Let’s meet again someday

Let’s meet again someday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you."

Sungjae and Joy said at the same time while waving and bowing at the camera in front of them. Then that was it. Their supposed to be charade has now ended. They took some pictures with the staffs and thanked them before retorting back to their dressing rooms.

Joy was now sitting inside her dressing room alone when she heard a knock, the door opened before she can even respond. It was Sungjae, wearing a smile she first saw earlier, a sad one.

"Oppa." She was surprised, and her heart ached again with the thought that this will be their last day together.

"Sooyoung-ah." He looked at her with those sad eyes walking up to her as she stood up.

Not even a second in seeing him like that, and she was sobbing again for the hundredth time today. He slowly pulled her in his arms, embracing her with the warmth she loved so much.

She felt his hands rubbing her back while shushing her softly and it only made her want to cry more.

After a while she recovered a little. She looked up to him, and she was surprised at the sight she saw. His was sniffling, eyes damp and streaks of tears still evident.

"Oppa." Was all she could say again, he saw her shocked expression that made him stifle a laugh.

He tried so hard so suppress his tears earlier but seeing her again in that state, he failed this time. So he just let his emotions take over.

He cupped her face with both of his hands. "Aigoo, my aegi is swollen. You look like a goldfish."

She playfully glared, before slapping him gently.

"But...why are you still pretty though?" He mumbled, wiping her tears with his thumbs.

She giggled at his words. "Such a smooth talker. You became better because of me. You should thank me, without me, you wouldn't have been able to practice the things you should say to a girl."

"Thank you." He said, putting back a strand of her hair. Her heart sank thinking that she won't be the one he will be saying sweet words to.

"And it wasn't practice, all the things I said, I said it because that's what I felt at the time. If I hadn't met you I won't be saying those words, you're the only one I'll be saying those words to."

Her heart jumped out of joy with his confession. "Jinjja?" She asked him with those glistening orbs as he laughed before nodding. "Thank you too, oppa. I'm really glad I met you."

This time she was the one who hugged him, her small arms embracing his whole body. His lips automatically curved upwards, putting an arm in her waist and his hand patting her head. He pulled away, he cupped her cheeks again looking straight into her doe-shaped eyes.

"Let's meet again someday Sooyoung-ah, on a better day, a better time." Sungjae spoke as his thumb brushed her cheeks softly, her eyes dwelling with tears again. "And then, let's be happy, really happy, we'll not care about what the world would say. It's just gonna be you, and me."

He touched his forehead with hers, as they both closed their eyes, her tears finally escaping. She nodded gently against his forehead. "I like the sound of that. I'll wait for that day oppa." She smiled, smelling his scent that she will miss dearly.

She slowly moved her hands from his waist to his face. "I'll miss you. See you on the other side of the stars Yook." Joy mumbled as both of them chuckled, foreheads still touching, his hands still caressing her cheeks. 

"I'm gonna miss you too, so much, aegi." His voice almost breaking as he felt his heart quiver in pain. He pulled away for a moment, he saw her frown. "Aegi aniya!" He grinned, She did the same, before she felt a pair of soft lips landing on her forehead. She closed her eyes to enjoy the moment, even for the last time, for now.

He hugged her again, this time, tighter. He's gonna miss the feeling of home in her embrace.

"See you, goldfish!"

"Ah jinjja! You too, frog!"

—————————————————————————————————

"Ah! My head is already hurting. I can't think of anything." Sungjae heard Hyunsik cry irritatingly. They were the only ones left in their dorm at the moment, and his hyung is trying to write a song to be added on their comeback album.

He sniggered at Hyunsik, his cat Sami while checking the picture he just took of her. "Take it easy hyung, you know you can't make a good song if you force it. Your songs were great because you were inspired when you wrote them."

"I know, it's just, it's been days but nothing's really inspiring me this time. It's like I ran out of things to write. And I still need one song to be added for our album to be complete. Only a few days left." Hyunsik exhaled frustratingly, leaning back in his seat hands pressed on his face.

Sungjae sighed. "Ah, jinjja." Before walking in his room and back to the living room holding a notebook. Hyunsik frowned, giving him a questioning look. "Just, check it hyung. I wasn't suppose to show this to anyone until I'm ready, but seeing you look this helpless." He chuckled at his own words.

"What are you talking about?" His hyung replied while taking the notebook from him. He scanned the pages and his small eyes grew wide. He was speechless for a moment before concluding. "I guess she was a lot more special than I ever thought, huh?" He turned to Sungjae with a sad look.

Sungjae just shrugged, feeling the memories overtake him once more. He sat down the couch and tried to focus on Sami as Hyunsik spoke. "I can't use this Sungjae-ah. It's about both of you, it's yours to keep."

"It's okay hyung, at least she'll know I'm still keeping my promise. Besides, I know you can make that better with just a few changes. And it'll help all of us."

"Are you sure?"

Sungjae nodded, trying to put up a smile.

"I won't change this though, I'll just add a few lines and I'll ask the rap line to write a few of theirs as well. But...it'll be based on your story Sungjae-ah."

"Arasso hyung. Just don't make it a little obvious." He laughed a little, thinking about the lines he wrote, what could've been more obvious than those.

Hyunsik snickered still looking at him, then at the notebook.

"And hyung...please don't include my name as the writer. Just to avoid issues. The lyrics are already enough to raise suspicions."

"What?! That's not fair Sungjae-ah. This is yours." Hyunsik protested, eyebrows furrowed.

He grinned before replying. "Gwaenchanha, you guys knowing it's mine is already enough. Plus, I'm going to take my share of the profit."

He laughed making Hyunsik crack up as well while throwing a pillow at him. "Fine. If that's what you want. Then I'll just make my own contract and make you sign it."

Hyunsik chortled before hearing Sungjae's response. "Whatever you like hyung."

He can't help but be sad for their maknae. Just reading the things he wrote, he can clearly see that he's still hurting. Now, he can't even show how much he still cares about her, because the world they live in is a very cruel one.

Sungjae was so good in hiding his pain, showing a bright expression every time. The only time they saw him break down his walls was on their last day on the show. He went home with swollen eyes and immediately locked himself in his room.

He was smiling after that but it was now a different one. He knew Joy filled a part of Sungjae that he and s won't ever fill. And when they ended, that part was left empty too. But then, Sungjae's lyrics also shows that a part of him will always be waiting for her. He just wish that their maknae and Joy will really be able to meet again, in God's perfect time.

————————————————————————————————— 

"Unnniiieeeeee!!!" Joy scowled at their maknae's loud shrieks.

"What is wrong with you Kim Yerim?! Why are you so loud early in the morning?!" She yelled, still half awake trying to catch up some sleep after their busy schedule.

"You need to listen to this! Come on!" Yeri handed her phone to Joy who clearly has no interest in what she was saying.

"Ugh! What's this about?"

"Just listen to it!"

She grabbed the phone without checking the screen, and plugged in the earphones while lying down. She heard the first line and she froze...

She glanced at Yeri who was also staring at her with a concerned look, and then at the screen:

BTOB - Someday...

Then she heard his voice...

And just like that, her tears fell. For the first time in years, she cried again because of him. She tried to cover her face with the blanket since she doesn't want Yeri to see her like that.

But it was too late. Yeri sat beside her patting her arms.

"He's still waiting unnie. At least you know that now." Yeri spoke, comforting her as she wiped her tears. Wendy suddenly peered on the door, communicating with Yeri through hand signals.

She entered the room with Seulgi and Irene behind. Joy heard the noise and slowly pulled the blanket away from her face. "Mwoya? Why are you all here?" She smiled, thankful that she had such supportive members.

They all engulfed her into a big hug. "Ahhhh. I'm being squashed in here." She playfully squealed as they pulled away laughing.

"How do you feel?" Irene asked her after sitting on the chair near her bed.

"About what?" She retorted, not sure about what their leader's question really means.

"The song." Seulgi interrupted who was now sitting on the floor along with Wendy.

"And knowing that he still cares for you." It was Wendy this time. They were like playing pass the message, gradually adding something to say one after the other. "Basing on the lyrics, he's obviously still waiting as well Joyiah."

"How do you even know that it's for me?" Joy replied, sitting up to face them properly.

"Why did you cry if you're not sure it's for y-"

"Yah!" She covered Yeri's mouth to stop her from talking.

"It's okay Sooyoung-ah. You know you can tell us anything." Irene reassured her.

"And I'm sure it's for you because Hyungsik oppa texted me." Seulgi's mouth was left open, shocked at her words, just like her members, except for Wendy.

"Mwoya? Seulgi-ah! Why is Hyunsik-ssi texting you?" Irene questioned while shaking Seulgi's shoulders.

"Just tell them Seulgi-ah." Wendy implied, now everyone's gaze moved from Seulgi to her.

"Tell us what?" Yeri spoke. Wendy glared at Seulgi as if saying. 'Just tell them!'

"We've been communicating since about a month ago." Seulgi started, checking everyone's expression, seeing them so astonished made her crack up. "We'll, we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter