One Word

Picture Perfect

Has it been two months since we last met Hyun? It felt like two centuries already. WGM was a God sent because it gave us valid reason to meet without having to create a scandal. If this is what it means to miss someone, I've never felt it this severely.

Hyun, you're always, always on my mind.

When I sing, when I smile, when I play my music.

I hear a girl laughing and I think about you.

I saw a girl wearing pink and I see you.

I wake up in the morning and dreamed to meet you.

I go to sleep wondering when we could meet again

Everything seems to begin and end with you these days.

I know I swear to protect you, but it seems like I can't watch my own mouth. It's so easy to describe you when people ask about my ideal. It's very, very satisfying to sing and think of you.

I wonder, is it obvious?

Does people know that I'm falling in love?

My dongsaengs don't say anything, they just laugh at me. Saying that the coolest guy in the band is not me anymore. I'm too blindly in love to be cool. Jung Shin declared that he's the coolest now. And I let the joke went on and on.

I just received the notification that we will perform on the same stage, ten days from now on. At Jeju, I'll confess everything I carry inside to you.

So I sent you ten text messages. One for each day. Each one was replied with your "Gamsahamnida".

I said,

"Hyun, if it's forbidden to love you loudly, let me love you in silence"

"Of every choices I made, I'm glad one choice led me to find you"

"Hyun, open your heart for me. Can you hear me?"

"Hyun, keep remembering me, though we rarely can meet. Because I see you all the time, in my
mind"

"If you heard something bad, ever, about you and me, those are lies"

"You're not easy to find, Hyun. So I'll never let you go"

"I carry the ring you gave me, everywhere, everyday"

"I start to wish that you could be by my side, here to witness every success I achieve"

"Missing you is a sweet torture. It's not easy to bear, but it is about you, and everything related to you is beautiful"

"Finally, see you tomorrow. Smile to me, and make me happy"
~
Jeju has been, and will always be, a special place. It's a grand event and there were a lot of people greeting me warmly. Friends were left and right, front and back. They praised our new album, patting my back for a job well done.

But honestly, I wasn't really listening.

My eyes were too busy roaming the place, searching for you.

I spot you in the distance, surrounded by your unnies and oppas. Then you have to perform, and all I waited was those precious seconds where you sing your part.

Afterwards, we were told to wait in line, and CNBLUE had to perform. It felt even easier, knowing you were close by.

Backstage, after we finished, I was pleasantly surprised to see you waiting for me. Smiling with your usual sparkle inside your eyes, you offered a bottle.

I laughed when I realized what it was.

A bottle of Vita 500 labeled with your name.

"For you, Oppa. Be healthy!"

I opened the bottle and drink everything in one go.

"Oh! Amazing! I feel great already!"

The backstage was actually an open space. Singers paced around, catching up with friends.

Crews were everywhere, arranging everything for a show well done.

It's as good as it's going to get. If I wait for a quiet moment between you and me, there might never be a moment like that. And everybody might hear what we're saying, they might probably be stealing glances right now.

The rest of the world might know.

But maybe, it's how it's supposed to be, between you and me.

"Are you doing alright, Oppa? Do you know that you're very, very thin?"

"I'm fine. What could be wrong with me?"

You nodded in relief and it seems that for some minutes we only exchanged smiles, drinking in each other's expression, marveling to the miracle we're going through, that here we are in front of each other, not as Yongseo in WGM, but just as Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun.

And because I was afraid that the time will run out, or just because the truth overflows in me,
I held your wrist, pulled you close, and whispered gently on your ear, loud enough for you to hear, low enough to be private between us.

"Seo Hyun-ah, Saranghanda"

It was easy to say. So easy because I’ve been replaying that in my head and now it's time. It's time to let you know.

I stepped back to see your expression.

You blinked.

Once, twice, thrice.

So I finally understood, it's tears that you tried to blink away.

"Y--Yong Oppa......"

You swallowed, a blush started to colour your cheeks, and I feel you trembling from the wrist that I was holding.

"Jung Yong Hwa-ssi! Seo Hyun-ssi!" someone called loudly.

We turned simultaneously, hands still entwined, as if caught in red lights.

"De?" we said.

“It’s time for the final encore! All artists should sing together on stage!”

“Algesseumnida!” we answered.

We walked back to the stage, entering from two different directions, reflexively hiding from prying eyes.

As the show ended, I searched for you again.

"Isn't she with you?" Yoona-ssi asked back when I look for you in SNSD's dressing room.

Bewildered, I walked around the backstage area, starting to worry that you were avoiding me.

"Yah!" I hear Jung Shin called loudly.

"Hyung! Come here! Palli! Seo Hyun-ssi has been waiting for you! Where the hell have you been?"

I almost ran to CNBLUE's dressing room, where I found you standing, ready with a smile for me.

I don't know where my dongsaengs went

I just know we were alone there.

I walked slowly to you, touching both your wrists.

"Yong Oppa......" you said, putting your hand on my cheek, "I've missed you so much".

I traced your hands, circling your wrist and held you close, putting my forehead on yours.

"It's been a difficult two months for me" I said.

"Do you think it was easy for me?"

Pulling far enough to analyze how you look, I asked,

"Was it hard for you too?"

You sighed heavily.

"It's really hard to see your pictures online, not wearing the ring"

I stared at you.

Before digging my jeans to reveal a precious ring hanging on a silver chain.

"This is mine. Where's yours?"

"I have it in my bag"

I smiled again.

Really. Why is it so easy to smile when you're around?

Suddenly, you closed your eyes and breathed in, saying, “Sarangheyo, Oppa”.

I said nothing, so you cautiously opened your eyes.

"Say it one more time. With your eyes opened"

"Ah! Cham....."

"Come on, Hyun"

"It's hard!"

"I know"

"You're mean!"

"Please?"

You chuckled, before taking another deep breath, "Yong Oppa, saranghanda"

I grinned widely.

"Omo! God, I thought I need to wait for years to hear that!"

"I don't want to wait for years to say that!"

For several reasons, I can do nothing except smiling drunkenly at you.

Before I realize that we really do love each other, despite everything, and you were there in my arms.

So I slowly erased the gap between us, putting my lips softly on yours.

You tensed, but you didn't move away.

So I turned braver, fully putting my lips on yours, kissing you like how I always dreamed of.

You made a shy sound, but hesitantly, slowly, you opened your lips for me.

I gladly kissed you deeper, hugging tightly.

When I feel how you tried your best to kiss me back, I started to call out your name

I kissed while confessing, "I love you.........I need you.......Hyun........stay with me............."

You cling to me, only able to pronounce one word, "Yong......."

We kissed so sweet the taste will forever linger in our memory.

We kissed fervently as if our life depended on it.

We kissed desperately as if the earth will shatter soon.

In the end, I slowed down the kiss, ending it with light pecks on your lips.

You murmured incoherently, looking at me with glazed eyes.

We took another long time to analyze each other’s expression, before I say,

"Until we meet again, Hyun"

"Yes. I have to go. I'm sure you have another schedule to run to"

"De. You're right"

You brushed my hair.

"Stay healthy Oppa. Don't get sick and make me cry"

"I will"

We would gladly stay there forever, if we don’t have to part. Before you kissed my cheek and said, "I have to go. My unnies are waiting"

"See you"

"See you, Oppa. And um....call me?"

"I will. I promise"

You hugged me one last time before walking to the door, opening it, and with a last wave, you smiled and left.

I closed my eyes, smiling because of what passed between us, but already wondering when we could be like that again.

Two minutes after that, I felt my cellphone vibrated.

You texted,

"I will always follow what you do. I will always support you, though I can't be with you everyday. Fighting, Oppa! Your Hyunnie is watching!"

Can you blame me for smiling like a fool?

I reply with the only relevant answer at the moment.

Saranghanda.

And I have all the energy that I need to go through my days.

I believe we will be alright.

What we have is real. It's my strength. Our strength.

************************

Author's Note:

23 April, 2011

This fic was written for the Ubi Indonesia Live Fanfic session, that's why it's a very simple fic. It's hard to write in a chat box, but I think that's the challenge of it. You have to think faster and you can't edit while people read it. But this one was already edited.

Ahaha. Super cheesy Yong. Or maybe super cheesy me. This is the effect of all the Yongseo hints that are not good for my Yongseo biased mind.

The Seohyun starcall. Yong singing So Nyuh. Yong shouting Seo Hyun, Saranghanda! And Hyun's blue dress on Marie Claire magazine. Can you blame me for flying straight to Go-chun?

This fic feels different because I'm trying first person POV. I hope it's not weird.

PS : I HATE that crazy Tae Yeon fan!

PPS : LOVE Girl MV Preview is cute! Want the full version!

PPPS : Seo Hyun is super y in Mr. Taxi Preview! OMG!