final

anti-vegetable club
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chanyeol looked at the flyer with bright, happy pink letters reading that vegetables are the devil’s food and must be banished from the school lunch menu. he couldn’t believe a flyer so pretty could have such an aggressive meaning. more specifically, it was asking for members to join the anit-vegetable club, or the AVC. he was almost tempted to tear it off the bulletin just because of the sheer absurdity, but then chanyeol caught sight of who the creator of the poster was. byun baekhyun. his crush of over a two years. chanyeol immediately re-read the flyer, upon closer inspection he realized the club was in danger of being broken up  unless they got more members. 2 to be exact. A club needed to have at the least 4 members, and the only members of the AVC was baekhyun and a boy named luhan. luhan was baekhyun’s best friend and chanyeol could assume that was the only reason luhan was in the club.

 

chanyeol quickly jotted down his name and his own best friend’s. a large grin stretched on his face as he hurriedly went to search for sehun.

 

“hey, sehun!” chanyeol called out to his friend. The other just looked up from his assignment he was working on. the older plopped down beside the boy and clung to the other’s neck.

 

“what did you do.” sehun said. straight to the point as always

 

“i signed us up for a club.”

 

after seeing the questioning look in the other’s eye chanyeol continued, “well i know your mom wants you to get out of the house more rather than gaming all day, so i signed us up for a club.”

 

“and what pray tell is this club you signed us up for?”

 

“AVC”

 

“what the hell is AVC”

 

“the anti-vegetable club”, chanyeol said. He tried smiling sweetly at the other but at this point sehun’s thick brows had reached his forehead.

 

“now i know what you’re thinking… ‘but i love vegetables’, just hear me out you health nut. it’s baekhyun’s club. and he needs two more members to keep it going.”

 

“so why should i join-” sehun asks.

 

“why wouldn’t you join” chanyeol is feeling frustrated at his stubborn friend. “i’m in it now and that should be enough.

 

sehun just snorted. “like you said you giant freak, i’m a health nut. and i strongly support vegetables.”

 

chanyeol shut his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose in anger. until his eyes lit up in excitement. how could he have forgotten to mention such an important detail.

 

“well, you know sehun, luhan’s in the club. since he’s baekhyun’s best friend.” chanyeol said.

 

sehun’s face was expressionless.

 

chanyeol grinned.

 

gotcha, he thought to himself.

 

“fine. only for a month at most. during that time you better find more members for the club so that i’m no longer needed.” sehun finally said.

 

Chanyeol let out a loud whoop as he fist pumped the air.

 

“AVC meets after school tuesdays and thursdays in room 136. i’ll see you there buddy!” chanyeol called out as he left.

 

he couldn’t wait for the day to end.

 

 

baekhyun was starting to feel a bit disappointed. his flyer had been up for his club for a total of 2 weeks now and he still didn’t have any new members. He was running out of time. He needed more members before the week was out or his club would be extinguished. If only kris and xiumin hadn’t graduated last year, then AVC would’ve still had enough members.

 

as baekhyun approached the bulletin board for the third time today he wasn’t expecting much. but when he saw two names scribbled messily on the lines for new members baekhyun couldn’t believe his eyes. the handwriting was done so messily he almost couldn’t read it. but clear as day two names written: chanyeol and sehun. he almost cried with joy. he immediately whipped out his phone,

 

from: baby baekhyunnie

to: anti-veggie club >:(((

we have more members!!!!!!!! yippee!!!!!!

 

baekhyun immediately received an influx of replies

 

from: cold city guy kris

to: anti-veggie club >:(((

that’s great kiddo. who are they?

 

from: luhannie <333

to: anti-veggie club >:(((

wow im kinda surprised… who would join this club. they must be wackos..

 

from: minseokkie

to: anti-veggie club >:(((

aww,, im glad for you guys

 

from: baby baekhyunnie

to: anti-veggie club >:(((

luhannie, that’s so mean! how could our own vp say such a thing?????

 

from: baby baekhyunnie

to: anti-veggie club >:(((

the guys who signed up go by the names chanyeol and sehun.

 

from: luhannie <333

to: anti-veggie club >:(((

OH! i know of them. sehun’s is in some of my classes, and from what i gather chanyeol is his best friend.

 

from: cold city guy kris

to: anti-veggie club >:(((

i played basketball with chanyeol, he’s a good guy. a little awkward but he’s a good kid. not surprised he joined.

 

from: baby baekhyunnie

to: anti-veggie club >:(((

fhwoeiiwe!!! im so excited to meet them now :oooo

 

baekhyun shut his phone off and left to go to the AVC meeting room early so he’d be there to greet the newcomers. when he arrived he was surprised to see someone already there. the tall guy’s knee was bouncing and he just looked so nervous. baekhyun grinned largely and greeted the giant boy.

 

“helloo! im byun baekhyunnie,”

 

the tall boy hit his knee on the table in surprise. he almost tripped trying to stand and bow, but his reflexes were quick enough to catch him. baekhyun couldn't stop the laughing. in the end the tall boy just stayed in his seat.

 

“i know who you ar- i mean yes. you’re baekhyun.” the boy said.

 

baekhyun’s smile grew even more at the cute boy.

 

“and your name?” he asked softly

 

“oh yeah! i’m chanyeol, my friend should be here soon. just a fair warning though, he may seem a bit scary but it’s just an act.”

 

“im sure he’s great” baekhyun said. “so what made you join our club? do you hate those yucky veggies with a burning passion like me?”

 

chanyeol scratched his knee, his eyes darting around a bit before replying.

 

“yes actually. i despise vegetables. i-uh- it turns out i'm allergic to cucumbers and i almost died when i unknowingly ate one.”

 

baekhyun’s eyes widened in horror.

 

“oh my!! that’s horrible, exactly why i want to get rid of those evil veggies. I especially hate cucumbers too.”

 

the other just grinned looking a bit flushed.

 

chanyeol couldn’t believe what he just said. he loved cucumbers. he didn’t like lying to baekhyun but sometimes his mouth worked faster than his brain.

 

“oh, hey sehun!” chanyeol called out. said boy was coming up behind baekhyun. baekhyun turned around and jumped at their closeness.

 

“hello! you can call me baekhyun, i’m the president of this club!” baekhyun said.

 

sehun just nodded at the other and went to sit by chanyeol.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter