Prologue

CTRL - ALT - DEL

"KYUNGSOO DO, WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS?"

Kyungsoo gave an exasperated sigh as his mother came barging into his room, her shrill voice drowning out even the music blasting through his headphones. He tugged the earbuds out and turned to look at her, lip pulled up in distaste.
"What."

"What the hell is this?! Where did you get it from! You better tell me right now!" In one hand, she held Kyungsoo's battered backpack in the other, a small bag of white powder.

"What are ever you screaming about. It's just for a friend. Don't loose it yeah." Kyungsoo muttered nonchalantly, one hand going to push his acid red fringe out his eyes. "Just leave my bag by the door will ya." 

"Oh no, you're not getting away with this one, this is the final straw! Do you hear me Kyungsoo! What do you mean it's for a friend, I swear." Dropping the bags on the ground, Kyungsoo's step mother stormed forward angrily, pulling open Kyungsoo drawers with a bang. 

"Wait Anya no--" Kyungsoo cringed, sitting bolt upright but before he could argue any further, his stepmother let out a shrill scream.

"WHAT IS ALL THIS." She scooped up two handfuls of similar bags, some with powder some with brightly coloured pills. She threw the handfuls at him angrily, tears forming at her eyes.
"Answer me, Kyungsoo!" 

"Look it's nothing okay!" The teenager yelled in frustration, shoving the drugs off his lap. "Quite going through my stuff! Get out!"

It was then that Kyungsoo's father entered the room, the tough business man looking very displeased.
"What is all this noise?" He grunted and instantly the screaming stopped, Anya running over to the man instantly. Kyungsoo's father bundled the frail Russian up in his arms, glaring down at his son.

"I can't do this anymore Hyunwoo I just can't.." Anya whimpered. Kyungsoo could only snort in response.

"She's obviously over reacting." Shoving the bags to the side he glanced up at his father, "I'm just showing some business skills, like you father. If there's a demand meet it. Am I right."

His father eyes narrowed, the Korean man straightening but keeping his arms around Anya. "Kyungsoo. I've warned you. Numerous times. Your grades, the arrests, the detentions, the hair.. hell even that tattoo. I've let it all slide, but you're 17 for christ's sake I've had enough of this nonsense!" He sighed eyes averting from his son.

"It's already been decided. You'll be going to a reform school in Korea.... you'll fly out tomorrow afternoon."

Kyungsoo faltered, stumbling over his words as he scrambled to his feat. "I-- no, you can't. I, father. Please!" Squaring his feet, Kyungsoo glared with all his might. "You can't! You can't make me leave L.A. My whole life is here, it's no big deal really you're totally over-reacting? Come on?" 

When his father's face didn't change, Kyungsoo panicked, eyes desperately falling to Anya. "Anya-- Mom please you can't--" but even she turned away.

"Pack your things Kyungsoo. Someone will be through to make sure you've got nothing stashed in there." And that was all he said, before he lead his wife out of Kyungsoo's room, shutting the door behind them

Kyungsoo fell to his knees, and screamed.