Just a show

Just a show
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae can still clearly remember the first time he had second thoughts about the show being just a show.

He and Joy were filming in a train station on their way to Onyangoncheon for a 2 days 1 night stay since he and his group BTOB will be in Japan for a month.

They were being their usual playful selves and he loved that they were slowly becoming comfortable with each other.

He admits that at first he considered WGM filming as work. It's not that he doesn't like her, it's just that he first agreed to do it because it would help with his groups promotion as well as himself.

He remembers being a little annoyed when the staff came to film their comeback. When he had to record a video showing he was studying for the driver's license test, he also felt a little irritated.

Nonetheless, every time he and Joy were together, he didn't notice that he was enjoying her company even when the camera rolls.

But this time was different, he wasn't annoyed or irritated, he was excited and he didn't knew why or maybe he does, but doesn't want to admit it.

"Ah that's right, presents juseyo." Sungjae was cut off from his thoughts when Joy spoke.

"Presents?" He said while turning to look at her pretty face.

He got the gifts he had for her in the bag. He didn't knew why he thought of buying gifts for her but he just thought of it as something the audience would like to see.

He gave the gifts one by one while enjoying her cute reactions every time she receives the gifts.

Joy was now leaning on Sungjae's shoulder while linking her arms with his. She was blushing as usual because he always gives her that effect.

She suddenly played with his hands trying to hold it shyly.

His heart pounded.

'What the hell was that.' He thought while looking at their hands trying to catch each other.

He laughed with her to hide the blush creeping on his cheeks. He jokingly sang her a lullaby just to buy time for her not to hear his heart beating loudly until it calms down.

When she pulled away a little because of his joke, he suddenly captured her hand while smiling.

"Arasso, arasso. Sleep." He replied grinning from ear to ear, he didn't knew why he feels electrified with her touch. It was new to him.

Now she was leaning on his shoulder while their hands are clasped together.

A thought suddenly came to his mind.

'What the hell is wrong with this freaking show?'

—————————————————————————————————

Sungjae and Joy arrived at the place they will be staying for the night in Onyangoncheon.

The grandmother who owns the house fed them and they enjoyed the meal so much.

She was smiling all the time they were eating until they washed the dishes.

She was peeling melons under the night sky while he was just looking at her thinking she still have so many attractive sides he hasn't seen.

Suddenly Joy's phone lit up showing her father's name. Sungjae became nervous but he didn't make it obvious.

"Your dad's calling. Go on. Answer it." He smiled when deep inside he's praying for the ground to open up and eat him alive.

Sungjae became happy after the call because of how Joy's dad reacted to him when they talked.

She was done peeling the melons and was about to give him one while showing her aegyo smile.

"Seobangnim." His eyes lit up seeing how beautiful she is.

He unknowingly smiled sweetly while opening his mouth to eat the melon.

'Is my heart playing the drums today?' He was expecting it to calm down after their train ride but it kept pounding and pounding until this moment.

They were both munching the melons now when his mouth spoke without being told.

"You look prettier at night."

'What the Yook Sungjae!' He cursed inwardly while keeping his smile outside.

She was caught off guard with his words. She knew right now she's blushing like crazy.

"Oppa, why do say things that makes me shy and then act like it's nothing?"

"It's not nothing. Right now, in my mind it's really..no kidding. I'm thinking whether I should say it or not...and I say it in the end."

Sungjae retorted while still eating the melon in his hand.

'My mouth has a mind of its own. From this day on, I don't think it's mine anymore.' His mind keeps on having thoughts of its own.

"I think we're becoming close. Even if we're silent it doesn't really seem awkward at all." Sungjae mumbled whilst staring at Joy's doe-shaped eyes and she nodded in agreement.

The neighborhood dog suddenly barked and they erupted in laughter. Before she knew it his index finger was poking her cheeks as she stared in surprise. They laughed again upon hearing the continuous barking.

Joy noticed that Sungjae was becoming a little comfortable with her. He lightly touches her thigh occasionally like when they were introducing themselves to grandmother and whenever he laughs during their talk under the moonlit sky.

She was taken aback at first because Sungjae has always been very careful in skin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter