Cold

The Woods

{EDITED}

 

"I'm so tired I feel like I could pass out any second " Jimin mumbled heading home from his studio, it was late and there was no one on the streets. He sighed, blowing a loose strand of hair out of his eye, duffel bag slung over his shoulder as he headed home.

Jimin lived by himself, it was the house he grew up in.

His parents had left the house to him when he turned 20, and they had moved away for business. It did get lonely at times but Jimin learned to cope with it, and if he ever felt too alone he'd call his best friend Taehyung over.

Jimin fumbled with his keys and whined when he dropped them. He bent over to pick them up, trying to feel around due to the lack of light. Jimin shivered, feeling cold all of a sudden and a little confused, as it was the middle of summer.

He continued his search and eventually found them, cheering mentally as the temperature continued to drop.

"What's happening?" Jimin said out loud as it got so cold, he could see his own breath. Then there was a strange eerie sound, like inaudible whispers coming from everywhere at once.

They continued to get louder and Jimin hurriedly tried to open the door, becoming more and more creeped out by the second.

His breathing hitched, and he froze, he was being watched. The person breathed heavily, moving until they were right behind him.

Jimin felt the stranger breathing down his neck, shaking slightly and still paralyzed with fear he squeezed his eyes shut, fingers gripping the key that was in the door. No matter how much he told his body to move, it wouldn't.

Suddenly there was an ice-cold hand on his back, their sharp fingers, almost claw like, digging into his back.

Jimin jumped as if he'd been electrocuted, he quickly turned the key and bolted through the door, slamming it shut. He didn't dare look away from the door, afraid of what could happen next, if he blinked.

The spot where he'd been touched, stinging and it felt as if the iciness was spreading through his entire back. He slowly backed away, eyes never leaving the doorknob. He breathed in deeply, trying to calm his rapid heart beat.

Jimin decided that a nice hot shower would calm his nerves, he was probably just really exhausted and the thought of being alone made him paranoid. Heading upstairs to his room, he pulled out a big sweater that reached mid-thigh and some underwear and headed for the bathroom. He hummed to himself as he stripped off his clothes, resting them on the sink counter.

Turning on the hot water, he stepped in, sighing in relief. He really needed to stop staying at the studio so late, but he loved it there. Everyone expressing themselves through their dance and always eager to learn a new one. All the different songs and dance moves and how amazing a dance looked when choreographed with the right melody.

Jimin, sighed in contempt, washing his hair and scrubbing his skin to get rid of all the sweat, from his hard workout. He stepped out the shower, drying his skin and hair before slipping on his clean clothes, feeling warm and soft.

Jimin's mind kept wondering to the creepy situation earlier, He sighed forcing himself to forget and went to get some ice-cream. "Yay, food" he smiled, opening the tub. "I wonder if Tae is up still?" he asked aloud.

Jiminie: Hey Tae, you awake?

TaeTae: Hi chimchim! What's up?

Jiminie: U wanna come over?

TaeTae: Yea sure, are you ok?

Jiminie: I'll explain later

TaeTae: Alright, be there in 10

Jiminie: K, see ya!

................................................

"Jiminie!?" Taehyung's voice rang through the house. "Living room!" Jimin called back. Taehyung headed for Jimin, seeing him sitting on the couch wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a tub of ice-cream.

"Jiminie, what happened?" worry laced through his handsome features. Jimin told him what was wrong, from the sudden drop in temperature to the claw-like hand.

"Tae?" Jimin asked, Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed and whole body tense. "Jimin is this the first time this has happened?" he asked, getting up, pacing.

"Yes i-" he started "Jimin, please tell me the truth, are you sure this is the first time?" Taehyung interrupted. "Yes Tae, I swear it was the first time. Why, what's wrong?" Jimin asked, fear creepy back up.

"I, It's nothing. It's late, I'm going to stay the night." He replied. Jimin just nodded, a little confused at Taehyung's sudden change of behaviour.

Not liking that he made the smaller male frown, Taehyung suggested watching a movie, making the older's adorable eye smile return.

..............................................

"Jimin~"

Jimin bolted awake, looking around frantically, seeing Taehyung laying down next to him, snoring softly. He looked at the TV and saw the movie credits rolling, so he just pressed the pause button. He stood up and stretched, groaning as his bones cracked.

'Was someone calling me?' he thought for a moment.

Suddenly the temperature seemed to drop again, Jimin exhaling deeply, his breath forming a little cloud.

Thinking it was just his imagination he brushed it off and went to the kitchen. 'Why is it so cold?' Jimin thought, as he filled a glass with water, gulping it down. He looked up at the clock at saw it was 2:57 am, sighing, he rested the glass in the sink and headed for the living room.

"Jimin~"

Jimin whipped around, he was sure he heard it that time, a voice, it was quiet, yet he heard it clearly, calling his name. His heart beating rapidly, his hands sweating despite the deathly cold temperature.

Something was wrong, very wrong.

There was a slight gust of wind that made Jimin shiver even more, hugging himself for warmth. Then, the whispers were back, a jumble of words, phrases and sentences he couldn't understand, but there was one word that he was able to catch, woods.

'The woods?' he thought

Then, all of a sudden he had a dying urge, he had to go to the woods, something, someone, was calling him. If he went, maybe it would stop all of this, but he had to go, he had to got to the woods.

"Woods" Jimin whispered, the only word coming to mind. He slowly walked to the door that led to his backyard, where the woods were. "Go to the woods, Jimin" he whispered again, hand wrapped around the cold doorknob, trembling slightly. He twisted it and the door swung open, the scent of wet bark and rain invaded his nostrils.

Jimin started to walked, only one thing in sight, the woods. The night was humid, and abnormally quiet, not a single bird was seen, not a cricket heard. He paused right at the glade, looking at the endless amount of trees, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes.

"Jimin~"

And at that he ran into the woods, with no light, no phone and no clue where he was going. Jimin ran and ran, frantically like his life depended on it, he didn't know what he was looking for, but he had to find it, had to. He whacked branches and leaves out of the way, some scrapping his bare thighs, leaving cold wet marks behind.

He came to a halt, there was a clearing, the moon shone through the spaces in the trees illuminating his surroundings. Jimin spun in a circle taking in the new environment.

"What's going on? Why am I here?" Jimin said voice raising slightly at each word. Panic started to take over, and he felt as if he couldn't breathe.

"Jimin~"

Jimin whipped around trying to find the source of the voice, and there it was.

Jimin whipped around trying to find the source of the voice, and there it was

A boy, who wasn't there before, staring unblinking, straight at him. He could be no older than Jimin, he was wearing a white shirt, his hair messy and lips red. His eyes shone brightly and had dark circles, contrasting with his pale skin. What seemed to catch Jimin's attention was the blood on his mouth and shirt, right above his heart.

He started to hyperventilate, the panic fully taking over, his hands shaking and heart rate increasing, he crouched down, rocking slightly as tears formed in his eyes.

"Jimin~"

Jimin's head snapped up, eyes widening, swallowing thickly. The boy was right in front of him.

"Help me"