Final

Grant My Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's in the mid winter Yongguk standing alone facing the beach in front of him, It's a second week on December.

Yongguk hold his coat tightly when the wind blew so strong towards his body that successfully made him feel chill. Instead of stay still in his own place and get warm in front of fireplace with the hot chocolate in his hand, he choose to go to the beach when the weather is not that really nice. Of course it's really cold and the sun is barely shown, hiding behind the grey cloud. 


It's not his habit to come here often, but it's been a couple of years he always come here before Christmas. Beside, he is taking his holiday for two weeks from his hectic works.  He don't know what the reason is, it just make Yongguk want to clearly his mind that always full of though. Eventhough the weather is not friendly, at least it can make him feel calm enough. Weird, isn't it? 


There is a lot of though which bother him. One of them is that his ex won't stop bothering him, always asking him that he want to get back together with Yongguk. But it seems like his ex don't want to give up eventhough Yongguk always rejected him.


The other thing that seems always occupied his mind is that his mother ask Yongguk to bring his partner to her. Because his mother really curious what kind of person is that who become his lover. How can Yongguk introduce his lover to her if he doesn't have one in the first place?  


Yongguk let out a sigh from his mouth. He didn't find the reason yet why he broke up with his ex and why he don't want to get back together with him. Their friends always says they feel so jealous with the relationship they have and Yongguk can't denied that they are perfect with each other. That is what Yongguk though before. But in the short time, he doubt that. Yongguk feel it doesn't quite right, he feel that Himchan is not the right one and he is not the person he is waiting for. 


Yongguk take his shoes from the sand that he decide to wear it off before. He exhale calmly when the water touch his bare feet. Then he take a step and let his feet walking in the cold water of the beach, counting it as therapy.  


While he enjoy walking beside the wave and the wind that blew off towards him, his feet touch the hard thing that it seems buried under the sand. Yongguk crouch down and dig the sand to find the thing that is in under the sand. 
It's a sea shell that looks so beautiful after he wash it with the water from the beach, the shell it's quite big actually and have a beautiful purple colour. When he open it, suddenly there is a smoke blew out from it and hit his face that successfully make him cough. The smoke have a strong smell, but a bit fragrant. He look at it in hope will find something expensive inside of it like the movies he always watch in his place when his bored, something like diamond.

But what he find is that a mini figure of humans in the shell. He take the mini figure from it to examine it. Is this something like toy? The toy looks like a kid who hugging a bear doll, it have a fade colour but Yongguk find it still look good. 


He put it back to the sea shell. He decide to take it home with him. He can paint it back and give it to his nephew as a Christmas gift. He stand up and walk again, he think it's the right time to go back to his own place. He sigh, it's need two hours for him to drive to his place but he feels really tired. If only he take Junhong with him, he can ask Junhong to drive him home. 

 

                                                                                               (=^-ω-^=)

 

Yongguk put the sea shell on the coffee table when he is already home. He check his phone to find a message from Himchan again. It ask him how is Yongguk doing right now, when will they can meet each other again. He is not in the feeling to reply it back, so he ignore the message. 


He check again to the schedule for tomorrow morning in case there is patient that have appointment with him. He is not find any schedule, so he don't need to come in the early morning. 


Without I tell you, you already find what Yongguk's job. He is a doctor, for more accurately he is a surgeon. He work in the known hospital in Seoul. He really enjoy doing his job now, beside he is getting paid with a big amount of money. He is really happy too when he can help someone who needs his help. It's such a noble job for him that he can help everybody. 


He look to the clock on the wall. It's already 9 p.m, he don't know why he feels really tired now. He walk straight to his room to sleep, it's not usually for him to sleep in this hour. He always go to sleep right in the midnight. 
He yawn so wide because how sleepy that he is. He stretch up his own body before laying down on his large bed without change his clothes first. He close his eyes and drive off to dreamland in any second. 

 

                                                                                               (=^-ω-^=)

 

When Yongguk open his eyes in the morning, the first thing he sees is that the unfamiliar stranger's face laying down asleep on his own bed, they facing each other. With such a calm (maybe because he think he is still in dream), he examine the stranger's face. He have a cute face, beautiful long eyelashes and a thick red plump lips that if it ask for a kiss. 


The stranger wear a white pyjamas. His hair is silver that make he think it will make someone go blind if they stare at it under the sunlight. He have a beautiful bronze skin from what he can assume, but a bit pale. 


He stare at him for long, the stranger looks so peaceful in his own sleep. He don't know but it make him calm the longer Yongguk stare at him. Yongguk try to reach his face and touch his cheeks gently. It feels so soft in his fingers and he can hear a low sigh out from the stranger's lips. It looks like he is comfortable while Yongguk cares his cheek softly. It feels so real for him the longer he doing it. 


He open his open widely when he realize that if it is real. The stranger that laying in front of him is real. 


He wake up quickly from his bed. He standing near the bed still staring to the stranger. The stranger is not budge from his sleep when he make a bold move when he wake up from the bed. 


Yongguk is as bit freak out. Who is this man? He never meet him before or have a friend who looks like him. 


The man open his eyes slowly and give Yongguk a bed eyes. Yongguk is not give any reaction when the man staring at him with such a flat face. Yongguk seems awestruck when he looking at his eyes. The man really have a beautiful brown eyes and it's seems like Yongguk can find his own world in him. 


The man clear his throat quietly to make Yongguk out from his daze. Yongguk staring at him weirdly. 


"Who are you? "


"Jung Daehyun. " The man answer him straight forward and he still laying so comfortably on his bed. 


"Are you even real?" Yongguk ask him dumbfounded, "I don't know who you are but why are you here? "


"I don't know if you want to believe it or not but I'm Genie. "


"What? "


"I'm Genie. " The man who called himself Jung Daehyun says again to him like Yongguk is a dumb. 


Yongguk facepalm. He understand what is he saying, but he just don't want to believe it. He means this is 21St century, who's gonna believe for a such kind of a thing? 


Beside that, this man is nothing look like a genie at all. His appearance is so different from what he heard or he find in some fanfiction. He absolutely look like a wondering soul who just dead from his life before. 


It's like Daehyun can read Yongguk's face, he think that Yongguk is doubt him for being a real genie. He is getting up from his bed, he walk closer and standing not too far in front of Yongguk while Yongguk watching him with a frown. 


"You think I will gonna wear a weird clothes like an average genie who you always find in the story tell 1001 nights? "He cross his arms while he give Yongguk a judging look, "You must joking." Then he scoff. 


Okay, he have a point and Yongguk can understand that. If he is a genie too, he will choose to wear the coolest clothes he can ever be imagine. 


"Okay. " Yongguk just only says that then there is a short silent, "then what? "


"Listen. " Daehyun walking back to Yongguk's bed again and sit on it, " Like you can predict I will grant you a wish. "


"For what? I mean I didn't pick some weird magic lamp or something. "


"You picked the sea shell from the beach before, I come out from that. "


"You are that toy? "


"Yeah, something like that. "


"Where is your doll? "


"What doll? " Daehyun frown. 


"I saw that toy hugging a bear doll. "


"You think I will carry that thing whenever I'm around? "


"I'm just asking. " Yongguk just shrugged, "so you will grant my wish? "


"Yeah, just one wish. "


Now it's Yongguk's turn who frown, isn't it a genie always give a three wish?, "Why it is just one? "


"Because I just can grant one wish. If you want to get something a lot, you should work for it. "


Well, he get a point again. 


Before Yongguk can talk again, Daehyun cut him off. "But there is three thing that I can't grant. "


"What is that? " Yongguk ask with curious. 


"First, don't ask me to cure a sick people or save someone after they get accident. " He shows a thumb toward Yongguk then he give him a point finger, "Second don't ask me to make someone fall in love with you. "Along with two fingers before, he shows Yongguk a middle finger to says the 3rd point. "And for last, don't ask me to bring life a death people. Except that, I can grant whatever your wish."


"Why? You just can only grant one wish, yet you can't grant those. "


"Well , I'm not a God. That's beyond my power, even an angel can't bring a death people to life. "


"What happen if you grant one of those wish? "


"If only it is so urgent, I can grant those wish. But I don't know what will happen if I really do that."


"You will get punish? " Yongguk ask unsure, "like someone will give you a punishment? "


"I said I don't know. Just think carefully with what your wish. "


Yongguk is thinking, what he should make a wish for? This is so sudden that he can't think of one thing. Heck, he still find this is hard to believe for. 


"I think it won't be gonna be happen soon because I don't know what I will make a wish for. " Yongguk scratch his hair, still confuse with all this because it's so suddenly. 


He want to ask that he want someone who he can introduce to his mother because it's what matter the most now for him. But like Daehyun just tell him now, he can't grant it because it will involve somebody else and Daehyun should make them make fall in love with Yongguk first. 


Although he can ask someone else by himself and pretending they are a lover.  But Yongguk doesn't like a fake relationship and more importantly, he just want to find his true love. 


"Well, there is no other way for me to stay here beside you until you get your wish. Even it will take forever for you to think one. "


"You will stay here forever? " 


"Until you get your wish. " Daehyun laying down again on his bed and ready to sleep again. 


He want to ask again, but Daehyun is already sleep. 


He sight, he don't want to disturb him if Daehyun is sleeping so comfortably on his bed like a kitty. You know Yongguk is weak for something cute. He won't admit that the genie is such a cutie though. This is the first time his heart is fluttering hard for someone so unreal. 


No, he shake his head. Get rid off the think that he shouldn't think. There is no way he likes Daehyun in the first sight. Beside that, he is a genie. Impossible for him to fall in love with a genie. 


But he can't rid off the first thing he saw this morning, Daehyun's peaceful face while he sleep still plasters on his mind. 


It's so beautiful. 

 

                                                                                                (=^-ω-^=)

 

Yongguk walk to the parking lot and reach his car with a hot coffee on his hand. He sit in the driver seat and put the coffee on the dashboard. He already want to start the engine and take off but he is so startle when Daehyun suddenly appeared beside him. Daehyun stretch up and yawn so widely, still sleepy. 


"Where are you going? " He ask Yongguk while he give him a look. 


"I'm going to work. What are you doing? "


"I'm going to your work. " His answer it so simply. 


"What do you mean? "


"I should go with you whenever you are going. " Daehyun rest his head on the head rest and facing Yongguk. 


Yongguk find it fascinating whenever he staring at his face. 


"Why? "


"In case something happen to you. If there is an accident happen to you, no one want to help you and you dead from that accident. Then guess what? I'm free. " Daehyun make a low chuckle that make him shiver, "I don't have an obligatory to grant your wish because you are already dead." Daehyun give him a thin smile, like psycho. 


From what Daehyun just  says is make Yongguk's mouth slightly open. Not believe that behind this innocent face, he can think such a scary thing. Didn't he just hope  for Yongguk to die? 


"You are terrible. "


"I'm just joking. " Daehyun is grinning and tap Yongguk's shoulder lightly, "but you can think of it seriously. "


"Whatever. You don't even think about to help me if I get an accident. "


"Are you already forget what I just  said an hour before? "


Yongguk is a smart of human being and there is a reason why he became a doctor, that's is what he always thought. 


"I remember. "


"Good, I don't need to tell you twice then. "


Yongguk is not amuse, he barely know him for three hours but he can make him angry so easily and think Yongguk is a dumb. 


If only he is real and he can touch him, he just can hit his head like he always do to Junhong if he is being rude towards his hyung. 


But didn't Yongguk think that he have already touched him the moment he woke up from his sleep? 

 

                                                                                               (=^-ω-^=)

 

Yongguk is already in the hospital. He is walking in the hallway, he is smiling after he get a nice greeting from everybody who meet him on the way. 


He enter his own room. There is still no list for his schedule yet this morning, so he can relax a bit. 


He glance towards Daehyun who seems concern to staring at the picture that Yongguk put it on the book shelf. 


Oh, Yongguk forgot to throw it away. 


"Who is this? " Daehyun ask while looking at the picture. 


The picture itself is just 2 grown up man that standing in front of a camp. There is a wide smile shown on their face, even one of them have a beautiful gummy smile Daehyun ever see. The other one have a cute smile. They embrace each other facing towards whoever is that who would took their picture. They smile look so bright and they seems so young. 


Yongguk remember that is the first task he got when he became a young doctor. The other one is his friend, or more accurately that is his ex lover. Himchan is not a doctor, he just one of the donatur who come to offer some help for disasters victims. That's the first time they meet each other and become close for a few weeks later. Then they decide to become a lover after Yongguk ask him, he didn't expect that Himchan have the same feeling for him too. 


"He is my ex. " Yongguk says with a sad face, remember again the days he had with Himchan. Without aware there is someone else who come to his room and standing in front of him. Daehyun still standing in front of bookshelf and looking to both of them, but he is more concern towards Yongguk who seems down still not aware of the new guy. 


"I know he is your ex. " says the new guy make Yongguk startle, "Do you want to tell me why you broke up with him again? In case you think I never heard of it before. "


Yongguk glance towards Daehyun for a while before he talk to the guy. Seems the guy can't sense or see Daehyun is in there too. Of course it is obvious because Daehyun is a genie. 


"Why should tell you about it again? And didn't your parents tell you to knock first before you come in to someone's room? "


"I knocked, hard and loud but you didn't hear me. It seems like your mind is occupied with something else that you can't hear me. " the guy says again with smirk, "Are you thinking about him again? "


"No." Yongguk says with a solid voice, eventhough it's true that Yongguk think about Himchan a bit. He just don't want to admit it, "Why should I? And why are you here, Youngjae?" He ask to the guy who already sit in front of him. Younjae is the only assistant Yongguk have in the hospital, because he is not trust anyone who want to become his assistant.

Yongguk think they not worthy enough with Yongguk's level of genius. Sounds arrogant, right?


"Relax, hyung. You don't need to be that tense. "


"There should be something important schedule waiting for me. " 


"Yeah, we have one important operation today. They already prepare the room until you ready to start the operation. "


"Okay, let's go then." Yongguk is about to standing up before Youngjae talk again. 


"Wait, you mean now? Didn't you just arrived here for 30 minutes ago?"


"Of course now. The quicker is the better. " 


They get up from their seat and is about to walk out from Yongguk's room with Youngjae take a step out first.  Yongguk is tailing behind him. Before he walk out, he glance towards Daehyun first. He think Daehyun will follow him, but no. Daehyun still standing beside the bookshelf, staring him back and give him a wave. 


"Good luck with the operation. " He says with a thin smile that successfully attach itself in Yongguk's brain. 

 

                                                                                                 (=^-ω-^=)

 

The operation is a success. Even they finish it quickly and need 3 hours, it's make them quite exhausted.   


Both Yongguk and Youngjae decide to go to the pantry. Take their rest with a coffee and enjoy some light food. 


"Hyung, I heard that Jongup got a new patient 2 weeks ago after you go to your holiday. It's a miracle that he can handle it." Youngjae says while he is chewing his chocolate bread. 


Yongguk just humming to hear that, seems not interest. 


"But the patient is in coma."


"What's with the condition?" 


" I heard that he is tried to suicide, he drown himself in cold water in the bathtub and gulp down so much pills. We are so fortunate after some unknown  found out and call us. We just have to wait until he wake up. "


"Good then, there is no need to worry about it. "


"Nope at all. " Youngjae stop his chewing, take his hot vanilla and drink it while he staring at Yongguk intensely. "His conditions got worse day by day, his brain got damage because of the hipotermia. "


"Why you didn't call me that time? I'd be able to help him. "


"Because you said you don't want to got disturbed when you took  some rest. " Youngjae's hand reach the other bread in frot of him and eat it again. Seems the guy is still hungry eventhough he already ate five bread since he start talking about Jongup's patient to Yongguk, "Beside, you tell us that Jongup can replace you for a while when you are gone."


Of course he will  ask Jongup to take his work because Yongguk believe with his ability. The kid is genius, but not genius as Yongguk. 


"Jongup did good enough, we just need to wait and need a miracle for the patient to  wake up. "


"It's too late if we have to do  operation again for Jongup's patient now. "


"Yeah. "


"You said this just to make me feel irresponsible for this. "


Youngjae let out a fake gasp when Yongguk accuse him and is not expect that Yongguk can easily read him, "What should I do that? "


"Shut up, don't play innocent with me. " Yongguk says in bemuse. 


"Okay. " He give up, stop pretending he didn't know what Yongguk mean. "You are being selfish, hyung. Didn't you think  you are too much to take 2 weeks just for holiday? "


"Why not? I deserve it because I've been busying myself for a year."


"But 2 weeks it too much. You can't just choose Jongup to replace you when you are gone. We didn't know some emergency like this happen in anytime. You don't know what Jongup feels what if he failed to help this patient when it should be you the one who taking care of this. "


Yongguk never know Youngjae can be this angry. There is no wrong for him to take some day off and yet Youngjae  blame him for doing that. Maybe 2 weeks is a bit too much, but still. 


"What you do in your holiday anyway? I bet you just moping around while you think about Himchan. "


"I will choke you to death with this bread if  you mention that name again. "


Youngjae shut his mouth suddenly. He show his innocent smile when he got threatening by Yongguk eventhough he is not mean it at all. He just want Yongguk to feel guity because he is being irresponsible and throw his responsibility away towards Jongup. The kid is still learn though.


"Hay, hyung. Long time no see. " Greet Jongup suddenly appear and take a seat beside Youngjae with hot chocolate in his hand, "How is your holiday? "


"Great, just give some visit to the beach. " Greet Yongguk back. 


"The beach? Is not the right time to go to the beach, right? " 


"Nah, this hyung go to the beach not for playing. He just try to remember the days he had with Himchan when they still together. "


Yongguk quickly take the bread in front of him, the big one. His hand reach Youngjae's face and shove the bread into his mouth. 


"I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean it. " Youngjae says when Yongguk is about to shove another bread. 


Yongguk sit again and put the bread back in front of him, give Youngjae a glare. If Youngjae won't shout his mouth again, he will choke him again. 


"How's your patient? " Yongguk ask Jongup when the kid is just silent watching their bickering a second ago. 


"How do you know that?"


"Youngjae told me, you did a good job. You don't have to feel guilty. " Yongguk reassure him, don't want the kid thinking too much if his work didn't success like what he want. "Sometime even the best doctor can lost his own patient. "


"He is not dead, hyung. He still breathing. " Somehow Jongup feel offend by Yongguk's words, but he know Yongguk just want to make him feel better. 


"Is he have family? "


"I don't know. There is no one who come to visit him. " Jongup take a gulp from his drink, "I think he is alone. "


"What do you think that make him decided to suicide? " Youngjae ask with interest. 


"I don't know, maybe he got dumped? " Jongup replied Youngjae unsurely, " When this patient came, he hold some note. It's said, ‘it feels isn't right without you'. "


"What a stupid. "


Youngjae make a loud gasp, even Jongup look startle with what Yongguk says. 


"You just can't swearing at sick people. "


"For a doctor, you are have a quite dirty mouth. It's a bad example for Jongup. "


"Stop babying him, he is grown up man. Beside it's true, what kind of stupid is that you decide to end your life for someone who didn't think about him a slightest bit? " it make Yongguk pissed, what is this patient's thinking? 


"You can't say that, hyung. Be grateful that Himchan is not desperate enough to do the same thing like him. "


Then they are beome silent after what Youngjae said. Yongguk let out a soft sigh, why Youngjae don't want to let him alone with this topic about Himchan? 


Yongguk stand from his seat and is about to go back to his own room. He feels upset suddenly and don't want to talk with the other. 


"I'm sorry, hyung. I took it to far. " says Younjae with a regret. 


"Don't mind it. " That's just what Yongguk say back to Youngjae. 

 

                                                                                                (=^-ω-^=)

 

Yongguk is back to his own room. He sees Daehyun is not standing beside the bookshelf, he find Daehyun is just laying on the couch. Sleeping so comfortably and his face look so peaceful. He didn't know his heart is feel so calm again when he look at his face after he feel upset to think about Youngjae's words. 


He walking closer towards Daehyun's body and kneel in front of him. It's seems Daehyun is not aware that his face being examine by Yongguk. He feels so much calm that he didn't want to think about anything. 


This is joking, right? 


"What are you thinking? " Yongguk hear that honey voice out from his beautiful lips without he open his eyes. 


"I'm not thinking. " 


"Oh. " Daehyun open his eyes, sees trough Yongguk's eyes that successfully make Yongguk awestruck to see that beautiful brown orbs. With that silver hair, it's make Daehyun's face shiner and make Yongguk won't tearing his eyes away from looking at him. "That thing on your table is always on. "


"What thing? " Says Yongguk still looking at his face. It's look like Daehyun is not mind with this close proximity. 


"What else that can alive itself on your table? " 


Yongguk is about to chuckle hearing Daehyun's funny words, "You mean my phone? "


Daehyun just shrugged. 
Yongguk stand from his position even it feels heavy for him. He still want to see Daehyun's face longer. 


He reach his phone and find there is a few missed call from his mom. He dials the number back and get greeting by the voice that he love so much. 


Yongguk's chuckle to hear her voice again. 


"I'm not dead, mom. What's wrong? "


"..."


"I just came to your place yesterday, you want me to come again this Christmas? "


"..."


"Of course I have one, I will introduce him to you. "


"..."


"He is not confident yet to meet you, mom. " 


"..."


"Why should I lie to you? Don't worry, I'll bring him to meet you. "


"..."


"Right in the Christmas. "


"..."


"Bye, love you mom. "


Then he hung up the phone. He let out a loud sigh, what he should do now? He can't bring anyone to meet his mother. 
He look at the calendar, it's make him frustrate that The Christmas is the day after tomorrow. It means he just have two days to find someone who can pretending to be his lover. 


But he can't ask anyone, there is no way he will ask both Youngjae, Jongup or Junhong to pretend to be his lover. He didn't even can't imagine that he want to date them. It make him shudder to think about it. 


He can'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter