Motorcycle

Short stories collection

 

 

Motorcycle: 2min/791 words. Minho owns a motorcycle and Taemin wants to ride him it.


„Look at that!”

Taemin walks away from his friend, leaving him dumbstruck in the middle of the sidewalk before Kibum realizes that Taemin has strode off in the direction of a shiny vehicle parked at the side. He lets out a deep sigh; he will never understand Taemin’s infatuation with motorcycles. To him it’s just another mean of transport, but Taemin’s eyes are shining when he looks at his reflection in the polished fuel tank.

“Wow…” is all Taemin mumbles when studying every little detail of the black cruiser. Those types of motorcycles are the coolest in Taemin’s opinion, forcing the rider to lean back slightly with his feet forward and hands up. It’s huge and powerful, like a roaring monster and Taemin wishes he could hear that thrilling growl.

“Taemin, can we go? It’s a bit strange to stare at something that’s not yours…” Kibum feels uncomfortable, shifting on his place and looking around, afraid that the owner will show up sooner or later and nag them. If he can, Kibum avoids troubles like this but Taemin of course doesn’t pay any attention to what he’s just said.

“I wish I had money to buy one…” Taemin sighs with a pout, imagining himself in the leather seat so clearly. Unfortunately, motorcycles are expensive and out of his reach, even the used ones. Moreover, he doesn’t even own a driving license. He would buy a motorcycle only to stare at it and take care of it and that wouldn’t be healthy at all.

“You like it?”

Both Kibum and Taemin jump up when someone joins them. The stranger is tall, wearing a black padded leather jacket that leaves Taemin’s jaw on the ground. The guy is simply gorgeous, almost like a model with long legs and a charming smile that holds a promise and Taemin wants to know that promise.

“Sorry, we will be going. That’s a nice motorbike” Kibum quickly takes a hold of Taemin’s elbow and wants to pull him away but the boy stubbornly stays on his place and keeps looking at the owner of the vehicle.

“Motorcycle” the stranger corrects Kibum when looking at him briefly before focusing on Taemin again. “You seem to know what you’re looking at”

‘Yes, the most handsome man that I would like to devour right now’ Taemin wants to say but he only smiles and nods when motioning towards the cruiser.

“It’s my Achilles’ heel. Black cruisers and their handsome owners”

The man laughs wholeheartedly when a tinge of pink paints Taemin’s cheeks at his attempt of flirting. Kibum smacks himself across the face softly because Taemin is so awestruck he is babbling nonsense and making an idiot out of himself and he definitely has to take his friend out of here.

“It was nice to meet you but we gotta go” Kibum hisses the last two words with an obvious message that Taemin doesn’t read of course. He is way too busy shifting his gaze between the cruiser and the guy who owns it.

“Right, I’m Minho. So, you wanna take a ride?” he offers with his eyebrow cocked, zipping up his leather jacket and already reaching for an extra helmet. A red light goes off in Kibum’s head when he pulls again at Taemin’s elbow.

“Taemin, you don’t know him!” he whispers, worried for his friend. Minho props his back against the motorcycle in a cool pose, looking at them and waiting for a decision.

“So? Come on, what can happen?” Taemin doesn’t seem to get it, thinking his friend is overreacting. It’s always been his dream to ride a motorcycle on his own, but riding at the back of a handsome motorcyclist is even better than that. Why can’t Kibum see that?

“Don’t you watch tv? It’s guys like him that take you out of the city, and then bury your body!” Kibum is getting more and more panicked because he can already see that his friend is not going to listen to him. He is already taking the helmet from Minho, sharing a glance and a smile before he looks at Kibum again.

“Stop worrying”

“Just a short ride. We will be back in ten minutes. If not, call the police” Minho says with a cocky smile, already sitting down and starting the engine with a roar when Taemin sits down behind him and wraps arms around his middle gladly. He can feel that Minho is lean and muscled even under the thick jacket. How he hopes that their acquaintanceship won’t end with just a ride.

“See you in ten minutes Bum!” Taemin waves and shouts over the growling engine before squealing and laughing when Minho starts driving, further and further away from Kibum’s eyes.

They don’t come back in ten minutes.


i wanted to leave an open ending so you guys can "write" the rest of the story with your own imagination :) i would gladly hear what you think happened next!