Final

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love came in different forms- bravery, revenge, jealousy, martyrdom and sacrifice to name a few. 

"Thank you Jun hyung." Kyungsoo nonchalantly ended the phone call.

Thirty minutes barely remaining until Kyungsoo would be exchanging the long awaited vow with his lover, legally on the altar, in front of God and of the witnesses of their ten year long love-hate romance. 

At last, when Kyungsoo's younger lover found the guts to propose, showing no hesitation, Kyungsoo gave him his sweetest yes, accepting the marriage proposal from his overly nervous kneeling lover, making them the happiest gay couple in the entire universe.

The short groom is facing a huge mirror, checking himself one last time. Giving his nervous some encouraging smile as he fixes his bow tie. 

The deafening silence was broke by a series of soft knocks. 

"Hyung." A familiar deep voice softly uttered right behind the door made Kyungsoo's heart jumps in glee. "Don't open, Baekhyun hyung might catch us and I would be dead even before I could see you walking down the aisle." He added upon hearing Kyungsoo's attempt of twisting the door knob open.

"Are you nervous?" Asked Kyungsoo.

"Yeah." The younger groom speaks. Kyungsoo noticed the lower part of door rattling. "Can't believe you would be carrying my surname now." 

"Jongin?" Kyungsoo rested his back against the door just like what Jongin has done. 

"Hmm?" He hummed in response.

"Thank you for the awesome ten years. I know keeping up with my monstrous attitude is difficult yet you fully accepted every worst part of me, you endlessly kissed my flaws and done nothing but to love me and I am truly grateful for the future you wanted to build for us." 

"Hyung.." Jongin softly sniffs. "Let's wait for the ceremony for our vows." 

A smile ghosting Kyungsoo's lips, hearing Jongin cackle. Nonetheless, the older groom wanted to envelope the younger into a tight hug perceiving the snots leaving his nose at the very moment. 

"I had waited for ten years for you to be my husband absolutely I can wait like twenty minutes for the vows." Jongin continues. "But hyung, I will accept every inch of you, even if you get balder than you are right now." The lovers shared a tender laugh at that. 

Despite of the overflowing love, Jongin is somehow a beast in bed. For revenge, Kyungsoo surprisingly shaved his hair just for this special day.

Although the couple kind of had a small argument about this. Jongin protested asking Kyungsoo where would he grab the older whenever they make love which Kyungsoo shrugs off pointing to his pelvis instead.

"Do you know you are more breathtaking than the cherry blossoms Kim Jongin?" 

"As a person who is crazily in love with me, absolutely you would say that." Kyungsoo smiled along Jongin's chuckled.

"It was love at first sight." 

"WHAT?!" All the younger can asks.

"I know how cheesy it is but that's the truth, the first time we met my heart instantly fell for you no matter how my brain denies it." Kyungsoo's lips curled a little. 

"It wasn't the day I treat you to dinner for the first time?" Confused the younger blinked in disbelief.

"No." A series of laughter came out from Kyungsoo's mouth. 

"I thought that was when we fell in love. Geez, I'm a few weeks behind." Jongin mocks the older. Clinking his teeth momentarily. 

"I didn't know you were gay back then because you look like a cassanova who would prefer than ." 

They were laughing softly. Ten years would never be enough for the couple to know each other deeply. Each and everyday is a new chance, an opportunity to unravel every side of their lover. 

"YAH! KIM JONGIN YOU-"

"Uh-oh, you hear that, Baekhyun hyung is here to drag my away from you. See you in a while hyung." The younger knocks once and left without Kyungsoo's response.

"See you Jongin." 

Involuntary drop of tear freely flows down his cheeks. Leaving wet trails when another rolls after the other. 

It is Kyungsoo's dream to be Jongin's husband ever since the day he laid eyes on him, the first day his heart began beating exclusively for him.

That dream is almost coming true, but just almost. 

Because he decided to runaway, giving up that dream.

 

Whispers being exchanged are echoing the wedding hall. Baekhyun, the long time bestfriend slash the organizer of this dreamy event is almost hysterical, tending the melancholy handsome groom remained standing on the aisle and looking for the runaway groom is maddening. How he wishes he has two bodies.

The pure smile painted against Jongin's lips began to falter as his heart began shattering into a billion pieces.

So, Kyungsoo decided to leave him. 

Alone.

 


Ten years ago

Fifteen years old Kyungsoo attracts attention more than the cherry blossoms in full bloom does. Well, why? Because who the heck walks under such magical pinkish road with an unpleasant face? Yep. Kyungsoo does.

You can't blame the boy though. He prefers staying at home and watch a Detective Conan marathon until he gets bored instead but there he is, third wheeling his Minseok hyung and Luhan noona's date. 

Kyungsoo barely interacts with people, he is a full time introvert, throwing the sociable side of him years ago when his parents filed divorced.

Minseok, who is eight years older than him is Kyungsoo's older brother slash his only ftiend (minus Baekhyun) Not until he get himself a girlfriend, a Chinese girl who he met at medical school. Luhan being the friendliest attitude managed to tame Kyungsoo, the younger boy became comfortable with her within a  short period of time, needless to say Luhan became Kyungsoo's second and last friend just like what he registers inside his brain.

"Nini! Hey!" Kyungsoo heard Luhan called out. Probably the cousin she is referring to. 

"Noona!" Like a gravitational pull, the deep hoarse voice seems to gain Kyungsoo's interest when he lifted his face to meet the owner of the voice. 

Looking like a miraculous angel, Kyungsoo's round eyes bulged in upon seeing such blinding beauty. 

Jaw sharp as knife, eyes perfectly carved into a crescent-shaped moon and a smile as glorious as the cherry blossoms. Kyungsoo blinked a few times letting the graceful view of a young man sink in, wondering if the other boy is real.

He was watching the newly arrived sun kissed boy smile while exchanging words with the couple. Kyungsoo seriously studies the gestures he is saying. Kyungsoo was too distracted to notice the indistinct voices calling his name to get his soul back to his body. 

"Kyungsoo? Are you with us?" Luhan snaps her finger while he felt a hand his back. 

"Ah.. yes noona." He bit his lips. "Sorry, I was distracted." 

"It's fine. Anyways, this is my cousin, Jongin.." Imagining how red his cheeks are, Kyungsoo stilled his gaze at Luhan's eyes. "And Nini, this is Kyungsoo, Minseok oppa's brother." When Kyungsoo locked eyes with the all smiles Jongin he realized by then that he is definitely gay.

It wasn't a simple crush. It wasn't plain admiration. It was something else.. something deeper.

But after a mere second, Kyungsoo felt highly embarassed. Scratching away the truth when Jongin only glared at his attempt of a quick shakehand. 

"A shake hand isn't necessary with this since we would never cross paths again. I guess.." The younger scoffs making Kyungsoo blush in embarrasment.

Kyungsoo has been very awkward that night. Cursing Jongin for making his day worst than ever. Now he is back to regretting why he let the couple lure him out of his safe zone. Mentally taking note to strongly refuse. 

After that encounter Kyungsoo avoided third wheeling his older brother's date whether the sun kissed younger boy joins in or not. 

All is well for Kyungsoo. Thoughts of Jongin had completely slipped away. The lingering crush had melted into nothingness, like he haven't felt the spark before. 

 

It was a hot Saturday afternoon, Kyungsoo being himself finds comfort with isolation. Hidden inside his dark room he comfortably lies on his soft mattress, hugging a huge bowl of nachos while his round eyes glued on his flatscreen.

With the darkness concealing his existence, coldness kissing his skin, Kyungsoo felt safe. Not until he felt another presence, watching him, eyes boring holes into him and-

"Hey hyung-"

"What the hell Jongin!" And cushions flew across the room, perfectly landing unto the intruder.

"Hey stop it stop it!" Crossed arms automatically blocked the flying pillow. 

"What are you doing here? Don't you know how to knock?" The older asked.

"Geez, hyung chill. It's not like I am going to murder you or something." With the darkness wrapping the room through the aid of dim flickering lights the flatscreen lets out, Jongin dropped his body on the soft mattress.

"What do you want?" Kyungsoo asked in cold tone. He came prepared for that.

"Minseok hyung has been texting you the whole day and since you weren't replying he asked me to check whether you are still alive or not." He explained taking a handful of nachos to his mouth uncaring whether he stains the bedsheets or not. 

"Now that you had seen me in flesh you might want to inform my brother how perfectly fine I'm doing here. Until you came and ruin it for me." In mockery he replied along with a soft grin. Jongin pretended to be hurt by his words tugging into his heart a few times. "Now go." 

"I like Shinichi Kudo hyung. I'll leave after this episode is done." Kyungsoo allowed him to stay without dropping a word only letting out a sigh of defeat.

Both boys found themselves concentrating with the anime. Losing track of time the two of them finished a whole season without words being spoken. Just a few sighs and groans whenever the scene gets intense, the chilly temperature rises only when their skin touches. Thanks to the nachos for that.
 
"Hyung let's go grab some late dinner." Jongin suggested while he watches Kyungsoo turns off the tv. Poking Kyungsoo's with his toe when the older did not say anything. "Hyung hyung.." His whining earned a deep sigh from the older. Why does Jongin act close with the smaller boy when their initial meeting was not good?

"Follow me." 

Jongin sends questioning look as Kyungsoo ransack their kitchen cabinets. The older boy had rummaged every crook and nook of their kitchen yet he found nothing decent to eat. Only a few side dishes nearing their expiration date. 

Kyungsoo took a mental note to ask his brother for grocery shopping as soon as he comes home. Even a pack of ramen could not be found on their kitchen. They were not poor either. Maybe Minseok has forgotten about stocking foods while he dates. 

"We could just eat out or order some pizza you know." Jongin shoot him a not-really-a-bright-idea-just-a-common-option look. 

"Let me grab my wallet." The younger grabbed Kyungsoo's arm. Waving him his wallet with a grin. 

"I could buy. Let's go. I am starving." 


Just a few weeks ago, Kyungsoo found himself hating this Jongin guy and certainly the feeling is mutual but who could have predicted for them to share a mouth watering late night meal? Just the two of them, oddly without his hyung or her noona.

To make things worst, Kyungsoo's heart is loudly protesting, big waves crashing the vulnerable spot of his soft muscle. Well, here Kyungsoo is. Taking pleasure in watching the younger male he used to or he does feel a little crush with.

"Hyung don't you like the food?" Jongin asked with a puffy cheeks, a strip of noodle hanging around his mouth. 

"No. You make me want to puke." Coldly Kyungsoo mocks before stuffing a mouthful of cold noodles into his mouth. 

"Well yeah, my beauty does that. So it does not surprise me at all." Cheekily he replied.

"Whatever." 

"By the way hyung. I know Minseok hyung do love Luhan noona but as his brother, can you give me assurance that he would never make her cry?" For the first time, Kyungsoo found seriousness inside the sun kissed boy's eyes. 

They locked gazes. Jongin is seeking for answers while Kyungsoo had already swam deeper inside the younger's eyes. 

"He loves her. Don't worry." And for the first time, Kyungsoo smiled at him and gladly Jongin smiled back. 

One can't simply read another human being through first impressions. Jongin proved him that.

 


Kyungsoo closes his eyes, head falling to the car's window pane while recalling how he and Jongin met. 

The sky is having a heavy downpour as if they symphatizes the mournful heart of the runaway groom. 

Eyes swelling up with tears as his heart is being burned in hell.

How can Kyungsoo hurt his soulmate like this? He is beyond guilty, sadness had eaten up every molecule consisting his body. The groom desperately needed to be somewhere far, someplace without feelings where his heart would stop beating, his brain would stop thinking, some world where no emotions is required just to be called human. 

His strong love is urging him to check on Jongin but how dare he? After running away how can he ask how his lover is? 

The mere thought of Jongin sulking, crying and cursing Kyungsoo's careless actions is already hurting him. Bringing unbearable turmoil and unimaginable suffering to the both of them. 

But one last time. Kyungsoo wanted to see Jongin so he can embrace him, for him to erase the pain he caused the younger. Just one last time so he can make him happy.

"C-can we go back to the wedding hall?" The driver nods compliant to the request of the pensive groom in black tuxedo. 


Taking heavy steps towards the wedding hall, Kyungsoo is unable to hold back his tears letting them trace his milky cheeks. 

Just like what he expected, Jongin had left. No familiar face remained just a few hotel staff cleaning up after the perfect mess. 

Regret came with sorrow. Sadness goes along with mourning. Like a package deal they are in pair and Kyungsoo's entirety is filled with it. 

He hates himself. Kyungsoo despises his decision. He is remorseful towards his lover. 

Grabbing a bottle of alcohol Kyungsoo saw, the crying groom settled himself into a step of the altar where the vow's is supposed to be exchanged. 

"Nothing is perfect." Just what the famous qoutation say, Kyungsoo never believed that something perfect does exist. Not even God. But then, Jongin came along. With his unexpected entrance unto Kyungsoo's life. The qoutation has been broken by Jongin.

Jongin with the perfect smile. Jongin with a perfect heart. Jongin with a perfect personality. Jongin the perfect lover.

And he hastily let go of that perfection.

 


"Hyung.." Kyungsoo look up meeting a pouting face of an angel. "Sorry, I'm late. Bad traffic." 

"Really Jongin? That's the best that you got?" He rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"Hyung~" Jongin used his last resort and that is to act whiny to the upset older. "I will treat you this time." He added to his whining totally ignoring judgy faces of passerbys.

"Okay. Buy me some coffee. I am sleepy." Jongin smiled helplessly pulling Kyungsoo's arms off the bench. 

The sky is painted blood as the sun and the darkness met. And so the amusement park is unbelievably crowded as tourists started piling up. 

Lovers, families and other different kind of people are enjoying the best amenities the park can offer. 

Machines from the rides, screamings of the excited adventurous people, chattering and loud laughing is echoing throughout the place making it difficult for the duo to converse in a normal way. 

Finally, a sight of a coffee shop came into their view. Hurriedly they stopped to order some drinks. 

Kyungsoo is standing infront of the counter, eyes traveling the menu option on top of the cashier while gripping the younger's wallet. Jongin is handsomely standing next to him like some gorgeous model ripped out right from a fashion magazine, speaking something that disinterests Kyungsoo. 

The quiet expression of the older instantaneously ceasing Jongin from speaking. Instead he pouted, Kyungsoo questioningly glared at him, anticipating for the bubbly Jongin's next move.

And the older momentarily regretted halting the sun kissed male from speaking when suddenly his fingers are pressed against his cheeks. 

Kyungsoo shivers under Jongin's burning touches. Yearning for more, Kyungsoo unconsciously closes his eyes. Jongin began trailing his face, fingertips leaving burning marks against the older's skin. 

From his thick eyebrows to the bridge of his nose Kyungsoo felt the fire burning his alabaster skin. Jongin touches him tenderly, trailing south until he stopped to play with his thick lips. Up, down, up, down, Jongin's finger is familiarizing the older's lips.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes only to find Jongin intently staring at his red pair. And everyone blurs, everthing around them disappears into thin air. 

"J-j-jongin?" He smirked, finger still on Kyungsoo's lip while his eyes met his. 

"Hmm?" Jongin hummed.

"D-do you want to eat something?" 

"Just coffee for now hyung. We can eat before going home."

Concealing the bright tomato red face Kyungsoo has the poor boy hastily turns to the barista to order for their coffee. The two of them only hang out during weekends since they attend different schools. After class hours it is impossible for them to meet since they have their own clubs at school. Swimming club for Jongin while Kyungsoo is on his final year in the photography club.

Kyungsoo sips his coffee freely while Jongin is undergoing a rough time squeezing his frame in between crowds. Mentally cursing when the tiny older male walks ahead as if Jongin is not with him. 

"!" Jongin curses after bumping into someone. Turns out that Kyungsoo halted his pace after noticing he almost lost Jongin in the crowd. "Why did you stop hyung?" The younger grunted in pain.

"Oh, I waited for you. Sorry." He bit his lips in guilt, thinking about something before shamelessly lending a hand to the younger.

"It's fine." Jongin acted unaffected by the sudden thoughtfulness yet still grabbing the helping hand. "It's not your fault that you are short anyway." Kyungsoo halted his pace with the indirect insult Jongin said, he kind of felt the younger tightening their interlacing fingers.

"What-" 

"Hyung let's ride that one!" Avoiding the impending wrath of the Do Kyungsoo, Jongin excitedly pulled the round eyes older pointing him the roller coaster.

Kyungsoo secretly smiles at that.

Honestly, Kyungsoo isn't an adventurous boy. Watching updated episodes of his favorite animes could already bring him happiness. But doing extreme sports, riding torturous ride on the amusement park is a big no to him.

Maybe because he is scared but the sole reason to why he never tries is that why would he need to experience such life threatening rides to feel alive. Are emotions aren't enough? 

But with Jongin he is safe and he will ing try to ride every roller coaster the younger wanted to without passing out. Besides it is his choice to hangout in an amusement park.

Twenty minutes before midnight, the park is about to close but there remained one ride they haven't tried yet- ferris wheel. Jongin insisted not to ride complaining how lame it is however the power of Kyungsoo's deathly glare managed to convince the younger. 

Kyungsoo is undoubtedly strange during the ferris wheel ride Jongin had notice. The older isn't scared as he is just sitting right there across Jongin, eyes closed and head leaning against the metallic railing behind his head.

It worries Jongin somehow but then he asked nothing granting Kyungsoo the tranquility of their long quiet ride. 

Then fireworks beautifully painting the dark monotonous and mundane sky. The magnificent bright explosions from the outside world remained ignored as both boys got caught up with their own thoughts. 

It was the most intense ride of Jongin's life. The younger see Kyungsoo as an unyielding man. Probably the only cold hearted person he literally know. But during the ride, Jongin witnessed another side of the smaller man. Of course, every person resembles an angel as they sleep but how could satan Soo looks like a cherubin for just by closing his eyes?

"Yah, Jongin. Hurry up my stomach is starving!" Kyungsoo yelled to bring the occupied Jongin back to his senses.

"Sorry hyung." Jongin apologized while increasing his steps. "Where do you wanted to eat?" Heedlessly, Jongin placed an arm above Kyungsoo's shoulder pulling him close to him. 
"Let's eat at the nearest food stall. I am fine with it." Helplessly, Kyungsoo didn't shove the warm arms enveloping him, relishing internally.

Maybe it is the hunger or the chilly temperature that is continuously affecting Kyungsoo's mood after the last ride. One moment he is all smiles and excessively communicative but after a few minutes the taciturn Kyungsoo returns. 

That is why Jongin decided to remained quiet, stuffing ramen noodles and kimbap on his mouth concealing the triggering words begging to be spoken.

"Hyung. You do realize you are being weird since that ferris wheel ride right?" Jongin tried, intolerant of the gloomy aura lingering the older.

Kyungsoo stiffens with the unforeseen  question.

"My mother used to ride the ferris wheel with me." Kyungsoo opens up. "Every year on my birthday since I was 7 but then when they divorced she apparently stopped being my mother too." The melancholy tone was highly noticed by the sensitive Jongin. "But it's fine. That is life. People eventually change and so does emotions."

"Hyung." Kyungsoo almost jumps backward when Jongin carelessly hops in front of him. "Let's forget ferris wheel. From now on, we will ride the roller coaster instead!" That supposed to be comforting line which turns out to be a sappy one made Kyungsoo wholeheartedly laugh. 

"How about we ride a bike instead? I think it's safer." 

"Yeah whatever suits you hyung."

Usually, it is the bus stop where the two of them part ways but that night despite how late the clock reminding Jongin, he chooses to walk back Kyungsoo until his house. The older refuses at first argumenting the time when Luhan called Jongin he is with the Do's household and wil be running late, Kyungsoo finally agreed.

 


Sun kissed skin soaking wet with mixtures of tears and sticky sweat. Without stopping the groom who just got stood up by a lover tirelessly runs around every possible place where the runaway groom might be. 

Withstanding the embarassment he increases his pace trying not to waste his precious time. He fathoms the reason why he got stood up but Jongin loves Kyungsoo so damn much.

He needed Kyungsoo, like how the human longs for oxygen to live. Jongin is a useless bastard without his other half, he is nothing but a mere human body without life.

Checking the time, four long hours had already passed. Kyungsoo might already been bearing his surname right now if only that one phone call never happened.

Jongin runs in an unbelievably speed. Praying to find Kyungsoo at the place where he thinks he is. 

And so he continue to run. And run. And run. And endlessly runs until he finds his lover.

Panting and exhausted, Jongin ignored his lungs needs for amount of oxygen. Pushing the old rusty locked gates until it is broken, Jongin stood up in front of the exact ferris wheel where for the first time he found Kyungsoo adorable. 

To his dismay, he found the abandoned amusement park empty, there was no one alive in the said location, not a single bird just insects he thought.

"Hyung!" Jongin screamed trying his luck, praying Kyungsoo is hidden somewhere his eyes could not see. "Hyung!!! Where are you?" On top of of his lungs he continues.

But nothing, the only response he got is the echoing sound of his screams. 

He is broken. He is supposed to be crying and moping someplace else. 

Kyungsoo is unworthy of his love after giving up. But Kyungsoo loves him, that one thing Jongin is certain and nothing would ever change even that whether they get married or not. 

"Kyungsoo hyung!!!" He shouted again. 

With every desperate shouts, comes along Jongin's broken pieces. The longer they are separated the bigger the piece of them they are losing.

"Hyung, where are you? Please come back to me." Jongin finally breaks down on his knees. 

The pain is tormenting every inch of him, the throbbing aching muscle of him is tearing apart in an animalistic way. It is too ing painful all he could do is cry. His shuddering tiny frame was being hugged and comforted by the dirty solid ground. 

"Hyung.. hyung.. Kyungsoo hyung.." As if the runaway's name is a mantra or some sort of spell, Jongin repeatedly called his lover's name. 

Withstanding the coldness of the ground, Jongin laid there. Wishing to be found, praying to be saved by Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo alon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter