are you sure, he’s not there?” Jisung’s voice sounded fainter, the worry in Daehwi’s voice more evident in his for like, a thousand times. “I’ll look at the other rooms.” Daehwi retorted, his footsteps slowly fading away and Guanlin was starting to panic, feeling something moving in his head and it was weird because it felt like it was a reflex. “Guanlin?” Another voice was heard, and this time, Guanlin could tell that it was their Center hyung just by the elderly man vibe it has in it. This time, Guanlin took a deep breathe, using all his force to kick the sheets and it moved. “Huh?” He could hear the footsteps getting closer. Closer!

Not a few seconds later, Daniel whipped out his sheets off of the whimpering Guanlin and the first thing that greeted him was an unmanly squeal from Daniel. “Holy . Ya’ll didn’t tell me we got a new little guy?” Daniel yelled rather eagerly, and honestly if Guanlin could cover his ears, he gladly would because Daniel’s loud voice was now a million times louder than it had ever been. He also noticed how he could hear the raindrops falling hard on the pavements outside and it was so inhumane. Wait. Little guy?

Then everything dawned on him, soft brown furry arm with pink paws, something moving in his head like it was a reflex, his heightened hearing, and his inability to do things like covering his ears… It cannot be..

“Hey there little guy. Are you cold? You’re shivering.” Daniel cooed, picking up Guanlin in his arms, sitting on Guanlin’s bed as he started petting Guanlin’s ears and Guanlin found the gesture irresistibly amazing, he could feel his body weakening from how relaxing and good it felt like. A soft whimper was heard and Daniel chuckled from hearing it, raising Guanlin to nuzzle his nose against the pupper’s. “You’re so damn adorable. Where’s your owner? Guanlin?” Daniel asked, still not aware of the fact that hey he was the ‘owner’ Daniel was talking about and that he was the puppy being held right now.

Louder squeaks were now coming out of Guanlin’s shibe form, desperately wanting to yell at Daniel even though all his words if he was able to talk right now was “You it’s me. How could you not tell. Please help my poor .” So this named Kang Daniel only laughed at his ‘barking’ and went back to hugging the poor shibe in his hold. “Oh my ing god, we got a new puppy?” Jinyoung screeched, almost dropping his sandwich to the floor as he skeedadles his way to Guanlin’s room. Guanlin wanted to yell ‘ES TAKE OFF YOUR FILTHY FLIPPERS OUT OF MY ROOM. I ING SWEAR’ but obviously he can’t he could only bark at Jinyoung and Jinyoung mustered a small pout as soon as he could heel how ungrateful the puppy was in his presence.

“I think he hates me.” Jinyoung sat down next to Daniel, still sporting the infamous pout. Just then, Jinyoung had an idea of taking a piece of his sandwich and placing it near the shibe’s mouth and who was Guanlin to deny food especially that he’s starving, like STARVING.

The shibe’s big brown eyes were gazing at Jinyoung which made Jinyoung froze a bit, feeling some sort of a weird feeling just by staring at those eyes. As soon as the shibe took a bite on the sandwich, Jinyoung took the opportunity to pet Guanlin’s head which made Guanlin’s legs almost give up again, because why the does caressing feel so good.

“He’s so cute..” Jinyoung mumbled, his fingers lightly playing with one of Guanlin’s ear. “I know right.” Daniel happily agreed, hoisting Guanlin up into the air yet again.
“Niel hyung. Guanlin’s nowhere to be found.” With that voice, Guanlin knew all too well that it belonged to his favorite hyung, to the hyung who loves wearing mismatched laces, it should look dumb but instead he looks amazing in it. It was obviously none other than Park Jihoon.

“Did he sneak out late at night last night?” Jaehwan piped out of nowhere, trailing behind Jihoon. “I would doubt that Guanlin would do that.” Minhyun passed by the room, a towel slung over his shoulder. Jinyoung nodded and hummed at Minhyun’s words, knowing how their maknae wouldn’t be too badass to do that. Guanlin himself didn’t even know why he remained quiet, just listening to what the members would say about him and it honestly made him feel victorious knowing how the members trust him with sneaking out. Within a few seconds, he starts barking again, squeaking at his fellow members leaning against the door frame.

“Wait a second…” Jihoon paused, his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter