Final

The Curse

Dahyun was with Sana walking in the forest. It was a New Year. Dahyun thought Sana wouldn't come today as she would celebrate it with her family away from the cursed forest but here she was, surprising Dahyun.

It was one of the best days for Dahyun- erase that being with Sana always been Dahyun's best days in life.

They thought it would only be them in the place and they were surprised to see 2 kids in the cliff.

Why would kids be here in the cursed forest?

They could have ignored the two. But then they saw them being more in danger as they played nearer the cliff. Dahyun was used ignoring humans - pretending not seeing them lurking in the forest where she lives. But not today where in she saw the kid unconsciously running nearer to death. Her conscience was more powerful. She ran and pulled the kid back who thanked her so she smiled back at him. She was happy to save him but. When she turned around, the reality came back to her.

The girl with Dahyun was petrified on the ground. Her eyes kept staring at her right hand as if checking if something's wrong. Her stare fell on Dahyun's face who only smiled at her as if nothing was wrong - nothing to worry.

But then, Dahyun's body started to glow and this made Sana stare at her in worry more. Dahyun knew she did something terrible but she didn't regret saving the kid.

Dahyun could only chuckle. She moved near Sana as she tip toed and gave the girl a peck on the lips. She was happy to do saw but Sana's reaction was different. She was still standing still as if she just saw a ghost. She looked terrified and scared.

Dahyun felt a pang in her chest. She didn't want to mark this day as a sad ending. She wanted to see Sana's smile one last time. With a grin, she wanted to light the mood up.

"Hey! At least you can hug me now" Dahyun said in a mixture of sadness and happiness in her voice. Both her arms were spread open as she let the girl with her do what she was trying to say. But Sana kept looking at her with tears forming in her eyes.

Sana remembered their first meeting. She was lost in the cursed forest too at the age of 6. She was terrified for being in the dark and the forest alone. She thought she'd die there but then she saw a woman older than her. Because of joy of not being alone, she ran and hugged the girl only to crash on the ground as the said girl moved out of the way.

Sana remembered how many times she tried hugging the girl only to be avoided.

She only found the reason why when they became close. The girl named Dahyun said she's cursed and if she wanted to live, she should avoid human touch for human touch will make her vanish in the world. Since then, she'd given her the space she needed. Even when she fell from a tree and Dahyun tried to catch her, she shouted, " move away!" She's more worried of Dahyun than her self.


Dahyun's body was glowing more and more as seconds passed by. A fraction of her skin was mixing with the wind. Her hands started to vanish but her wide smile was there to tell Sana she's fine - she's fine hugging her.

Dahyun has a wide smile with her but Sana was in tears as she watches Dahyun glow. If Dahyun's words were not heard, Sana wouldn't know what to do other than felt broken.

Sana could tell, for the 10 years they'd been together, Dahyun didn't change at all. Dahyun still has that pretty and alluring eyes. She also didn't age. Sana used to call her an older girl but now, she was sure she's older than her.


With a reassuring nod from Dahyun, Sana's smile lighted as tears kept falling down. She launched herself forward and wrapped her arms around Dahyun's body. Her face was pressed to the girl's collarbone. Dahyun's skin was smooth and warm. For the first time on 10 years, it was nice hugging her - to feel her under her skin.

Sana's sob was so loud but that didn't make Dahyun cry as she had been wanting to hug the human for so long. She really did and even though its the first and last time they'll hug each other, her sadness was overpowered with joy and all she could do was hug her tighter. If only she could hug her closer to her, she would.

Sana did the same. Even though her tears weren't stopping, the joy errupting in her chest kept bursting that she has no other thoughts other than hug Dahyun tighter. She's sad, happy, scared, terrified, and afraid. But above those emotions, she cherished this moment - this 30 seconds to give Dahyun a tight hug - like its the peek of her life.

"I love you, Sana." Dahyun whispered as she kissed Sana's head. Her feet were vanishing in the thin air and powder-like glow was flying away. Sana pulled Dahyun closer to her. She didn't want to let go and as she could feel the girl in her arms vanishing, her chest kept breaking.

Sana wanted Dahyun to live longer. But she knew the curse couldn't be broken. Instead, it was the curse that kept Dahyun alive. Without it, she wouldn't have live in the world for so long. It was the spirits who saved her but in exchange, a curse was placed as a side effect.

The human looked at Dahyun's glowing face whose eyes were soft and gentle. There was no regret showing on them. Instead, it was full of happiness.

The soft hands wrapped on Sana's neck started to vanish. Sana tried not to cry more as she didn't want to regret in the future. Sana opened to talk. She let her heart speak for her.

"I love you too, Dahyun." She dropped those words with her smile.

The smile that responded to her was something that Sana will her never forget. It was so breathtaking, so sweet and so lovely. She would love to see it everyday. But she knew, everyday ends here as she could feel Dahyun's body was vanishing too. She tried hugging her tighter but only ended up hugging a clothe. She knew the time was up.

Dahyun was vanishing totally in the air.

She vanished while placing a soft kiss on Sana's lips.

Sana fell on the ground as she was hugging a clothe. There was no traces of human being under the clothes. Only the flying powder-like glow was seen in the air. She kept hugging the fiber as she let herself cry at what happened.

She finally hugged Dahyun.
She finally felt Dahyun's skin
which she was right,
it was soft and warm.

She finally said Dahyun her kept feelings. She finally heard Dahyun say she loves her also.

She finally . . .

Finally . . .

Final . . .

It was Dahyun's final seconds with her.

As realization hit her hard, Sana cried louder as she hugged Dahyun's clothes nearer to her body. She could still smell Dahyun which was the smell of the forest. The mixture of trees and grasses.

Sana remembered the times she's with Dahyun. The 10 years she cherished a lot.

Dahyun wouldn't be there to help her fly a kite.

Dahyun wouldn't be there to help her make a paper boat.

Dahyun wouldn't be in a tree waiting for her to visit her once a year.

Dahyun wouldn't be there to welcome her with a sweet smile.

Dahyun wouldn't be there to make her laugh.

Dahyun wouldn't be there to keep her safe in the cursed forest.


Dahyun wouldn't be there.

The girl Sana loves isn't in the world anymore. 

 

 

End

NoHdraE26 <3

Okay bye. Sorry for not fixing this story that much. It was rush. Just done it minutes ago and never checked it.