White Day

Valentine's Day Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! I know its too late but Happy White Day last March 14 :D

Thank you to all who subscribed on this story. See you again chingus!

 

Peace yow!~

 

WHITE DAY


AMBER’S POV


February 14

 


“Seriously Amber?! When the hell are you going to grow balls to ask Architect Jung out!?” I spat the Camomile tea I was drinking, hearing my friend and fellow Engineer say those words out loud. Lucky we were the only ones inside the break room or else it will be broadcasted to the whole building. I took my handkerchief inside my jacket and tried to wipe the tea off my shirt. This …

“Yah! Damn you Eric! I have a meeting later with a contractor!”

“Its just tea, it won’t stain. Focus here Engr. Liu, you have to step up the game and finally ask her out! Its not enough that you always just look at her when she comes in by the morning. Not enough that you will go to their floor and take a peek of her going crazy in her work desk. Man up will you!” she pushed my shoulders playfully, even flexing his arms. Stupid…

I gave him a mighty flick on his forehead making him yell in pain. “Yah!”

“First, I don’t have plans of growing balls down there, second… I am not a MAN! I am a WOMAN!” geez… how many times will I explain it to everyone that I am a WOMAN and not a MAN! But I do like one certain woman… kekeke…

“I know bro… sorry… sorry… look, its Valentine’s Day. Why don’t you invite her for a simple dinner or maybe have a walk in the park? You know… try to get to know each other. Bro… you’ve been crushing on Architect Jung the first time you saw her enter the revolving doors of this building! The one time she smiled at you and you were floating like a stoner the whole day…”

Sigh…

I’ve been crushing on this Architect for years now. The first time I saw her three years ago, I was mesmerized by her beauty. Her smile instantly lights up everything… my life if she wants. 

How I knew her name? 

Of course, I have connections. 

*Insert dreamy music*

Architect Jung Soojung. 

Pretty, lovable, kind, talented Architect, a hard worker. 

That is how people around her in the architectural firm she works on describes her. Her best friend Shin Hye said she’s still single and no plans as of now in joining the very complicated world of dating. 

I never once talked to her… ever. I was contented on watching her arrive in the morning, at exactly 7:30 AM passing through the revolving doors in her trench coat or blazer… with a Jansport back pack hanging in her shoulders, her brown leather Architect’s bag in her hand and drawing storage tube in a sling across her body. 

She will greet the guards with a beautiful smile on her face enough to make me day dream about her the whole morning. Mondays to Fridays, except weekends because their office is closed at weekends and Holidays.

I always, always come 10 minutes early just to wait for her enter the building. Sometimes I will make it look like I also came in but the truth is I was waiting for her to come. I know, I sounded like a stalker… but… I don’t know how to talk to her. 

Everytime I will have the courage to go and approach her, introduce myself and ask for her number… I chicken out. I don’t know… its just that… I feel shy. 

I get tongue tied the moment I will approach her to introduce myself. A lot of times the timing is really bad. All I can do is look at her from outside the glass partition of her office when I sneak in inside their firm pretending to look for my friend who also works there. 

But the truth is, I just want to get a glimpse of her and how she is when she’s in her work desk. She looks funny when she gets annoyed with what she is doing that she will ruffle her short hair and bang her head on the table. Cute..~

“Go and get her Engr. Liu! Its Valentine’s Day! Give her chocolates! Do you know what her favorite is?! Ahh! I’ll ask Shin Hye-ssi to ask what her friend--”

“Ferrero Rocher… that’s her favorite.” I mumbled out loud, my cheeks heating up. 

I know what her favorite chocolates is, her friend Shin Hye already gave me a heads up yesterday in case I would like to give some to her friend even though Valentine’s day chocolates are usually given to guys and not girls.

Yeah… her friend knew about my crush on her. Architect Park once caught me taking a peek at the glass doors, nose planted on the glass and a foolish dreamy smile etched on my face. It was really embarrassing when she suddenly blocked the view shocking me. Smiling at me like a devil and pointing at Architect Jung then at me, ending it with a hand shaped like a heart. Goodness! I ran out of their firm like a mouse.

But Architect Park is like a cheetah, she ran after me and cornered me at the Fire Exit. That’s when she asked me if I have something for her best friend or I’m a creepy stalker. Gosh… I told her I like her friend but I don’t have the heart to tell her personally because I’m shy. She just snorted at me and laughed shaking her head. 

You see, Architects and Engineers are two creatures on this industry that we live in who always has a Love-Hate relationship. When building a structure, the Architect and the Engineer must have a good relationship of understanding and open mindedness. Both has to listen effectively to wat the other is saying or else it will be chaos.

An Architect visualizes the structure to be built, putting on the aesthetics needed in their designs. An Engineer is someone who makes it come true by building the structure based on what the Architect envisioned it to be. The problem is, some visions are not that easy, some are over the budget of what the Engineer has that it doesn’t fit in. Sometimes the Law of Physics won’t allow it. The collision of personality and professional goals often makes the Architect and Engineer have a word war on a site. Some even result in a fist fight. 

Without Architects we won’t see these beautifully designed structures that greets us in the morning. But without Engineers, all of that beautifully designed structures will stay as mere drawings collecting dust in some old storage facility.

Architects and Engineers are important in this society, same as how important Doctors and Nurses are.    


Eric kept bugging me the whole day, not forgetting to encourage me again one last time before he went out of our office when it was already time to go home. He still have a date with his girlfriend, the fool expecting the home made chocolates and food his girlfriend made. ‘Dinner by candle light, wine, chocolates, that will end in a bang!’ he said. I don’t want to know what that bang is.

Dragging myself out of the office holding the box of Ferrero Rocher I plan on giving her, I took a deep breath and gathered courage to face the girl who always makes me smile in the morning. The girl running on my mind at night that leaves me sleepless all the time.

Come on Amber! Be brave! Give this chocolates to her and introduce yourself… it won’t hurt if you do! 

This is the chance to step up to that getting-to-know-each-other stage! 

Fixing my long padding, I took deep breaths and went straight to the elevator going down to the lobby. As if the universe is playing with me, the elevator stopped on her floor where she and her fellow Architects also rode down to the lobby. I feel like being freeze on where I am standing, how can I even approach her when I turn into a statue when she’s near me?!

I watch her say goodbye to her friends, the box of Ferrero Rocher on my hands making me sad. How can you be such an idiot Amber?! Its your time to be brave! Go and run after Architect Jung, give those chocolates and tell her she’s pretty and you like her!

Come on! Take the risk.

I went out of the building and saw her already riding her Mini Cooper. I ran to the parking lot but it was too late… she already maneuvered out of the parking space before driving out of the designated parking slots for employees. There goes my baby….

I mean, Architect Jung. There goes Architect Jung! 

Sigh. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jack jack, I think the two of us will be together for the rest of our lives.” I sighed and patted my dog’s head while we walk around the park looking for a place to crash in. After that failed running after the pretty Architect that left me feeling down and stupid, I went to pick up my dog Jack jack at the pet hotel where I leave him when I am at work.  

The box of chocolate still inside my jacket in my hold, not willing to let it go. Its the only thing that excites me… the only thing that I can hold on in this cold Valentine’s Day evening huhuhu (T____T)

“I’m such an idiot Jack jack… a real idiot..”

“Arf arf!” wow. Even my dog agrees.

We were heading by the stairs overlooking the river when I froze on my spot. Its her…

Architect Jung Soojung…. its her…

Should I approach her and finally introduce my self? 

Hey I’m Amber! Nice to see you!

Nah… 

But Amber… this is the moment you have been waiting for! 

Get your right there and greet her, introduce yourself and have a chat with her, give that chocolates! I don’t even know why I have chocolates when it wasn’t even White Day tsss… if I give her this chocolates she will be weirded out because only guys receives chocolates in a day like this. What to do…

I stayed there just standing, watching her drink beer and eat pizza. Her side profile always making me sigh like a fool in love. She was talking… who is she talking to?

She reached for the zipper of her jacket and produced a very cute brown and white chihuahua making me smile and pat Jackjack inside my long padding. “See that JJ? She also likes dogs! We are so compatible, don’t you think?”

“Arf!”

Should I approach her now? I have an alibi with me… I took a step forward then stopped, and turned back again. I can’t do this… 

“Arf arf arf!” 

“JJ… I don’t know what to do…”

“Arf~!” is my dog telling me I’m such a chicken?

Don’t waste this chance Amber… just do it!

I turned around and saw her playing with her dog, the smile on her face giving me the needed courage to finally forget all the worries I have inside me. Remembering what her best friend Architect Park told me earlier today.


“Soojung likes being alone when this day comes…” 

“Why?”

She sighed then smiled warmly at me. “Its the day that makes her sad… so if you are planning something today for her, please make sure you will make her happy and forget about it Engr. Liu…”

“Okay… that is… if I build the courage to approach your friend… hahaha… I can’t even take a single step forward when she’s near!”

“Oh God! You two are fools! I don’t know what to do anymore!” she exclaimed looking frustrated. She raised her arms in resigned. She is really weird. “Don’t be afraid to approach Soojung! She’s kind and fun to be with, at times a total weirdo. But she’s not a homophobe…” she gave me a wink before going back to their office leaving me in a deep thought. 

 
Sigh. This is it! I took a deep breath and took a few steps to approach her, stopping when I heard her voice that made my heart go thumping wildly inside my chest. What a cute voice…

“I know Gongju… its my fourth can now. Don’t worry its the last one… Mommy is still awake and kicking.”

“Arf! Arf! Arf!” 

“I know! They all look stupid! Why don’t they be like us? We are independent woman who doesn’t need a man in our life!” 

Maybe this is my cue…

“I agree to that…” I said to her in a voice loud enough for her to hear. She turned her head around and saw me standing there smiling at her, I don’t know why… but she seems so shock seeing me. Do I look shocking? 

I went down the stairs and sat a few feet away beside her still smiling confidently but deep inside I’m already panicking. 

“Hi. I know you…”

Gathering all the courage I can get, I introduced myself to this very special girl who fitted all the descriptions her best friend said and everything else. She was fun to be with, loves arguments and stating a point, a kid at heart and a big Avenger and DC fan like me. I didn’t gave her the chocolates… I’m too shy to tell her I bought those special golden wrapped chocolates for her.

I fed it to her, all of it. 

The way her eyes lit up and shine brightly when I pull the box of chocolates inside my jacket. It was amazing… her eyes are really beautiful… her eyelashes… her nose… it was different when I look at her from afar… much more different when its near, face to face. It was like seeing her in HD. 

The way she throws back her head while laughing, the way her eyebrows wriggle and that lips of hers that moves when she talks… she pouts… she bites. My throat was dry just by looking at her bite her lips. I wanna bite it too… its probably better than pizza.

The sadness her eyes showed when she told me the story of how she lost her parents on this day. Until now the regret comes back when this day comes every year since they died. 

Somehow deep inside me, I want to change it. I want her to be happy when this day comes. Take away that sadness dripping in her beautiful brown eyes even if her lips are curved into a smile. 

I’m in love.

I kissed her. Yeah… 

I kissed Architect Jung Soojung. 

It was a move that I didn’t regret. I felt it was the perfect moment… I don’t want the connection to break just like that. It was a shot that turned out good because she answered me with the same intensity making me smile. No way I’m going to let her go… no way.

It was the start of a very beautiful friendship that I hope will end up well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter