Final.

Speeding Through My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes ♡

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s seen a handful of weirdos while on duty. He, Minseok, and Jongdae often share anecdotes, always trying to one-up each other on who has the best and most memorable story.

Jongdae’s currently winning, after having caught a guy having with his neighbor’s giant pink flamingo pool float. He even had pictures to go with his dramatically told story. Kyungsoo doesn’t know how Jongdae even became a police officer in the first place. None of his stories are ever as interesting as Jongdae’s. Weirdos just attract weirdos, Kyungsoo supposes.

His days are usually pretty normal, none of that exciting stuff you usually see on cop shows. Today seems to be no different- or so he thinks.

Kyungsoo’s pulled over probably at least a hundred cars by now in his career, sometimes for the windows tinted too dark, sometimes for littering, but most of the time it’s for speeding. This time is no different. Usually he’d let them off. Five miles above the speed limit is not a big deal, but today this car is going almost twenty miles above and Kyungsoo knows it’s probably cause its the morning rush and people are trying to get to work, but he just can’t let it slip.

He gets in his car, turns on his siren and immediately follows after the red 2013 Honda Accord. It doesn’t take much chasing for the driver to pull over onto the side of the road.

Kyungsoo gets out of his car and walks towards the driver’s side window, fully expecting it to be an angry middle-aged business woman trying to be on time for her 10 AM meeting. Only it’s not.

It’s a young man. A very cute young man, Kyungsoo might add - though he would never admit that out loud because that would be very, very unprofessional. He's cute young man with droopy brown eyes that reminded Kyungsoo of Chanyeol’s new little puppy, pink pouty lips, and a melting cone of what looks to be some kind of strawberry flavored ice cream in his left hand.

He also looks like he’s about to piss himself.

“Hello officer, I know I was speeding- which is dangerous and very wrong  and I promise you this is the first time I’ve been pulled over for speeding and I’m very sorry-” the young man starts babbling. Kyungsoo opens his mouth to speak, only to be cut off by the other’s nervous rambling.

“But! It’s cause my favorite ice cream shop is having this special event today where they have these limited edition, only sold once a year flavors and it’s first come, first serve and they only sell to their first two hundred customers and so I just had to go before work because I don’t get off ‘til eight, eight! And they’re definitely gonna be sold out by then! But now I’m late for work and my boss is already mad at me because I accidentally broke the coffee machine last week and all our customers walked out and my favorite ice cream flavor that I only get to eat once a year is gonna melt, so please don’t arrest me officer!”

Kyungsoo’s stares at the other male with wide eyes, his mouth slightly parted in shock at his extremely long explanation. He wonders how someone can even talk for that long without taking a breath in between words.

The young man is slightly panting, staring at Kyungsoo with big, glossy eyes, probably hoping the officer will understand his reasoning and let him off easy this time. Kyungsoo simply continues to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter