Final

Friend Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Reading^^

"Sun's gonna go down soon. We'd best make camp for the night."

Kyungsoo looked out at the stretch of wilderness ahead of them. The thick forest they'd been walk through had thinned, slightly, but they were still a half-day's from their little adventure. Stopping now did seem like a wise idea. They could catch some sleep, rest their weary legs, and be back on the trail right after sunrise. Kyungsoo turned to his partner, Jongin slash best friend forever, and asked, "Here is good?"

"As good as anywhere else. My legs is as tired as I am, i ain't up for much more walk tonight. Besides, I know this area remember?. There's a little stream right up ahead where I can get us some fresh water and refresh."

The two of them slowed their journey to a stop. I will set up the tent. Maybe you can get a fire started; it's gonna get cold tonight."

Kyungsoo nodded, and Jongin started. Kyungsoo spent a few minutes going through their packs, taking out what they'd need for camp. Then he gathered up some kindling to build a campfire.

Dusk had fallen and night was threatening to cloak the forest in darkness by the time Jongin returned to the campsite after deciding to freshen up in the river after finishing their tent. His hair was wet, the blond strands curling around his forehead and the back of his neck. "Sorry I took so long," he apologized. "I just wanted to freshen up a bit while I had a chance."

A small fire was burning and Kyungsoo had laid out what remained of their food supply. "No worries," Kyungsoo told Jongin as he sat down in front of the fire, across from Jongin. They planned this camp for at least three to four day and this is their second day. There is still a lot of their food supply contain some beef, a hunk of stale bread, a few rice cakes, few pack of instant ramen and some apples.

Jongin tore off a piece of the bread and chewed on it. "First thing I'm gonna do when we get back is I'm gonna have me a big mouth of your kimchi spaghetti again and a bottle of soju.

"You drink too much, Jongin and this is only our second night here.You just ate it a day before."

"Come on,you know I love your cooking too much and no, I only drink to relax for a few bottle."

"But still, it is not healthy."

"You're my my best friend, Soo, not my doctor. I don't want to hear it."Jongin whined.

Kyungsoo raised his hands in defeat and dropped the subject.

Dinner, such as it was, then passed with minimal conversation, at least on Kyungsoo's part. Jongin chattered on about various matters, mostly things of little importance. Kyungsoo nodded and commented occasionally, but for the most part simply sat, eating and watching Jongin. When the very simple meal was finished, Jongin busied himself with cleaning. Kyungsoo watched silently as Jongin worked. After a while Kyungsoo finally drew his eyes away from his companion and let out a small but audible sigh.

After finished, Jongin just sat there across the fire from Kyungsoo, arms hugging his knees, eyes focused on something out in the distance. He smiled slightly as he spoke. "It's nice out here, ain't it? I like being out in the wilderness, under the stars, don't you?"

"It's hard to see the stars through all these trees," Kyungsoo pointed out as he looked upward.

"Yeah, well, you know what I mean. I guess I wish I have some serena life like we have here. My father wanted me to stay in school, become a lawyer or politician or something, but I couldn't deal with that, you know? No freedom, no fun, no fame and fortune to be found."

Kyungsoo said nothing and merely nodded his head, as he had been doing most of the night.

"You okay, buddy? You're awful quiet tonight."

"I am fine, Jongin."

Jongin shrugged. "I thought maybe you had something on your mind. I mean, I'm used to you being the strong and silent type, but not this silent."

"I..." Kyungsoo started, but then he shoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter