Downpour

Downpour

"Woah, what a rainy day! Why that much rain?" I ask. Jennie - my fiancée- and I are on our way home after shop.

"I don't know, I saw the report that it was capable of a torrential rain today! We have to be careful and go home as soon as possible!" she said worriedly as she drove.

We continue along the way, talking about random things. When we were not talking I just watched the beauty of the girl next to me, how can she be so beautiful?

"I love you, did you know that?" I say and I see a smile growing on her face, briefly she looks at me smiling and then focuses her vision on the road again.

"I love you too, did you know? I love you so much!" I smile and silence reigns in the car, I watch the beauty of my bride, every inch of her fascinates me.

Confusion is seen in my face when I see her face changing from a calm and happy expression to one of surprise and dread, I look forward to seeing a huge tree coming towards us, Jen tries to deflect but can't turn fast enough, the tree falls exactly on top of our car, kneading it over us.

Suddenly everything is dark and I can feel only pain. After I don't know how long I opened my eyes slightly, stunned I look sideways and despair as I realize what has happened, with difficulty I take off my seat belt and go out of the car, with the rain falling hard on me and with my injured leg I try my best to go the fastest check the state of my bride. Arriving at the other side of the car I see that a tree branch fell on her and I despair even more trying to get her out of there, after a while I could, but I saw Jen was weak, bleeding a lot, and can barely move, I put her head on my legs as I try to call the ambulance.

I held her in my trembling arms, my eyes already filled with tears at the sight of the person I love so full of wounds and bleeding. I cried non-stop as I hugged her tightly, "Don't cry, it's okay," she said, smiling very weakly "how is okay?? You're all bruised and bleeding a lot!", "you're going to be okay, don't worry", "I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about you! You have to be well! You have to stay with me! Alive! " I said through my crying, "You'll be fine, that's what matters, I love you!" "I love you too, and that's why I beg you to stay by my side! Be strong, the ambulance is coming! Wait just a little longer!" I said as more tears flowed from my eyes.

"I can't, I'm too weak, but I want you to know that I've always loved you! Be careful, don't worry too much, and don't be sad for so long, go ahead and be happy in your life without me, that's what I'm asking you to do, be happy Liz" she said in a broken voice.

"I don't want to be happy without you Jen, I can't just forget you and move on!", "I'm not asking you to forget me, on the contrary, I want you to remember the bad times, the good times, I want you to be happy Liz, please promise me, promise me that you will live your life in the best way possible and that you will continue to be happy and always with a smile on your face!" she says in a weak voice as she raises her left arm and lightly my cheek. "I ... I..I promise Jen, I love you!" I say in the midst of sobs, "Liz .. sing for me?" "Sure Jen, all for you!"

 

"When this rain falls on my head

I'll be all wet, even my heart

Stay with me, I still can't stay in the rain

Alone without you "

 

I began to sing weakly, my voice cracking as she looked me in the eye and smiled faintly.

 

"I'm still young, I'm still afraid

Although I know it will stop soon.

I'm looking at you"

 

And more tears streamed down my cheeks, wetting my wet clothes.

 

"Will it stop now? These raindrops, these tears?

I don’t want to get wet with rain

And tremble with cold

Some day, the cold rain

Will become warm tears

And fall down, It’s alright

It’s just a passing downpour "

 

I lowered and laid a light lip seal on her soft lips, parted after a few seconds, still touching our foreheads and continued to sing.

 

"When the rain stops

Let's meet again

Let's smile again and be together "

 

She gave me one last smile looking into my eyes and I saw the gleam in her eyes losing their color, her life fading slightly, I hugged her harder crying even more.

 

"I'm getting all wet now

I don't even have the strength to open an umbrella

But we know

Let me cry for a moment.

While I lie down in the rain

So you won't see our sad tears "

 

I raise my trembling, weak arm, and close the eyes of a now lifeless Jennie, lean over her and leave a light kiss on her forehead.

 

"Now ... Goodbye"