My Valentine Next Door

My Valentine Next Door


AJQCr0_UX0NvAN1Dfd3s2IC38ESKQp1_W211zzCbN__KYYJZMdEvSG1B-aQwcRh5YjIetXEXYOFt5p1DujELRzvE_50JbeOf1qyEi4pWcUoAvepHrLoFkMwH7CJWstFMYPezP8Su

Sehun sat down on his couch and wiped the sweat off his forehead.

“This was the last one, thanks for helping me out Chan.”

It had been a long day moving all his furniture so he wasn’t surprised to see it was already dark outside.

“I’m so hungry,” Chanyeol said as he sat down next to Sehun “But I don’t suppose you’re planning to cook us a nice meal after all of our hard work.”

“Well if you’re willing to unbox all the stuff you just brought in then I’d be happy to.”

He saw Chanyeol looking over his shoulder towards the kitchen, eyeing the dozens of boxes just sitting there on the ground “Nevermind, let’s order some pizza.”

“Good idea.” Sehun stood up and walked towards the stairwell “Jongin! Come down.” He yelled.

Just a few seconds later a head appeared around the corner upstairs “What’s up?”

“We’re ordering pizza, you coming down to pick one?”

“I’ll be down in a bit, just have a few boxes left to move to your bedroom.”

“Alright, we’ll wait for you.”

Sehun walked back to the living room with a smile. He was really thankful for his friends for helping him with moving all of his stuff. He didn’t have much but it had still been a lot of work to pack all of his belongings in boxes and driving it over to his new house.

While Chanyeol was busy staring at his phone, Sehun looked around him. His house still needed a lot of work to make it feel like a home, but he was happy he could move here so fast, even if it was just a simple, small house. Anything  was better than his old apartment that was falling apart and where the neighbours were constantly fighting, screaming so loud even Sehun could hear every single word of their conversation.

Sehun turned around when he felt a hand on his shoulder “So I suppose you’re paying?” Jongin stood behind him, a smile on his face and puppy eyes on full display.

“Alright, fine.” Sehun laughed “Because you both worked so hard.”   

“Cool! Chanyeol, order me the biggest chicken pizza they have.”

 

The next morning Sehun got out of his bed when it was almost lunchtime. His friends had stayed longer than he honestly would have wanted but he couldn’t have forced them to leave after helping him all day. Luckily he had taken a few days off work to unbox all his stuff and do some more work in the house.

Sehun stepped into the kitchen and opened the fridge. “Really?” he mumbled to himself. How could he be so stupid to forget he just moved here a day ago and hadn’t done any grocery shopping yet? His eyes suddenly went to the kitchen counter. He made a disgusted face when opening the greasy pizza box, but the cold pizza leftovers were what he had to settle with right now, since he was too hungry to to get ready and head out for breakfast.

He took a quick shower and looked at himself in the mirror as soon as he was done. He brushed his hand through his hair and made a mental note to dye his hair soon because the black roots were already starting to show up again in between the blond strands of hair. He was searching through one of the boxes in the bathroom for a razor and shaving scream when the doorbell suddenly rang.

He knew Chanyeol was coming over today to help him paint the spare bedroom and the hallway, but Sehun was pretty sure he’d come sometime in the late afternoon. But he knew Chanyeol had the habit of being earlier for their appointments so he quickly went downstairs with a towel around his waist being the only thing covering his bare body.

Sehun opened the front door and was about to call out Chanyeol’s name, but was surprised when his giant friend was not standing in front him, but a rather small, young woman.

“Ooh.” she was blushing slightly when she noticed his lack of clothing “I’m sorry, I hope I didn’t interrupt anything.”

“Oh no, I was just done showering. Can I help you?”

“My name is Jiseo.” she smiled “I live next door.”

“Nice to meet you Jiseo, I’m Sehun.” he bowed slightly to her, scared of the towel falling off if he moved too much.

“I noticed you moving in all your stuff yesterday, are you now living here officially?”

“Uhm yeah.”

“Great.” she smiled again “I brought this as a gift, to welcome you to the neighborhood.”

Sehun only noticed the small box she was holding when she handed it to him. Sehun peeked inside the box and saw the fresh mochi inside, making his mouth water. “Thank you.”

“If you need any help with the house just let me know okay? I’m sure my boyfriend would be happy to help.”

“I’ll keep it in mind.” Sehun wasn’t that much of a social person, but he felt like he needed to say this just to be polite “Why don’t you and your boyfriend come over sometime soon, so we can get to know each other?”

“That sounds great, we’ll definitely do that! Alright it was nice to meet you Sehun, I won’t hold you up any longer, see you soon!” she turned around, her long black hair flowing behind her as she walked off.

She was very pretty, he had to admit that, even though he’d known for a while now he didn’t really prefer girls, probably around his own age. Maybe having a chat with her and her boyfriend wouldn’t be that bad, what was really the worst thing that could happen? Sehun let out a small laugh, because the first thing that came to his mind was getting a crush on her boyfriend.

 

Three days, four cans of paint and many empty boxes later, Sehun’s was finally done. Of course there were still a few details that he still needed to work on, but for now this was more than enough.

He was very happy to finish today because Jiseo, the girl from next door, had asked to come over tonight. He wanted to leave a good impression on his new neighbours so he’d spend over an hour after his dinner to tidy the whole place

He the doorbell rang he quickly fixed his hair before opening it, wanting to make a good impression on the new neighbours.

“Hi!” Jiseo happily waved at Sehun when he opened the door.

Sehun greeted her back, noticing she was as pretty as last time with her hair now two braids and a cute flowery dress, but his eyes soon went the the person standing next to her.

For some reason Sehun has expected some kind of tall, muscular guy to arrive with her on his doorstep, but he had been so wrong…

The guy wasn't tall, taller than his girlfriend but not even close to Sehun's height. Nor was he muscular, he had a rather small frame with wide hips and full thighs.

“This is Baekhyun.” Jiseo said looking to her left.

Baekhyun held his hand out in front of Sehun, who took it in his own slightly sweaty one. “Nice to meet you Sehun.” His smile was beautiful, so were his eyes. It was weird that Sehun couldn't call the guy handsome but rather… cute, or even pretty.

“N-nice to meet you too.” he stuttered slightly when talking.

“I feel like you're a bit nervous, no need to be.” Baekhyun said with a bright smile “We're very nice people. I think we'll get along just fine.”

Sehun stepped aside and motioned for the two to come in. Jiseo was first, with Baekhyun following right behind her. Sehun closed the front door, and when he turned back around, he caught Baekhyun looking at him, giving Sehun a wink before continuing following his girlfriend's footsteps.

Sehun gave them a tour around the house, it wasn’t big so there really wasn’t much to show, but he was really nervous about the last room left to visit.

“So this is where all the magic happens.” Baekhyun said as soon as they entered Sehun’s bedroom.

“Ooh I totally haven’t asked.” Jiseo turned to Sehun “Are you living here all by yourself? Or is your girlfriend moving in soon?”

“Ooh.. I… I don't have a girlfriend, I'm single.”

“Really? Jiseo said with disbelief in her voice “Can you believe that Baek?”

“He has to be lying, how a can handsome guy like him not have the girls all lining up for him?”

Sehun didn't even dare to look at Baekhyun as he spoke. The thing was Baekhyun was right, he was one of the popular boys in school, anonymous love confessions regularly found in his locker or sometimes girls just coming up to him and begging for his attention. But of course there was one problem…

“I don't really like girls…”

“What?” Jiseo said surprised.

“Wait no, I didn't really mean it like that.” he definitely used the wrong words “I meant I'm not attracted to girls.”

“Oh my… I would've never guessed.” she sounded a bit shocked at first but soon her bright smile returned “There’s nothing wrong with that though.”

Sehun appreciated the words, but he noticed her grabbing her boyfriend arm just a big tighter than before.

“Let’s go back to the living room and I’ll get you guys something to drink.” Sehun said to avoid more questions. He let the couple walk the stairs first, but couldn't help but to stare at Baekhyun, who in return wasn’t afraid to stare back whenever Jiseo wasn’t watching.  

 

“I think it’s time for us to go.” Jiseo said after about an hour of chatting and she stood up form the couch, grabbing Baekhyun’s hand to make him do the same thing. “You probably have work tomorrow too.”

“I actually work at home so it’s fine, you can stay a bit more if you want.”

“No it’s fine,” Baekhyun said “We can’t leave our baby alone for too long anyways. He probably misses us.”

A baby? They couple was only a few years older than Sehun, he didn’t expect them to have a child already. “You.. you have a baby?”

Jiseo suddenly started laughing “Kinda. We have a small dog, Baekhyun calls him our baby.”

That explained at lot, it actually made Sehun excited for tomorrow when he was finally going to be reunited with his child again. “I have a dog too, but he’s not here now. He will be coming here tomorrow.” Sehun didn’t want his little Vivi around when they were still doing all kinds of renovations, so in the meantime he had stayed with Chanyeol and his girlfriend, but since the house as good as done now it was time for him to come back to his owner.

“That’s cute, I can’t wait to see him!” Jiseo said “Well we should really go now. It was nice to meet you Sehun. You’re welcome to visit us anytime you want and just let us know if we can help you with anything.”

Sehun walked the couple to the door and waved at them before closing it and going back to the living room. He had heard horror stories from other people, about fights with neighbours and people who wouldn’t leave you alone, so Sehun should be pretty happy with the ones he had. But somehow, one half of the couple made him feel very uncomfortable, and not because he didn’t like him.

 

“Vivi, come here!”

Sehun was getting totally ignored by his dog who was running around in the backyard.

“Vivi! Stop digging!”

The little white devil was getting rid of all the soil in the newly planted garden.

“You can run on the grass, leave my flowers alone.”

“Having any problems?” Sehun jumped as he got scared by a voice coming from the other side of the fence. Suddenly Baekhyun’s head popped just over the edge and smiled “It sounds like he doesn’t want to listen.”

Sehun sighed “Not really… He’s very energetic today.”

“Hey, little one.” Baekhyun said and Vivi immediately ran towards the part of fence where Baekhyun was standing behind. “How about we take you to the dog park?”

“Dog park?” Sehun asked..

“Yeah it’s only a ten minute walk from here. I can take Vivi there if you are too busy to, I was going later today anyways.”

A dog park seemed like something he could visit more often and could actually be fun for Vivi “That sounds great, do you mind me coming with you? I’d like to see where it is so I could take her there more often.”     

“No of course that’s okay, I’ll grab Mongryong and meet you in the front.”

Baekhyun disappeared and Sehun suddenly realised he was about to head out alone with Baekhyun, if he didn’t count the dogs. It suddenly didn’t seem like such a good idea anymore.

“Nice leash.” Baekhyun laughed when Sehun stepped outside of his house.

“I-It’s only a temporary one.” Sehun looked at the bright pink leash, which to make it worse, was also covered in little sparkly hearts. Chanyeol had somehow managed to break Vivi’s leash when he was staying over with him, so he had sent his girlfriend out to buy a new dog leash and this was the result.

“It looks like they are getting along.” Baekhyun said looking at the two dogs inspecting each other.

They were already challenging each other to a playfight and the sight made Sehun smile. Baekhyun’s dog was a rather large Corgi and it’s playful facial features and bright eyes somehow reminded Sehun of its owner.  

“So yeah this is Mongryong, he’s three years old now, I’ve had him ever since I moved into this house. Come on, let’s go.”

“You’ve lived here for three years already?” Sehun asked as he started walking next to Baekhyun.     

“Yeah, I never liked the idea of an apartment so with a bit of financial help from my parents I bought this house after I finished college.”

“So does Jiseo live with you?”

“Well technically no, she lives with her grandparents but she’s pretty much always at my place. I actually met her because I bought the house from her parents who were moving to the other side of the country.”

“That’s… cute.” somewhere inside of him he felt happy for Baekhyun. Jiseo was a lovely girl and they seemed like the perfect couple, but there was one obvious reason why it was bothering him that Baekhyun wasn’t single.

“She is planning to move in soon but she’s still in university so maybe in a year or so when she finishes.”

“Hmm..” Sehun was still in his own thoughts.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just thinking about stuff. He needed to quickly change the topic, he didn’t really want to hear more about the elders happy relationship. “So you didn’t have work today?”

“Nope, I’m always free on Fridays. I like having a long weekend and a day off to play with my puppy.”

Sehun watched how Mongryong walked in front of Baekhyun properly, just looking around a bit without bothering Baekhyun in any way. Vivi on the other hand, was swaying from left to right, pulling at the leash whenever he saw something interesting and wanting to go in it’s direction.

“You seemed to have trained him really well.”

“I used to take him to Dog Training School, it really helps you bond with your dog too.”

Sehun did a short puppy training with his dog, but he soon prefered to just stay home with Vivi and cuddle with him. Maybe now he should reconsider taking him to some kind of training after all.

“How long have you had Vivi?”

“I got him about two years ago, he was a gift from my parents.” Sehun laughed thinking about the moment his mother came into his apartment with the small white puppy. “I didn't really like dogs.”

“Why didn't you reject him then?”

“They were scared I'd feel alone living by myself, and I thought they had a point, so I decided to try it out.” he looked at Vivi running in front of him, and if he knew what he was thinking he looked back at him “I haven't regretted any second of it.”

“A guy whose heart can be melted by a dog, that's what I like to see.”

It surprised Sehun how easy it was to talk to Baekhyun alone, but he still couldn't stop the blush from rushing to his cheeks whenever the elder complimented or even said anything slightly positive about him.

After a few more minutes of sharing funny dog stories, they reached the park. A lot of people, especially couples, were out here today, probably because of the nice weather. They walked their dogs towards the big pen where they were allowed the walk around without a leash.  

Baekhyun and Sehun were standing next to each other, leaning on the fence while watching all the dogs in the park interact with each other and just enjoying the warm summer day.

“We should do this more often, it seems like they’re really enjoying playing together.”

They really do.” Sehun watched how Vivi was being chased by Baekhyun’s dog, he hadn’t seen him so happy in months. Sehun smiled at the sight but got distracted when Baekhyun suddenly laughed “What’s so funny?”

“You know what this reminds me of? Have you ever seen 101 Dalmatians?”

“I have.”

“You know then the dogs fall in love with each other, and not long after the same thing happens to their owners? This reminds me of it. “

“What do you mean?” Sehun asked in confusion.

“That we’re also hanging out because of our dogs, and it seems we’re getting along just as well as they are. So it's like the movie, only we're friends, not lovers.”

“Yeah… friends…”

 

“So how many times have you met up with this guy now?”

“Just a few times. We run into each other sometimes on the streets but we have gone to the dog park now together every Friday ever since I lived here.”

“Here.” Chanyeol handed Sehun his movie ticket “I still think you are crazy by the way.”

Sehun knew he was crazy for liking a guy who was not only in a relationship with someone else, but also with a girl. He knew he had zero chances with the guy, but he couldn’t stop himself for feeling this way every time he was around Baekhyun.

The more he hung out with the elder, the more comfortable he felt around him, but also the more he fell in love. At first he was sure that Sehun just liked how Baekhyun looked, which was not weird since the guy was literally his ideal type. But now that he started to get to know his personality more and more he couldn’t call this a small crush anymore, this was a serious problem.  

“Sehun just needs to get laid, I’ve seen him like this before with a guy in high school.” Jongin said laughing. “It’s probably been a while since he got any.”

Sehun hit his friend on the shoulder “Shh, don’t talk so loud.” They entered the little food and drinks store within the movie theater and it was packed with people “It’s none of your business okay?”

“So it’s true.” Jongin teased “I really think you should go out this weekend and have some fun.”

That didn’t sound like a bad idea actually. It’s been a while since they went out to a club or bar on Saturday night and just had a good time. “I mean I would be up for it. Are you guys in?”

Chanyeol and Jongin looked at each other for a few seconds and then both, with guilt in their eyes, turned towards Sehun. “We already… we have plans for this weekend.” Jongin said.

“What are you guys doing?” Sehun was confused, and maybe a bit jealous when he heard his friends had made plans without him.

“Well... “ Chanyeol started. “It’s Valentine's day next week, so we’re going on a double date this weekend to celebrate it.”

“Ooh… of course.”

They grabbed some snacks with drinks and quickly headed towards their auditorium, Sehun quietly following his friends. Of course he couldn’t be mad at them, he couldn’t blame them for leaving him out for this weekend since he was on his own. But getting reminded of it was still as painful as it had been all these past years.

“Where should we sit?” Chanyeol asked when they entered the theater.

It wasn’t that busy, so they had plenty of choices. They walked up the stairs to sit somewhere at the top, when someone suddenly called for Sehun.

“Sehun! Over here!”

Sehun looked at the direction the voice came from and froze.

“Who’s that?” Jongin asked, but as soon as he saw Sehun’s face he didn’t need to ask more “Ooh.. I think I know already.”

Baekhyun sat there in the middle of the second to last row, happily waving at Sehun and with Jiseo right beside him.

“Come sit with us.” Baekhyun said.

Sehun was still frozen in his spot, but Jongin gave him a small push towards the couple “Come on loverboy.” he said silently while laughing.

“Uuh… hi .” he said awkwardly as he sat down next to Baekhyun.

“Are these your friends?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah, this is Jongin, and that’s Chanyeol.” Sehun said pointing at his friends, who gave the couple friendly smiles.

“I’m Baekhyun, Sehun’s neighbour.” Baekhyun said, introducing himself to the two “And this is Jiseo.”

Sehun noticed Jiseo wasn’t as happy with the arrival of Sehun and his friend as her boyfriend was. She looked rather annoyed, and Sehun couldn’t blame her. What she pictured as a nice night with her and her boyfriend, just totally got ambushed by Sehun and his friends.

“I wouldn’t take you for the type to watch romantic movies.” Baekhyun said laughing.

“He’s not.” Chanyeol answered. “We’re only here because this softy,” Chanyeol pointed at Jongin in between himself and Sehun “doesn’t like watching stuff with violence in it.”

“I just don’t like to see blood and limbs flying around okay?” Jongin whined.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed out loud, but just like Jiseo, Sehun was silent and just looked toward the screen, waiting for the movie to start, the sooner the better.

Luckily they didn’t have to wait long and soon the lights went out, forcing the group to keep silent and focus on the movie, but Sehun couldn’t help but to focus on something else.

Even though it was dark, he could still clearly see the outline of Baekhyun’s face. He was laughing whenever Baekhyun laughed at something funny happened on the screen, he smiled with him whenever something sweet was shown. Already knowing this was going to happen in a romantic movie, he looked away when the kissing scene appeared. It wasn’t that he couldn’t watch it, just that he was already reminded of his single status today in a painful way, and he didn’t need it again. So instead of watching the two main characters sharing sweet kisses, he looked over to his side, but to his surprise Baekhyun was looking straight at him.

 

Sehun was just playing a game on his phone while lying in bed when he got a new message.

Baekhyun: How are you? You looked a bit down tonight when I first saw you

Baekhyun was probably talking about the moment he stepped into the movie theater, after he knew his friends couldn’t hang out with him this weekend for a not so pleasant reason.

Sehun: Yeah nothing’s wrong.

He didn’t wanna look pathetic in front of Baekhyun so it was just better to lie.

Baekhyun: Come on, I could see it on your face. Tell me what was wrong.

Sehun: It’s nothing special. I was just a bit disappointed that my friends didn’t wanna go out this Saturday.

Even if he wasn’t able to fool the elder, he could still just tell half of the story.

Baekhyun: go out as in to a club?

Sehun: Yeah

Baekhyun: I could go with you, Jiseo is going to visit a friend so I'll be bored anyways

Sehun was really considering throwing his phone out of the window right now. Did he really think it was smart to send this next message?

Sehun: Sure

Baekhyun: Cool ^^ I know a really fun club not to far from here, we can walk there. I’ll be at your house at 10 on Saturday, is that okay?

This was his last chance to back out of this.

Sehun: I’ll be ready.

 

Sehun regretted his decision so much. When he opened the door Baekhyun was right in front of him, dressed in all black and he looked amazing. The leather pants tightly hugging his perfect legs with a leather jacket on top of it to compliment his look even more.

“You ready to go?”

Sehun took a deep breath before answering with a very shaky ‘yes’.

The club was very crowded and the temperature was rising from all the dancing people. They were there for not even half an hour and Baekhyun had already taken of his jacket and Sehun was mad at Baekhyun for doing that, not that he didn’t like seeing more of the elder’s figure, rather the opposite.

“Let’s dance.” Baekhyun said as he grabbed Sehun’s wirst, dragging him onto the dance floor after they finished their first drinks.

He followed Baekhyun until they found a small open spot right in the middle of the crowd.

“Can you dance?” Sehun asked. He was pretty sure of his own skills since he used to be in his high school's dance team, the place where he also met Jongin.

“Not really.” Baekhyun said with a shy smile “You?”

“I can.” Sehun said with full confidence and Baekhyun noticed the sudden daring tone of his voice.

“Alright, let’s show me what you’ve got then.”

With the alcohol of his first drink already flowing through his body he closed his eyes and concentrated on the music. He stared moving to the rhythm slowly and picked up his dancing speed as the music did too. He didn’t even focus on Baekhyun, he only heard the music and people around him didn’t exist anymore.

He had no idea for how long he had been going but he noticed the music change and he slowed down his movements, and looked at the boy in front of him. Baekhyun's facial expression was a mix of shock, surprise and something that Sehun couldn’t really place but was closest to what he would call… lust.

It took Baekhyun a few seconds before talking, like he had to get himself out of his thoughts. “Wow… that was very… impressive.”

“Would you like to learn?” Sehun asked, reaching out his hand for Baekhyun to take it.

For the first time Baekhyun was the one having doubt in his eyes. Normally it would be Sehun but this time he seemed to have found a way to make Baekhyun think twice before going through with what he was doing.

Baekhyun slowly laid his hand in Sehun’s who tightly grabbed it and pulled Baekhyun towards him. He turned the elder around, making Baekhyun face away from him and closing the distance between them by standing closer and pressing his chest against Baekhyun’s back.

“Just close your eyes and listen to the music.”

He slightly tilted his head forwards to see the side of Baekhyun’s face, he had listened to him and closed his eyes.

Sehun’s mouth was close to Baekhyun’s ear and he could feel the elder shiver as he talked. “Can you feel it?”  

Baekhyun slowly nodded in response. Sehun carefully placed one of his hands on Baekhyun’s hip and pushed it back onto his own.

“All you have to do is move to the rhythm, as long as you do that you can’t do much wrong.”

Sehun started swaying his hips to the slow song that was playing loudly, moving Baekhyun's along with him but Baekhyun didn’t really seem to want to work with him.

“You seem tense.” Sehun said, now moving his hands to Baekhyun's stomach, he noticed the fast and irregular breathing of the elder.

Baekhyun suddenly opened his eyes when he felt Sehun’s hand move over his body. He got out of Sehun’s grip and took a few steps away from him.

“I.. I need to go to the bathroom real quick.”

“Ooh okay.”

“Let’s get some drinks on the way.”

Baekhyun seemed uncomfortable and walked away fast, with Sehun following close behind. Sehun stopped at the bar and watched Baekhyun walk off on his own towards the toilets. Did he ruin it? Was he being too touchy? It wasn’t even his plan, he didn’t know where this sudden confidence came from. He was just planning a fun night out with Baekhyun, just like friends, because that’s what they ultimately were and would always remain.

He let out a deep sigh, he really wasn’t going to be able to enjoy tonight after this. Going home wasn’t really an option, they hadn’t even been here for long, so he only saw one solution to forget and release all the tension in his body.

 

“I hate you Baekhyun!”

“I doubt that.” Baekhyun said laughed as he dragged Sehun up the stairs.

“I really hate you.”

“And why is that?” They finally reached Sehun’s bedroom and Baekhyun was happy he finally could get Sehun’s weight of his shoulder and placed the younger on the bed.

“Because you have a girlfriend.”

“Why, does that make me boring?” He started to take Sehun’s shoes of for him, since Sehun was so far gone he wasn’t even able to take of his own clothes anymore.

“I wanna be your girlfriend.”

“Really?” Baekhyun snorted “I don't think that's possible Sehun.”

“Why not? Am I not pretty enough?”

“You’re very pretty Sehun, if you want I’ll buy you a nice pair of heels to go with your favorite dress.

“I don’t wear dresses! I’m a very manly man.”

Baekhyun smiled at Sehun. He didn’t know why Sehun decided to go all out tonight but he kinda enjoyed seeing him acting cute like this. Pouting whenever Baekhyun and even being on the verge of crying at the club when Baekhyun told him it was time to leave.

“I still hate you.”

“You don’t.” Baekhyun said and walked away form the bed to get a glass of water for Sehun from the bathroom upstairs.

“Come back! Don’t leave me alone, I’m scared!” he heard Sehun yell from the other room and with a smile he went back with a filled glass and placed it on the nightstand.

“What’s that?” Sehun said pointing at the glass “More alcohol?”

“Yes, a very good one, You should make sure to not waste any drop of it.” Baekhyun sat down on the edge of the bed as he watched Sehun down the whole glass of water in one gulp.

“I don’t really hate you.” Sehun said so quietly that Baekhyun could barely understand him.

“What did you say?”

“Come closer.”

Baekhyun leaned over and Sehun did too “I like you.” he whispered in the elder’s ear.

“What?” Baekhyun quickly sat back up straight and looked at him in confusion.

“Sorry, I said it wrong.” Baekhyun looked relieved, but Sehun wasn’t done speaking “I love you.”

“Sehun you’re drunk,” Baekhyun quickly answered “You don’t know what you’re saying.”

“Do you love me too?”

Sehun looked at him and Baekhyun noticed something in Sehun’s eyes. “Are you serious about this?”

“Yeah.” Sehun said quietly and Baekhyun looked down at his hands. Nervously playing with his own fingers and not saying anything. “Baekhyun?”

“You should get some sleep.” Baekhyun stood up form the bed and walked towards the door but turned around just before leaving the room. He opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but after some silence he continued his way and closed the door behind him, leaving a drunk and emotional Sehun behind.

 

“You wanna play outside? Go on.”

Sehun opened the back door for Vivi and watched him rush into the backyard. It had been really sunny the past few days and Sehun really wanted to take his laptop outside and do his work while enjoying the sun, but there was something holding him back.

Ever since Saturday he hadn’t talked to Baekhyun. All Sehun remembered was waking up with a bad hangover and only some vague memories form the night before. He had no idea how he even got home or what went down in the club, he could only assume he had done something stupid when he didn’t receive any text from Baekhyun the upcoming days.

It was Tuesday now and he still hasn't talked to the elder. He had thought about texting himself but he was too scared to, too scared of what he had done so he decided just to wait till Friday and see if Baekhyun was up for going to the dog park like they always do.

Lost in his thoughts he suddenly noticed Vivi destroying one of his plants again and angrily he rushed out the door and towards the little white dog. He was about to shout at him but suddenly stopped walking and kept quiet when he heard angry voices coming from the other side of the fence.

“We’ve been planning this for weeks Baek! How can you tell me now that you have to work?”

“I’m sorry babe. If I don’t go I’m really risking my job.”

“But you know I promised my mother to come and visit her, we haven’t been there in almost a year.”

“I’m really sorry Seo, I just can’t say no this time. You can still go to see her right?”

“So That's it? You’re really letting me go on my own?”

“I wish I had a choice but I’m not risking my job for a stupid Valentine's trip and a visit to your mum.”

“Really? That’s what you think of it? A stupid Valentine's trip? I’m so done with you, I don’t want to see your face the next few days.”

That’s when Sehun heard angry footsteps walk away, a door being slammed close and not soon after the sound of a car speeding away on the street. Sehun felt bad, but he also couldn’t deny the little party that was going on inside of his head. He didn’t wanna get too excited over this so he just went inside and made himself some breakfast before taking a shower.

The next day he got out of bed early to get some work done, trying to really clear his mind from everything that had been going in his mind all night, but it wasn't working. So he grabbed Vivi’s leash and took him outside for a walk, a nice jog in the sun would probably do him good.

When he came back he noticed his mailbox being overly filled with letters and with a sigh he took them out of it and walked towards his front door, this is what he got from not taking out his mail every day.

As he walked through the hallways, he checked all the letters, as expected there were a lot of bills and letters from the bank, just what he wasn’t looking forward to be doing today, more administration. But he stopped when he noticed the last two letters.

While still standing in the hallway he opened the first of the two, revealing a cute postcard with a house on it. He opened the card and smiled.

Hi Sehun. I realised we never got you a card for congratulation you on your new house and we felt bad. Let’s be good friends and we hope you have a great time living here. - Baekhyun & Jiseo

This had to be Jiseo’s work, she would be the type to feel bad about not posting a card. He shook his head while laughing and put the last unopened letter on top. This time he didn’t smile while opening it but looked rather confused.

Inside the envelope was a pink and red card with hearts all over it, something a fourteen year old girl would send to her crush. Slightly scared he opened it and read the message inside.

You’re probably surprised getting this card and I can’t blame you for that. We haven't known each other for that long, and to be honest, we haven’t spoken that much to each other but I feel like this is the right thing to do. I really want to get to know you better and I hope you can say the same thing about me. Sehun, will you please be my valentine?

He quickly closed it. This was probably some stupid prank from one of his friends, or maybe it was form that girl across the street who always waved at him and he spoke to a few times. Whoever it was, he wasn’t interested.

The doorbell suddenly rang and out of panic of anyone seeing the Valentine's card he quickly hid it away under the large pile of mail in his hand and opened the door.

The last person he would’ve expected, Baekhyun, was on the other side of the door with a big smile on his face.

“Hi Sehun.”

“Hi.” he awkwardly waves at him “D-don’t you have to work today?” It was weird that Baekhyun was here so suddenly, and Sehun thought this question would maybe reveal him overhearing their conversation, but Baekhyun always worked on Wednesdays do it wasn't too weird to ask.  

“Ooh no, I have a few days off work actually.” Baekhyun said, still with a smile. Sehun didn’t really know what was going on, there was no doubt that he had heard Baekhyun tell Jiseo yesterday that he had to work. “Anyways I was just stopping by to ask if you got my card.”

“Ooh yeah did.” Sehun pulled the postcard with the house from the pile of letters in his hand and showed it to Sehun.

“What is that?” Baekhyun asked and Sehun really was wondering if he was just not really awake yet or if the elder was joking with him.

“It’s a card… from you and Jiseo.”

“Ooh she must’ve sent it then, I'm not talking about that one.”

Confused Sehun went through the letters one by one again. They were all form either companies or about his finances, there was nothing form Baekhyun in this pile. Unless…

Sehun got the pink card form the bottom and put it on top, opening it again and reading the message a few times before looking up to Baekhyun.

“So, what’s your answer?”

 


a/n just a short cute fic, because I felt like writing something for Valentine even though it was kinda last minute