Bad Boy

Title

Seulgi picked Irene up at her place twenty minutes before the party. She was kind of restless because she didn’t know what to do once they got there. Should she introduce herself or Irene would do that for her? She didn’t even know anyone there; only Irene and Wendy, whom she haven’t met often enough. Would Jennie be there? She didn’t even know. Irene didn’t give much detail of the party and that was why she felt anxious.

 

“Hi, Miss Kang. You look stunning!”

 

Irene complimented the younger with such admiration on her eyes. She didn’t know that Seulgi would look so... fierce in suit. The cuteness she often saw in the girl somehow didn’t show. Whenever Irene blinked, she was sure that Seulgi looked amazing in her outfit. Irene could see another concept that would fit Seulgi. But that wouldn’t matter as per now. She just wanted to attend the party and make Seulgi feel more familiar with her work environment. She could work with her as a model or a photographer. At least they would be close. At least Irene could make up for the hurt she caused.

 

“You look perfect, Miss Bae.” Seulgi smiled as she opened her front door for Irene.

“Not even close to perfection, Seulgi. But thanks.” Irene gave Seulgi a quick peck on the cheek before she got into the car.

 

Seulgi smiled; surprised but really pleased. After their dinner two days ago, Seulgi finally asked about Irene’s kiss when they camped the other day. Irene was shocked knowing that Seulgi was actually awoke then. She couldn’t deny when Seulgi knew about it. Irene said that she kissed her because she felt really thankful and very happy being with Seulgi. She has never felt so comforted, warm, and free after quite sometime. Irene said that maybe she would do that again. Seulgi also found out that Irene also did that to Jennie and Yeri sometimes.

 

Along the way, Seulgi started asking question about the party; how long it was going to be, who would attend the party, how she should act, and what to say. Irene said that Seulgi should just relax and trust her. “If you’re nervous. Take my hand. You’ll be with me throughout the party.” Irene’s words calmed Seulgi a little. The taller girl sighed and nodded as she took the right turn to the hotel where the party was held. “Let’s go, shall we?”

 

Camera flashes where everywhere. Seulgi felt Irene’s grip on her hand tighten on every step they made from the red carpet to the entrance of the hall where only certain paparazzi were allowed to enter. Irene politely turned down their request to take her picture because she had to meet her director first.

 

“Mr. Go, this is Kang Seulgi, the model I told you about.” The man with a bald head turned and showed the two young women a bright and fatherly smile. Seulgi imagined how her dad would look like if he was bald. Probably just the same as Mr. Go. “Ah! The new bloomer! I’ve seen your portfolio, Miss Kang Seulgi. I am so sorry that you were not selected by the board. You look even beautiful in real life!” he praised her and caused the monolid-eyed girl smiled brightly yet shyly.

 

“It’s okay, Director Go. I’m just helping Miss Bae as a friend.”

“I’ll tell Miss Bae if there is another project. Ah, speaking of which, have you contacted Mr. Park?”

 

Irene blinked twice and raised her eyebrows. “Mr. Park...?” She didn’t know any Mr. Park she should contact. “Yes, the one who would have a project in Korea for three months? He asked you to be his co-director of his project. I told your secretary to contact him as well since he would come to today’s party. You know him well, right?” Mr. Go asked and only got Irene even more confused. She turned to Seulgi who was completely at lost of what they were talking about. “I’m sorry? Do I know him?”

 

“Mr. Go! Finally, I’ve been looking everywhere. It’s really nice to see you again, Sir.”

 

Another voice greeted the small group and got the three of them turned their heads. A figure with burgundy suit, a pair of white shoes matching with the white collar of the suit, a Rolex on his wrist, a neat hairstyle, and a confident smile—Seulgi didn’t recognize who he was,

 

but Irene did.

 

“Miss Bae, I believe it’s really nice to meet an old friend, yes? Yah, Park Bogum! You’ve got some reputation abroad now, eh?”

 

Irene smile faded quickly. She stared at the man with a cold gaze which Seulgi noticed. The younger reached for Irene’s hand and held it tightly, making the latter turned and gave her a faint smile. “It’s nice meeting you again, Irene. You’ve been doing really well! I am so proud of you,” said Bogum with a wide smile. “Thank you.” The black dressed girl didn’t really want to respond but she had to because there was her boss. “I am looking forward to work together with you. Shall we talk to other people who sponsored the project? They would love to meet you.”

 

“I’m sorry, I have to be with Seulgi. She’s my date.”

Seulgi shouldn’t be surprised but she was, because Irene introduced her as her date not model.

 

“Miss Kang would be fine, right? It won’t take long, Miss Bae. Let’s meet them, shall we? I am so excited for your collaboration.” Mr. Go gestured that they should go and meet whoever Bogum wanted to introduce to them. The young man stepped between Seulgi and Irene then put his hand around Irene’s shoulder. Seulgi could not read Irene’s face as she was muddled with the situation. What am I supposed to do? “Can Seulgi come too?” asked Irene. Bogum shook his head immediately. “I’m sorry, Seulgi—is that your name?—I also want to have some time with Irene since we have a lot of thing to catch up.”

 

“Oh...” Seulgi looked at the both of them. She saw Irene staring at Bogum. “Y-yeah.”

“Seul—” Irene’s word was cut with Bogum’s shoulder pat.

“Let’s go.”

 

And so the younger stood alone next to a table with flower decoration and gold ornament. Drinks and some small cakes and other kind of pastries were served on the table. Seulgi would’ve been very interested if it was not because she kept following Irene with her eyes. She didn’t understand what kind of situation Irene was in but the girl surely stayed close with the Park Bogum guy. “Seulgi.” She heard her name called and turned to find Wendy Son greeting her with a smile. “You’re here! Are you with Senior Bae?”

 

“I was. She is now with Mr. Go and Mr. Park Bogum.”

Wendy blinked. “Who?”

“Mr. Go—”

“Did you say Park Bogum?”

Seulgi nodded slowly. “Yes, him. Do you know him?”

 

Wendy shook her head. “Not really but I’ve heard words about him and Senior Bae from years ago.” Park Bogum and Irene Bae. Seulgi surely was interested but, in a way, she didn’t want to know. And yet she asked about what happened to the two of them. “I heard that they were in a relationship since they were always being so sweet in every opportunity they have. A lot of the employee were jealous, envied them.” They were dating, Seulgi thought. “I came to the company a year before Senior Park’s departure to the States, working for a bigger company. He got promoted. I also heard that they broke up when Senior Park left.”

 

Seulgi nodded and understood that Irene might acted a little weird because she met her ex-boyfriend in an unexpected way. “But a lot of people believe that they didn’t broke up. Senior Bae was still waiting for Senior Park and that is why she stays away from anyone who seemed to be interested in her.” Wendy’s further answer widened Seulgi’s eyes. That also made sense to her. Maybe that was why Irene said no to her. Maybe the reason why Irene acted weird was because she didn’t know what to do with Seulgi’s existent at the party when her boyfriend had come back to Korea.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” asked Wendy, holding Seulgi’s wrist.

“I’m fine. Thank you.”

“Seulgi, do you like Senior Bae?”

“W-what? No, I don’t—I mean I do, but not, like like.”

“That’s no use, Kang Seulgi. Sooyoung told me about you.”

“Oh my god, that girl. I swear I’m going to glue !”

“Hey! She’s my girlfriend. I’ll find a way to shut . But don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.”

“Thanks. So, now that you know, what do you think about my situation right now?” Seulgi showed a weak smile.

“I... I actually don’t know what to say. I am also confused. I actually believed the rumour that Senior Bae was waiting for Senior Park but then she went out and even asked you to come with her to the party even after she rejected you.”

“I can’t believe Sooyoung told you about that too.”

“I didn’t mean to interrupt your privacy! I’m so sorry! I’m sorry!”

Seulgi let out a small chuckle as she nodded. “That’s fine. You’re now a friend of mine too and we should hang out together sometime.”

“Yeah, we should! We—”

 

“Kang Seulgi,” a voice called Seulgi’s name and the girl was hesitant to look because she remembered that the voice belonged to Park Bogum. Yes, she remembered his voice. But then she turned to look and she didn’t like what she saw. Park Bogum and Irene Bae, hand in hand, looking like a match made in heaven. Bless the angels who brought them together. “Yes?” Seulgi couldn’t help but trying to meet Irene in the eye but the latter seemed to avoid her gaze. What now?

 

“I am sure you’ve heard about me and Irene’s collaborating project. We would want you to be our model along with another one recommended by Mr. Go. I already have a picture in mind and I believe that you would suit the concept just right.”

 

Seulgi could feel the excitement in Bogum’s voice and she looked at Irene who looked back at her. This time Seulgi didn’t care what the look meant, she just brushed it away and gave her attention to the young man. “Okay. I will send you the contract soon! Oh, and, did you come with Irene today?” asked Bogum. “Yes, why?”

 

“You don’t have to take her home later. I will.”

 

At that moment, Seulgi decided not to like Bogum. She didn’t know how she felt about Irene after this but when she caught Irene staring at Bogum again, she fixed her posture and held her purse. “No problem. I am about to leave. I have something else to do as well. So, I’ll be hearing from you soon?”

 

“Yes. I look forward to work with you, Miss Kang!”

“Me too. Enjoy the party, Irene.”

“T-thanks, Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi expected Irene to ask her to stay but when the latter didn’t, she decided to leave. Wendy followed her to the parking lot and stopped Seulgi for walking too fast. “Are you crazy?! You could’ve said no, Seulgi!” Wendy was astounded with Seulgi’s decision. “Maybe I am. But I guess I know what I’m doing.”

 

“And what exactly are you doing?”

“Trying to figure Irene out. If the answer is clear, I will back off.”

“Why would you do that? You’ll hurt yourself, Seulgi.”

“Because she couldn’t just take me on a date, make my heart flutter, acting sweet and lovely to me, but then toss me away when her man comes back. I need an explanation.”

“What did she do to you?”

“She made me fall even deeper without her knowing. If I have to face another slap on the face with her rejection, that’s fine. At least I want her to make it clear for me.”

 

Wendy noticed the taller looked so bitter and bit her lips. She reached out for Seulgi, greeted her into her arms and pat Seulgi’s back. “You’re hurting, Seulgi... will you really be okay?” asked the blonde haired girl worriedly. “I never thought I would love her like this. I never thought that I really want to be by her side and be someone important for her, not just a model. I’m not even a model. I’m a photographer.” Seulgi’s answered made the other girl sighed deeply.

 

“Let’s talk to Sooyoung about this too. We’ll be there for you.”

“Maybe later... I just, I’m going to drive somewhere to breathe a little.”

“Do you want me to come?”

“Thank you, Wendy. But no, thanks. I’ll be okay.”

 

And so Seulgi left the building in quite a hurry. She wanted to make sure that she could do what she was planning to do. She knew that she was being stupid and maybe she went overboard because of wanting to be with Irene. She would stop. She would, after Irene made everything clear.

 

Wendy took her steps, leading her back to the venue when she met Irene on her way looking like she was in a rush. “Has Seulgi left?” Irene asked after taking her breath. “Yes. She just left not too long ago.” Wendy answered. The black haired girl sighed and looked frustrated with the news. She muttered some words Wendy couldn’t catch clearly. Park Bogum called for Irene and she almost cursed with her eyes. That was caught by the junior and she held Irene’s arm. “W-what is it, Wendy?”

 

“Senior, do you...”

“W-what?”

“No, I’m sorry. Maybe I was mistaken. Excuse me.”

 

Wendy’s smile didn’t assured Irene that there was really nothing about her that the girl didn’t say. She turned back to Bogum who gave her a smile and she smiled back; faintly, weakly, and forcedly.

 


A bonus update since now the story has 100 subscribers!! Thank you very much all of you! I hope you enjoy this chapter and look forward for the next updates! Thank you for the supports! <3<3 Don't forget to leave comments (I am very open to critiques!) once again, daedaengkyuuuu!